Removed my Barton shifter.... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011
RgrRgrTen4

TSB 11-3-19 - MT82 Manual 6-Speed Transmission Cold Shift Effort

I know this TSB has been identified and discussed extensively in the https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ng-thread.html thread. But for those of you who have not yet to seen it, here is a PDF of the complete 11-3-19 TSB released by Ford on 3/14/2011 that I received from my Ford Service Department this afternoon. I apologize for the quality, as I scanned it in from the paper print out the service dept. gave me.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf TSB 11-3-18.pdf (53.6 KB, 567 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Removed my Barton shifter....

With the recent TSB issued for the rough 1-2 shift on the '11, I crawled under the Mustang on Sunday and took out the shifter. Well, from the top too, but you know what I mean. I didn't want ANY issues from the warranty side. Took her up to Parr Ford in Bremerton. Handed over a copy of the TSB. Lady was very friendly, very nice. Said she had heard of the issue and they'd give me a call tomorrow when they were done. Here's hoping there's no synchro damage.
She also said they'd hook up to the data port and see if they could pull any codes. I still haven't uploaded my Bama tunes yet, so I've got zero worries there, regardless.
Had a nice talk with the local Sheriff that was there having his Patrol car serviced. Noticed he was eyeballing the car. I asked if there were any APB's issued for a white Mustang with red stripes....
If any one cares, I'll keep you posted.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011
PONY Member

Where is that TSB issued? I haven't heard anything on it so it's news to me.

2012 Mustang GT Premium (Manual), Sterling Gray, Brembo Package, 3.73 gears, Electronics Package, Comfort Package, HIDs, backup camera, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport springs, Steeda HD mounts, UMI panhard bar, Borla S-Type catbacks, MGW shifter, Driveshaft Shop carbon fiber driveshaft, RTR wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Roush front fascia, DG Custom hidden fog billet grille, Roush lower billet grille, Roush front and side splitters, DG Custom quarter window louvers, GT500 rear diffuser

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011
Rookie

Got a link for that TSB?
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011
Rookie

Yes, please post the link to the TSB....I've got the issue and want to get it fixed at my first oil change in a few weeks.

2011 GT/CS, 3.73, V1, Laser Interceptor Gen 8, USB in Glove Box, GT500 Catback, Ford Racing X-Pipe (After Cat), Boston Acoustic 6x9 Fronts, Dynamat Doors / Trunk, Ford Procal Tune
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011
PONY Member

Yea, this is the first I've heard of a new TSB on this.

----------------------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra - 99% stock
2011 Mustang GT(RIP)
2011 Shelby GT500 - Gone
2015 Mustang GT
----------------------------------
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
She also said they'd hook up to the data port and see if they could pull any codes.
What kind of codes could they get from a manual tranny?

'73 Mach 1 - Boss 351 clone in progress
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
the post at the top of this thread i copied over from another thread, i believe thats the TSB everyone is asking for

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68DARKHORSE View Post
What kind of codes could they get from a manual tranny?
I asked! She said that there are issues that could generate a code and even a CEL. She didn't specify what exactly. I'll know more tonight.
I'm beginning to wonder if hitting the redline would be logged in there too....

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Done. Fluid changed, seems to have a lot less friction in that 1-2 shift. No issues with the Dealership whatsoever. No codes (!) no problems.

Rookie

Now I know what I need to do on my first oil change.
FordService

Hello all,

I want to remind you guys that this issues may not all be the same. Please bring your vehicles in and have your Ford dealership diagnose them. There are a few TSBs out regarding the transmission and the clutch to correct some of these issues. If you need any further assistance after your appointment, do not hesitate to message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info.

Deysha
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hello all,

I want to remind you guys that this issues may not all be the same. Please bring your vehicles in and have your Ford dealership diagnose them. There are a few TSBs out regarding the transmission and the clutch to correct some of these issues. If you need any further assistance after your appointment, do not hesitate to message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info.

Deysha
How would one look on the internet to see if any TSB's have been issued on their car by VIN number?

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
PONY Member

It's nice to know they come with full synthetic. I won't bother changing it now.

What's in the rear?

'73 Mach 1 - Boss 351 clone in progress
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
How would one look on the internet to see if any TSB's have been issued on their car by VIN number?
Your best bet is your dealer, not the internet. Your vehicle has to be fully diagnosed first, then with your VIN they can tell what applies to your vehicle and do any repairs.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page