2011 GT base upgrade to premium package - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 GT base upgrade to premium package

Hey guys, new to the forums. Had a 2008 Mustang GT premium and upgraded to the 2011 GT this past Feb. I picked up the base model GT cause I wanted to get a moving and couldn't afford the extra $$.

I'm currently a few months ahead of my car payments now and have some extra cash. I was wondering if anyone knew what would be involved with upgrading my GT Base to a GT premium. I'm talking more aesthetic package. Heated leather, silver accents, SYNC, gauges, power seats, etc. Also if anyone has like a rough estimate how much it would cost. I kind of wanna get an idea before I talk to the dealers to see where the range would be.

Thanks!

9 years of Dodge, finally found my home with my Mustangs.

2011 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Rookie

Ive heard you cannot get the SYNC system after-market unfortunately. Hows the base treating you as I'm in the market for one myself.

2012 Kona 5.0 Base - Ordered | 7/11/11 - Delivered | 8/16/11
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Apprentice

I am in the same boat, purchased a 2012 Mustang GT, Base, Manual transmission, and will be looking at selling it private party now.

Should have gotten a GT Premium for the MS Sync and leather the first time around. Adding all the features from Base to Premium via aftermarket just won't be the same and cost around $3-4k.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

The base itself isn't bad, I really enjoy the feel and drive of the new 5.0s compared to my '08 4.6. Power and drivability is there. I never liked the newer body style until I bought the 2011. Ive been a '05-'09 guy for awhile but what can I say, if they build it, they will come lol. The premium upgrade isn't a huge deal to me, I dont think Im gonna go through the pain of trying to sell into a premium, I regret not doing it in the first place though. I always seem to do that lol. Sell myself out of 3-4k more and then realize I could have and should have. I'll prob look into some leather conversation atleast and more comfort items. Going from my '08 premium interior does make you miss the amenities. IE Heated seats, def miss that.

9 years of Dodge, finally found my home with my Mustangs.

2011 Mustang GT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011
Apprentice

I love my 2011 base mustang gt. I already added the leather shifter knob and leather steering wheel that is included in the 18R fleet option ornamentation package. No need for sync and interior fancy lights from the premium models. I already upgraded all four speakers and installed a subwoofer box that puts the shaker audio system to shame!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page