Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1904kid View Post
I am still torn on if the ghost-cams are a feature I'd like on my car. The misrepresentation of having cams seems a little wrong to me.

They sound awesome though, and I might just have to try them out anyways.
It's not a misrepresentation at all. The cams overlap at high RPMs just like hot cams would; they just don't overlap at idle. Now they also overlap at idle. You were getting the performance without the noise before; now you're getting the noise also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Oh, and I saw on the last page people were asking if this was going to be an addition to the Street, Performance and Race tunes. I think it's going to be an option on all 3, but it may be confined to just the Race calibration. Not sure how that's going to work just yet. Do you guys want the ability to have it on all 3 tunes or do you only care to have it on the race tune?
I think it should be available on the Performance and Race tunes. I think a street tune should stay conservative. That's just my $.02, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiowaterfowler View Post
Sorry Chris, my CAI did show up today. My wife hid it so I "wouldn't be in the garage all afternoon". So my apologies
Lulz.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiowaterfowler View Post
Sorry Chris, my CAI did show up today. My wife hid it so I "wouldn't be in the garage all afternoon". So my apologies
Hahahaha best post today!

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
PONY Member

I'm an older guy and I just want the sound to bring me back to younger days! For me, I'd want it on the most conservative tune possible. This car is plenty fast as is!

2009 GT Premium Black on Black 5MT

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
How much does this co/?

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
post #50 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Bama Free Tunes for Life members are going to get it for free. Those who aren't Bama members can either join the Free Tunes for Life program for a $150 buy in, order buy a single (3) Pack of tunes for $50. Hope this helps!

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Rookie

was looking to get a tune for my car and had a question for you

i see where you said that this tune will only give you the sound and wont increase or decrease the performance, but were thinking of including it in all 3 tunes

is this "cammed" tune simply just something that you added to the previous tunes that people already had? because my main reason for a tune is performance increase, the extra sound part will be a bonus

eta: sorry for the noob question
post #52 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjone15 View Post
was looking to get a tune for my car and had a question for you

i see where you said that this tune will only give you the sound and wont increase or decrease the performance, but were thinking of including it in all 3 tunes

is this "cammed" tune simply just something that you added to the previous tunes that people already had? because my main reason for a tune is performance increase, the extra sound part will be a bonus

eta: sorry for the noob question
Perfectly reasonable question, and I'm sorry for the confusion.

What I meant by you wont see an increase or decrease in performance was simply meant to describe this particular feature or characteristic of the tune. You'll still get the full horsepower and torque increase that you would get with our Street/Performance/Race tunes. The addition of the Ghost Cams feature to these tunes just will not add or subtract anything from that point.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Apprentice

Chris,

Any new issues with the idle-relearn? Does it sound kinda funky? My car never did seem to re-learn the idle, despite my best efforts... just when it seemed good for a while, It'd drop some RPMs again. Not a huge deal, just sounds funny. Wonder what this cam tweak would do...

Sterling Grey Metallic 2011 Mustang GT Premium (401A/Cashmere)
Factory: Auto, Glass Roof, Nav, HID, Security, Comfort, Acc Pack 5, Remote Start, (Mach Alum Wheels)
Mods: AED Tuned, Airaid CAI, Heartthrob off-road H/catback, GT500 axlebacks, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach Pro-Kits, GT500 Strut Mounts, J&M Extreme LCAs, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, Roush UCA, BMR LCA brackets, FRPP GT500 PP Wheels w/BFG KDW 275/35/19 and 295/35/19 tires, 3.73 gears, DSS CF driveshaft, Formula One Pinnacle Tint
Apprentice

Email sent in reference to this.
Apprentice

i read the thread, and i don't believe i saw the answer to my question.

first I'm unaware whether the SCT tuner can hold more then 3 tunes, but either way can the ghost cam tune be set on any combination of tunes? Like:

1) normal Street tune, "cammed performance", "cammed race"

2) normal Street, Performance, Race, "cammed" Street, "cammed" Performance, "cammed" Race. (all 6 tunes on the tuner at one time)

3) "cammed" Performance, normal Performance, "cammed" Street.

i'm not sure if people would actually use these kind of options people, but more curiosity then anything.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Competition.

Oh, and I saw on the last page people were asking if this was going to be an addition to the Street, Performance and Race tunes. I think it's going to be an option on all 3, but it may be confined to just the Race calibration. Not sure how that's going to work just yet. Do you guys want the ability to have it on all 3 tunes or do you only care to have it on the race tune?
I vote for performance and the race tune. I use the performance tune as my DD and would love to have it with the ghost idle

2011 GT premium/Auto Trans./Ford Racing 3.73 gear/Airaid Intake/Bama tunes/Koni STR-T/Steeda sport springs/Steeda UCA, LCA, and adjustable panhard bar/Borla Atak cat-back/Steeda 14" brake kit on front and 13" brake kit on rear wheels, UPR catch-can...
PONY Member

anybody have this tune running just an axle back?

will there be good sound?

will there be problems with the cats?

Drive it like you stole it!

2012 GT500 Convertible Grabber Blue with White Stripes - Steeda Pulley and Borla ATAK axle backs
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I think most would not mind the drivability if the tune actually added power to the car. If you gained more rwhp like real after market cams would give most would over look the bucking.

2011 Premium Red Candy Mustang GT ( Delivered 5/24/10 )
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my07clone View Post
anybody have this tune running just an axle back?

will there be good sound?

will there be problems with the cats?
I do and yea you will get some extra fuel that does not burn off so the cats life will be shortened. Plus the tune makes the sound twice as loud on start up until the RPM's kick down to idle lope level.
Plus many are throwing codes now with this tune.

2011 Premium Red Candy Mustang GT ( Delivered 5/24/10 )
Apprentice

I plan on getting a BAMA tune very soon and would love to see the ghost cam on each tune (street, performance, race) maybe increasing the aggressiveness of the cam with each aggressive tune (race=aggressive, street=mild, performance= somewhere in the middle of the two)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 mustang 5.0l , bama , cammed , ghost cams , tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page