Steering wheel vibration, enough to concern.. - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to BK2BLKGT Send a message via Yahoo to BK2BLKGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoope View Post
does not make sense! if the axles were bent you would need to check them without the wheels on!

and hard to bend an axle inside a housing! do you have aftermarket wheels? and if to did you remove the tabs that hold the rotors on?

sorry just a simple idea, but it makes more sense that bent rear axles!

beers
I hear ya, shocked me when i heard it. No after market wheels..just the stock CS wheels. The tech swapped all 4 with another CS on the lot that i test drove with no vibration along with just the front rotors to no avail. He didn't even look at the rear rotors..i have never played with the tabs on the rear rotors either so im not sure.

Ill find out monday when im watching this tech replace the axles since he will be removing the tabs and rotors..maybe once they are all put back together something will be different in a good sense lol..hoping

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Well just arrived back home from having my axles replaced and still no difference even though the tech took measurements and said the axles were off by like 7000 on the left and 3000 on the right before the replacement (dont remember what the numbers referred to but the measurement on the flanges)...figures. Im in the process of moving to Mississippi, maybe ill have better luck down there..

Ill have more play time with it on the diff interstates i take on the way there, maybe its just this area? but then again my wheel should oscillate under bad road conditions anyways right?

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2BLKGT View Post
Well just arrived back home from having my axles replaced and still no difference even though the tech took measurements and said the axles were off by like 7000 on the left and 3000 on the right before the replacement (dont remember what the numbers referred to but the measurement on the flanges)...figures. Im in the process of moving to Mississippi, maybe ill have better luck down there..

Ill have more play time with it on the diff interstates i take on the way there, maybe its just this area? but then again my wheel should oscillate under bad road conditions anyways right?

I am sorry to hear that - I hoped you would have better luck than me. I can't imagine you will find a better dealer than you have right now but it seems our cars have the exact same issue.

What is your build date inside the door jamb?

Shotzy and I have cars built the same week with the shame shimmy.

Mine was off 10000 whatever it means and you know how it went for me.

post #49 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yah i was pretty disappointed after hearing the news, Mine was built last June. Ive already contacted corporate along with Deysha about this and should be getting a call within the next day or so.

PONY Member

Quote:

What part of MS? My dealer in Collerville TN, Landers Ford (~20 mins from the MS line) has a good service department.

2011 GT, VMP Roush TVS, 10.80 @ 127mph
DynoSpeedRacing, Memphis TN
post #51 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Im going to Keesler AFB for 3 months of school. Glad to hear it, i might venture up that way!

Apprentice

Quote:
Yah i was pretty disappointed after hearing the news, Mine was built last June. Ive already contacted corporate along with Deysha about this and should be getting a call within the next day or so.

The same time ours was built.

But nothing is wrong....lol
post #53 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Wow, what a coincidence..now that has me thinking.

post #54 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Good news,

just got off the phone with Jackie at corporate who is handling my case. Explained everything to her and when i get to MS i will be seeing a service engineer about my issue and take it from there. She told me as long as i can replicate the problem and show the engineer, they will take it from there. I explained to her that myself along with 2 other people are having the same issue with the same build month/year and her response was "wow, that could have something to do with it." Im hoping whatever we find later is a bad batch of parts in regards to the EPAS. She sounds pretty understanding of my issue but nothing can be done till a rep looks at it and i stated to her im not taking any garbage answers from the Field service rep saying "its normal"..if thats the case, im fighting this all the way..

Rookie

I am having the same problem with my 2011 GT/CS that was built in June 2010.

-2011 Mustang GT/CS, 5.0L, Race Red, 6-Speed Manual, 3.73s
-2008 Mustang GT, 4.6L, Black, 5-Speed Manual
-1989 Mustang LX Sport, 5.0L, 5-Speed Manual, Red
-1968 Mustang Coupe, 289 4v V8 4-Speed, In Desperate Need of a Restoration.
-2009 Mercury Mountaineer Premier, 4.6L, 6-Speed Automatic
post #56 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sorry NEPA,

im guessing you have already gone through the normal procedures, tire balance / ford service?

Apprentice

There are two fuses in the EPAS system. A 5 amp, and the 100 amp that directly feeds the motor. Both should be identified in the owner's manual.

Either will take the steering out of the equation- but you may end up with a warning light still on after the system is repowered, stored as a memory code.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slagburn View Post
There are two fuses in the EPAS system. A 5 amp, and the 100 amp that directly feeds the motor. Both should be identified in the owner's manual.

Either will take the steering out of the equation- but you may end up with a warning light still on after the system is repowered, stored as a memory code.
Really? Where are they? I have looked thru the manual at the fuse diagram and was not able to figure out which ones they would be.

If you could point them out it would be a big help

Thanks
Apprentice

Quote:
Good news,

just got off the phone with Jackie at corporate who is handling my case. Explained everything to her and when i get to MS i will be seeing a service engineer about my issue and take it from there. She told me as long as i can replicate the problem and show the engineer, they will take it from there. I explained to her that myself along with 2 other people are having the same issue with the same build month/year and her response was "wow, that could have something to do with it." Im hoping whatever we find later is a bad batch of parts in regards to the EPAS. She sounds pretty understanding of my issue but nothing can be done till a rep looks at it and i stated to her im not taking any garbage answers from the Field service rep saying "its normal"..if thats the case, im fighting this all the way..
Great keep us informed.
Apprentice

Any updates?

Vibrating minds would like to know

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page