2011-2013 Mustang, creaking suspension normal? - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus220 View Post
Got the car back after 1 day. No noises at all when going over speeds bumps after picking the car up. Dealer replaced the passenger side control arm.

After driving ~25 miles to work, going over 3 speed bumps = no noise. But leaving work, could hear the front squeak again, but only once and appears to be coming from the driver side front.

550 miles on the odometer now. Will monitor and report back....
Hi proteus220,

Could you please message me with your dealer, VIN, mileage, and contact info? I would like to escalate this for you.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtude View Post
Hope I'm not duplicating a response but....I experienced same noises on my '12 GT in the front end. Sounds horrible on back roads and going over sped bumps.

Took it to the dealer Friday and the tech didn't even have to leave the parking lot. He said Ford has not issuded a TSB but there were upgraded control arms available. He ordered them and is supposed to let me know when they come in so I can come back for install.
Hey badtude,

Happy to hear you are working with your dealer. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Deysha

Apprentice

Hello Deysha,

Sent you a PM, thanks. I will followup in this post with what happens in the upcoming days/weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hi proteus220,

Could you please message me with your dealer, VIN, mileage, and contact info? I would like to escalate this for you.

Deysha

Rookie

Had a guy at the Ford dealership get in the car just to make sure they heard. The noise actually got louder as I pulled into the dealership. Will keep you guys posted.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus220 View Post
Hello Deysha,

Sent you a PM, thanks. I will followup in this post with what happens in the upcoming days/weeks.
Got it, thanks. I will get to it as soon as I can.

Deysha
Apprentice

I have the same issue 2012 with build date of 2/11 it seems to be coming from driver left side and started at 499 miles on the odometer. It seems to be louder when its hot outside.

--
2012 Pony Black V6 Premium with Comfort/Security Pkg.
Apprentice

I had mine checked out at the Ted Britt ford in virginia and they replaced the left control arm. I've put about 500 miles on the car since getting the control arm replaced and so far no more creaking noise. Hopefully it will last. This is a 2012 v6 Mustang with Performance package.

2012 Mustang V6 Performance Package
Mods: FRPP Axle-Back | Airaid Intake | Eibach Pro-Kit | AMR 18" Wheels | FRPP 3.73 Gears | Bama 89P tune | smoked side tail lights/brake and markers | CDC deck lid panel | Boss black shift knob

Driven 80 miles daily
Rookie

Just bought a new '12 GT/CS yesterday and notice this issue today.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarpointer View Post
Just bought a new '12 GT/CS yesterday and notice this issue today.
2/11 Build date?

2012 GT Black Premium 6MT, 20" Black Foose Nitrous Staggered.

MODS: Airaid CAI, 93 BAMA Performance Tune, Roush Axle-Backs, GT500 Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Extra Chrome Trim, 3rd Brake Light Decal, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge w/ Roush Vent Pod, Valetine 1.
Rookie

In dealer today for check on the noise. Left LCA on order. Will drop it off Monday evening and get a rental. We'll see Tuesday if it's taken care of or not.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMoneY View Post
2/11 Build date?
Yeah. I had no idea this issue existed before buying the car and didn't see this thread until I googled searched the symptoms.
Apprentice

Dropped mine off @ dealer this morning and I will let you know the details.. I only drive the car on the weekends and it was almost non creaking on saturday but by sunday evening it was much more noticible. This morning driving to the dealer it was quiet again so I hope they won't do the we didnt hear anything deal... I'll road test it with them tom morning if anything.

--
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikshifter View Post
Dropped mine off @ dealer this morning and I will let you know the details.. I only drive the car on the weekends and it was almost non creaking on saturday but by sunday evening it was much more noticible. This morning driving to the dealer it was quiet again so I hope they won't do the we didnt hear anything deal... I'll road test it with them tom morning if anything.
I'm worried about the same "we didn't hear it" line. I actually cancelled a service appointment at 9:00 this morning because I didn't hear it and think that the it is worse in the afternoon heat. I have also done my best to record it on a camera but I can hear the engine / transmission over the creak..
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarpointer View Post
I'm worried about the same "we didn't hear it" line. I actually cancelled a service appointment at 9:00 this morning because I didn't hear it and think that the it is worse in the afternoon heat. I have also done my best to record it on a camera but I can hear the engine / transmission over the creak..
Hah. I got exactly the didnt hear it but they did offer tomorrow at 7am to go on a road test with them before work which I will do. You are right about the afternoon heat as in the morning you almost cannot hear it.

--
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikshifter View Post
Hah. I got exactly the didnt hear it but they did offer tomorrow at 7am to go on a road test with them before work which I will do. You are right about the afternoon heat as in the morning you almost cannot hear it.
Hopefully they will work it out for you. I think I'm just going to tell them I want the lower control arm bushings replaced and if they are unwilling to do that I will just call Ford customer service - although I'm not sure that does any good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page