V6 Bumper Cover on GT? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

V6 Bumper Cover on GT?

All-

Being new to this whole "modification thing" I am just getting started on my GT that is soon to arrive.

However, like many here, I am disappointed with the GT front bumper cover. It lacks that "aggressive" look I love about Mustangs. After looking around at multiple options, I have decided that the V6 Pony Package cover is actually my favorite option.

I want to keep that trademark GT look and have the grille fog lights. So, I have a couple of questions before I go about spending the money.

1.) Can the V6 bumper cover be mounted on the GT?
2.) If so, is the fog light grille an easy replacement for the V6 one?
3.) Finally, where would I go about purchasing one economically?

Thanks!

(This has been double-posted on Mustang Source, but I figured many here are smarter )

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. Starting now.
-Anonymous

2014 Mustang GT Premium
Manual, 401A, Red Candy Metallic, 3.55, Glass Roof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

yes it should fit, however you will probably need a V6 grille to go with it.

they are all direct bolt up but it's pretty pointless really since the pony package bumper is just a regular V6 bumper the only difference is the grille w/ fog lights which you already have.(or they were on the 05-09)

If you really want more aggressive, why not go california special, here's a reference:
http://www.cafi.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/leadmustangcsdetlive.jpg

it's still fairly clean looking as opposed to like full race car axe murderer aggressiveness, but definitely more aggressive than the standard bumpers.

edit: pic for wrong year model

2015 Oxford White GT Manual Transmission
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Manual Transmission - Sold.
2012 Grabber Blue V6 - T-boned and totaled.
2008 Performance White V6 - SOLD!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011
PONY Member

1+ California special, and you could also do a Roush front bumper!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I have thought about the Roush bumper for the 2010+, but feel that it is very "cartoonish" in its looks.

I personally feel that Ford got the 2010+ right with the V6 bumper and they should have just added the fog lights across the grille!

The current GT bumper is awkward to me, begging the GT/CS valance, but even then, I do not like how the "wings" with the lights do not match vertically with the grille.

So, I was wanting to convert my GT front end to the V6 one adding the fog lights from my GT, giving the complete retro/modern look I love about these cars.

So, back to the original questions.

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. Starting now.
-Anonymous

2014 Mustang GT Premium
Manual, 401A, Red Candy Metallic, 3.55, Glass Roof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page