Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgchem View Post
Not to suggest making things even more complicated, but I've noticed with the videos of ghost cam tunes that there is a large heterogeneity in the 'aggressiveness' of the lope. I don't know if this is due primarily to exhaust differences, or to the actual tunes themselves. Will you have the ability to make the ghost cam tune hardcore aggressive, or very light, depending upon request?
Lol...surprise surprise, your name is "orgchem" and you used the word "heterogeneity."

Maybe I should start using legal jargon in my posts?

2011 Mustang GT 5.0: 401a, Brembo, HID, Security, Comfort, Electronics Packages, 3.73s

2003 Mustang GT: Vortech V-2 @ 8.5 lbs, Intercooled, Daugherty Stage 2 Blower Cams, Cobra-spec T-56, Magnaflow Magnapack catback, SLP catted-X, 3.73's, MGW short throw, H&R Super Sport springs, and other goodies here and there. 434rwhp/409 ft-lbs in 95 degree weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Chris,
I seriously do not wanna read post for post on this thread so maybe I am asking a already answered question.Humor me.....For those of us who are Bama customers or have been since before the Bama/AM deal,will we need to order this tune update and pay an extra fee for the ghost cam tune or can we just request a 93 race tune with ghost cams to replace our current 93 race tune and expect this to be sent out free of charge due to the free tunes for life program?

Thanks in advance.

--Dan--
SOLD>> 07 GT 5 speed,20x9 Razors,FRPP springs,Kook stainless LTs and catted H package,Mac Boomtubes,C & L cai w/sctx3 and 93 race tune from BAMA,FRPP 4.10's

The New>> 2011 5.0 6spd,black on black premium ,3.73 option, Roush axelbacks,C&L cai,SCT SF3 w/93 race tune from Bama.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
cammed tune

Chris-- I would opt to have the Ghost tune on Race tune only if it comes down to that--If you can put it on the other tunes, thats ok too. I run race all the time anyway..Thanks

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickel View Post
Chris,
I seriously do not wanna read post for post on this thread so maybe I am asking a already answered question.Humor me.....For those of us who are Bama customers or have been since before the Bama/AM deal,will we need to order this tune update and pay an extra fee for the ghost cam tune or can we just request a 93 race tune with ghost cams to replace our current 93 race tune and expect this to be sent out free of charge due to the free tunes for life program?

Thanks in advance.
If you have Free Tunes for Life, you have free tunes for life. So yea, you can get the ghost cam tune for free when it is available.

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 401A, 6MT, Brembo, Comfort, Security, HIDs, Rear Camera
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Bama tune, Flowmaster Hushpower Axle-Backs, Ford Racing 4.10s, Barton Shifter & Bracket, JLT Oil Separator, BMR LCAs & Relocation Brackets, Steeda Adjustable UCA
13.31 @ 109.6 at 7,383' DA
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
If you have Free Tunes for Life, you have free tunes for life. So yea, you can get the ghost cam tune for free when it is available.
I would like to hear this from the horses mouth though.

--Dan--
SOLD>> 07 GT 5 speed,20x9 Razors,FRPP springs,Kook stainless LTs and catted H package,Mac Boomtubes,C & L cai w/sctx3 and 93 race tune from BAMA,FRPP 4.10's

The New>> 2011 5.0 6spd,black on black premium ,3.73 option, Roush axelbacks,C&L cai,SCT SF3 w/93 race tune from Bama.
PONY Member

Quote:
I would like to hear this from the horses mouth though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Bama Free Tunes for Life members are going to get it for free. Those who aren't Bama members can either join the Free Tunes for Life program for a $150 buy in, order buy a single (3) Pack of tunes for $50. Hope this helps!
Try, like, reading the rest of the thread. Just sayin'.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMustangLoveR View Post
Lol...surprise surprise, your name is "orgchem" and you used the word "heterogeneity."

Maybe I should start using legal jargon in my posts?
Actually, what I do now has little to do with organic chemistry (I'm still in the sciences though). Just a screen name I started using a long time ago after taking the (relatively brutal) class .

I'd love to hear some legal jargon thrown in here and there to spice things up ; specifically in the context of car tunes. In all honestly though I was having a brain blank-out and couldn't think of a better word before I posted...

What I meant to say is I've seen ghost cam tune videos where it sounds like cannon fire, and other videos where it's a lot more 'growly' (like the AM one posted here).
Apprentice

Cool beans Chris ! Glad I got to hear it in person while in the shop with you and Mike on Tue. I may have to make a change to my just installed CAI and tune package !

Cheers !

Dave
Apprentice

Difference between tunes?

I havn't installed my CAI and Bama tune yet. What is the difference in 93 performance and 93 race? I know this isn't the right thread for this question, but I have been following this one closely.

2011 GT Premium, black w/ factory appearance pack, black leather 401A w/ grabber blue stripe, Brembo Pkg, 3:73 gears, MT82, Airaid CAI w/ Bama 93 perf, Flowmaster American thunder mufflers, Barton shifter bracket, JLT catch can, Lloyd mats

Previous Stangs: '87 GT, '88 GT, '92 trunk 4cyl converted to 5.0, '91 GT, '09 GT
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08DarkCandyGT View Post
I do and yea you will get some extra fuel that does not burn off so the cats life will be shortened. Plus the tune makes the sound twice as loud on start up until the RPM's kick down to idle lope level.
Plus many are throwing codes now with this tune.
Where did you get it from?

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye18 View Post
Try, like, reading the rest of the thread. Just sayin'.
Maybe you didnt "read" my post I was asking because I didnt want to filter through 7 pages to get a answer.A it was directed towards "Chris" as stated....just saying......not trying to pick a fight....just saying.

--Dan--

PONY Member

Quote:
Maybe you didnt "read" my post I was asking because I didnt want to filter through 7 pages to get a answer.A it was directed towards "Chris" as stated....just saying......not trying to pick a fight....just saying.
This brings a question to mind: Am I the only person that has threads set to 40 posts per page? I'm only on page 3 in this thread. Makes it slightly confusing when others talk about page numbers, but I find it makes it much easier to follow when I don't have to constantly click through to the next page.

As for your actual post... I see. Yeah, I guess I wouldn't wanna read through 7 pages of crap either.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
Apprentice

So will performance at the track be affected at the drag strip in any way on an auto? At what rpm does it convert?

2011 mustang base gt auto
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08DarkCandyGT View Post
I do and yea you will get some extra fuel that does not burn off so the cats life will be shortened. Plus the tune makes the sound twice as loud on start up until the RPM's kick down to idle lope level.
Plus many are throwing codes now with this tune.
Chris, could you comment on the possibility that this might cause problems with the vehicle? I know you said earlier the ghost cam tune is probably not something you want to run every day for the life of the car, but will this tune reduce reliability in any way? Thanks!
PONY Member

Ok - I am also guilty of not reading every post in all these various cammed tune threads. This is the first I have heard of it being bad for our cars. Is this true? For now my car is DD and if this will hurt my car I will probably opt out.

Drive it like you stole it!

2012 GT500 Convertible Grabber Blue with White Stripes - Steeda Pulley and Borla ATAK axle backs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 mustang 5.0l , bama , cammed , ghost cams , tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page