"Ghost Cam" Tune - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

"Ghost Cam" Tune

I know i'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm finally ready to go for it and purchase a tune/CAI. I want a Ghost Cam tune (I don't need to hear opinions of the point of the tune please). Who can do these tunes? Is it still only lund? I want a package with a Tune and an Intake. Most places seem to have a package. But nobody mentions it on their website. Does anyone know who does and does not have this tune?

Also, now that some people have been running the tune for a while, any negative effects? Anything special everyone should know of?

For intake I'm thinking JLT, C&L or Air Raid. Not sure who is the best (all seem mostly the same). I'm looking for maximum performance. I was going to go with a procharger but I'm afraid of transmission problems and other various engine problems with no warranty. So since I paid 30k for a car with a warranty I guess I should keep it.

So I really want whatever intake/tune combo (w/Ghost tune) is going to make me the maximum amount of power. The car is all stock except for a Maganaflow muffler delete. But I also might go with a O/R Xpipe (or maybe a high flow cat one, or just keep the stock cats).

Thanks for the help everyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011

I would check out American Muscle; I know they have package deals, and they will be offering the ghost came soon. They could also help you chose an intake right for you; I know by experience they have awesome customer service, and only hear good things about them plus BAMA tunes. I know when I ready to pick up my intake and tune package; I will be buying it through them.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011
PONY Member

You're best off with either JLT or AirRaid both give out basically the best and close to the same maximum HP and TQ. C&L is the least powerful of the two. I think the JLT sounds better than the AirRaid, but the only thing about the JLT intake is that you have to drill a 3/4" hole into the intake itself if you have an automatic, its for one of the breather lines.

I believe the ghost tune doesn't add any performance to anything, its basically just all for sound. And I think BAMA is actually the company making the ghost cam tune.

Having a tune is great, you can really tell the difference from stock and when you add either the street, performance and race tune you can definetly feel your stang pull alot harder esp with the race and performance tune. It basically unlocks a beast of your V6 engine. I prefer my 91 oct performance tune, the race tune is awesome but not for my daily drive. If you search the threads on the site you'll see that some people actually messed up their stang with the tune by not properly doing it right. All it is, is plug n play. Just make sure to follow the directions when you get the tuner and make sure TO NOT UNPLUG IT WHEN IT LOADS lol.

2011 3.7L V6 Automatic
Mods: BBK Catted X-pipe, BBK Chrome LT's, Airaid CAI, Borla ATAK's exhaust, 89 Octane SFT Performance Tune, Stack Racing Billet Grille, tinted quarter lights, rear blackout panel, VHT rear lights, quarter window louvers and tinted

Future Mods:
3.73 Gears,

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

From the videos I've seen online, the lund tune seems like it might sound more aggressive than the rest. But since everyone has different exhaust, video equipment, etc it's hard to determine if it's the truth or not.

Why is the race tune bad for daily driving? My Mustang isn't a daily driver. I've only put 3k miles on it in 8 months. I mostly race it.

I like American Muscle but if they don't have the ghost cam tune... Anyone know how soon they'll get it? Or should I just ask them. I know the tune is just ricey sound. But I really don't care. I like it. I'm a hardcore racer so I really don't care if people think it's 'rice' it sounds awesome.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011
PONY Member

Bama made a big deal about making a ghost cam tune, then never delivered and also fell off the face of the planet.

They make a pretty bad-ass tune aside from that, but if you want a ghost cam tune Lund is your only option at this point.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I just noticed that Lethal Performance has Lund Tunes advertised on their website. It's kinda pricey though. A bit more than everyone else for the CAI/Programmer/Tune.

Would it be better to go with programmer/tune + O/R Xpipe or programmer/tune + CAI?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page