Jon Lund vs Bama vs Brenspeed - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I emailed and called Jon want to get my tune

20 x 8.5 - 10 TSW Nurburgring rims, 255/45/20 Nitto Invo, 315/30/20 R888 Toyo Proxes, Steeda LCA, Steeda Panhard bar, Roush UCA, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit, Eibach coilovers, C&L CAI, Kooks 1 -3/4 Kooks headers and offroad x-pipe, Magnaflow street series cat back, Boss 302 intake, AED tune, Circle D 3700 stall, FRPP 3.31, DSS carbon fiber drive shaft, Vortech JT 8 rib kit 3.48 pulley, ID 1000 injectors, Fore Innovations return style fuel system, LMR braided brake lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Site Sponsor

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the names I've seen mentioned in this post. We all have the same amount of following that can parade around talking about how great we are. At the end of the day, we're all going to get you to the same place. Go with the company that makes you feel comfortable and wants your business the most!

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
You must not get around often...
Read my first post. I have been around that's how I know that he's been involved with some toasted engines. Like your name states "Who Cares "

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355

PONY Member
5.0L Member

I'm searching for a balance of reliability and performance.

2011 5.0 Performance White Premuim 3.73 6spd manual HID Heated Seats bone stock (for now)
9/2010 build date
post #35 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I decided to go with the Bama tunes in the end. Can't really say much about them until you try it. If Jon Lund ever gets back to me I will purchase one of his and run on the dyno with both tunes.

20 x 8.5 - 10 TSW Nurburgring rims, 255/45/20 Nitto Invo, 315/30/20 R888 Toyo Proxes, Steeda LCA, Steeda Panhard bar, Roush UCA, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit, Eibach coilovers, C&L CAI, Kooks 1 -3/4 Kooks headers and offroad x-pipe, Magnaflow street series cat back, Boss 302 intake, AED tune, Circle D 3700 stall, FRPP 3.31, DSS carbon fiber drive shaft, Vortech JT 8 rib kit 3.48 pulley, ID 1000 injectors, Fore Innovations return style fuel system, LMR braided brake lines.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

If one already has a tuner (SCT) for example...what's the going rate for tunes only?

As for driveability who gives a smooth delivery but plenty of kick when you mash the throttle?

2011 5.0 Performance White Premuim 3.73 6spd manual HID Heated Seats bone stock (for now)
9/2010 build date
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Read my first post. I have been around that's how I know that he's been involved with some toasted engines. Like your name states "Who Cares "

Now ive heard it all...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
note the tune.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ed-5-0-9s.html

beers

lurking for knowledge 04rx8 track car, 12 GTI dsg daily driver

2015 eco boost with track pack = rx8 on track, but with power????????

GT Member

I love to tinker with stuff so over the last four months I have collected tunes from the following tuners,
FRPP ProCal, for the SCT; VMP, BrenSpeed, Bama and Lund… I have not put one on a dyno… that really does not matter, It all has to do with drivability… some tunes are for wide open throttle… Some are for low end torque…
Decide how you are going to drive the car 99% of the time and get a tune that fits that… talk to the tuner before buy…

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
I love to tinker with stuff so over the last four months I have collected tunes from the following tuners,
FRPP ProCal, for the SCT; VMP, BrenSpeed, Bama and Lund… I have not put one on a dyno… that really does not matter, It all has to do with drivability… some tunes are for wide open throttle… Some are for low end torque…
Decide how you are going to drive the car 99% of the time and get a tune that fits that… talk to the tuner before buy…
Which tune will give me the most low end grunt/torque/pull that the stock tune lacks so much?
I also just want a stronger feeling daily driver.

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Mustang GT|GT500 AB |FRPP Tune|6A
2010 Rav4 V6 | 07 Mazdaspeed3| 04 SRT4| 99 GSXR 750
2012 Camaro SS L99 Gone and forgotten
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
I have the same also and the Lund seems the smoothest and strongest.

2011 Premium Red Candy Mustang GT ( Delivered 5/24/10 )

I think I'm going to get my car tuned my Jon Lund, since I know a shop that works with him.
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0ben View Post
Which tune will give me the most low end grunt/torque/pull that the stock tune lacks so much?
I also just want a stronger feeling daily driver.
^^^ I would also like to hear opinions on this!

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
I've had a BBR tune for about 5 months and I can't say enough good things about it.
I would not ever deal with them again. The first guy I spoke with that took my $1000 order was cool. When I called back the next week to see what was up some lady answered and was very condescending. She rudely addressed my concerns and said "you could just cancel your order if you want..." so I did and bought all my parts elsewhere. I'm glad you, and others have had a good experience with them...but anyone who is nice when placing an order, and shits on you once they have your CC info, is not where I would want to do business.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse View Post
I would not ever deal with them again. The first guy I spoke with that took my $1000 order was cool. When I called back the next week to see what was up some lady answered and was very condescending. She rudely addressed my concerns and said "you could just cancel your order if you want..." so I did and bought all my parts elsewhere. I'm glad you, and others have had a good experience with them...but anyone who is nice when placing an order, and shits on you once they have your CC info, is not where I would want to do business.
Who ever that lady is, she doesn't own the place. You should have asked for her supervisor. You most likely would have gotten a discount for her being so *itchy. BBR puts out a very nice tune, I have both BAMA and BBR tunes, and their customer service is typically top notch.

Don't tell me you've sold me a Sports car, but want to complain when I drive it that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page