2012 Mustang Applink Not available in Canada you say....pity - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2012 Mustang Applink Not available in Canada you say....pity

I just read this in the Nav Suppliment Manual which caught me by total surprise.
Anyone know the reason or if it will be available in the future?

Quote:
SYNC AppLink™ (if equipped, U.S. only)

SYNC AppLink™ is a software application which allows you to connect
to and use applications on your smartphone such as Pandora and
Stitcher via your SYNC system (provided your phone is compatible with
these features).

To check your phone’s compatibility and available applications, please
visit SyncMyRide .com.
To access:
1. Press the PHONE hard button.
2. Select the ‘SYNC Apps’ tab on the touchscreen.
3. Select ‘Mobile Apps.’

2012 GT Grabber Blue Vert, 6MT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011

Probably because Sticher and Pandora Apps are not available in Canada.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
Probably because Sticher and Pandora Apps are not available in Canada.
Hmm, that would make sense. I've been using Pandora for so long with TOR that I forgot it isn't suppose to work in Canada. It would still be nice for upcoming apps though. I hope they reconsider. I was sure that I saw applink in my nav menu the first time looking through but I can't find it anymore.

Any word on TravelLink working in Canada in the future. It's semi useful now being so close to Detroit, but traffic info would be nice.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Okay, I find this ford announcement reported everwhere,and again

reading it I assume it also applies to canada , but I bet we will get overlooked for this upgrade Apparently Ford is putting applink in all cars newer than 2010

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ford-offers-sync-applink-for-34-million-more-customers-new-organization-to-drive-global-connectivity-vision-2014-01-03?reflink=MW_news_stm

Can you confirm this Deysha?

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymonkey View Post

reading it I assume it also applies to canada , but I bet we will get overlooked for this upgrade Apparently Ford is putting applink in all cars newer than 2010

Can you confirm this Deysha?
I sure hope it’s available for you guys, honeymonkey. But, you should get in contact with our awesome FordIVTteam member, Kim. She will be able to help you with more info about this.

Deysha
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymonkey View Post

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ford-offers-sync-applink-for-34-million-more-customers-new-organization-to-drive-global-connectivity-vision-2014-01-03?reflink=MW_news_stm
Hi honeymonkey,

Here is a link to the official article from Ford: Ford Offers SYNC AppLink for 3.4 Million More Customers; New Organization to Drive Global Connectivity Vision | Ford Media Center I believe this is almost identical to the one you posted. Although there is a lot of chatter around AppLink currently, I can confirm that this is not referring to MyFord Touch equipped vehicles or Canadian customers. If I receive any new information on this topic, I'll be sure to share with you all.

Keep in mind that many apps will still work with the SYNC system even without AppLink. Just pull the app up on your phone and press the VOICE COMMAND button on your steering wheel. Give the command BLUETOOTH AUDIO and it should begin streaming. There will be limited voice commands using this method of connecting.

Kim

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page