Jon Lund vs Bama vs Brenspeed - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools

Hey there, you could always take a look at our videos on our website to help you decide. Great videos on there and if youd like you can always feel free to give us a call and we can provide you with any info you might be looking for. 5745949559.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
In your case, Bryan, Who wrote the check to Lund? You or Evolution? If Evolution paid Jon, then he was working for Evolution, not you.
Either way. Hopefully the next build goes better. I'll give them both a second chance .. #stanger#forlife

PONY Member

did that motor have forged rods? do you know what failed? It sounds like you doubled the HP to the wheels, no?

2013 gt premium m6 3.73 with lots of aftermarket bits

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
In your case, Bryan, Who wrote the check to Lund? You or Evolution? If Evolution paid Jon, then he was working for Evolution, not you.
Car made 480 wheel factory. After mods at Evo it made 740 whp. I told them I wanted to keep it conservative
Because I didn't want to have engine failure. Could afford it. Was told "keep it out of the red and change oil". I did both. 3k miles. I'm dead in the water ..
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to xxkazp3rxx
You were right up along the limits it sounds like for the older 5.4 motor... That is not a tuner problem, that is between you and the engine builder. Lund (unless he's been out at an event) has always responded to me inside just a couple of hours to any issues that I have had.

It sounds like you told Evolution what you wanted and what to install, they installed it (had some issues with some of the install) and that it just made too much power for your motor. I'd be curious to see why caused the motor damage (but also what you spent $11,000 on?), however, VMP or Lund Performance are the ways to go with tuning; they are the best in the business.

2014 Shelby GT500
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Had VMP and Lund. At the track VMP gave me a 12.5 with a 2.0 60'. Lund 12.4 also a 2.0 60'. This was on the same day with each tune getting 3 passes each. At the time it was around low 80's weather. Jlt cai, cat delete and borla catback. Tires are nt05 street tire.
Apprentice

Question

Guys,

Any further comments or information current on John Lund tuning ???

I'm ONLY interested in the S-197 3V engines.

Not the 5.0 Coyote engines ............

Thinking about having Lund (John) do tuning that's why I'm asking for more current information and comments.

Thanks guys,
Terry

817.45 RWHP, 689.20 TRQ, Race Tune, Race Gas, 50 Shot NOS
Saleen Spec/B302 Brenspeed built engine
FRPP Stage-3 heads
Comp Cams 127550 W/Comp Springs
Jesel Billet Roller Cam Followers
10.32 @ 135.56 MPH 2011 World Finals
Type the below line in YouTube for Video:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page