Steering wheel vibration, enough to concern.. - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to BK2BLKGT Send a message via Yahoo to BK2BLKGT
No updates yet since i made it to MS on sunday. Started school too but im looking at this weekend to bring it into a dealership. Ill let ya know.

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2BLKGT View Post
No updates yet since i made it to MS on sunday. Started school too but im looking at this weekend to bring it into a dealership. Ill let ya know.

You may want to pm with deysha to keep her in the loop. Her are 2 more with the same build month in this thread.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...port-mode.html

They got to start to see a pattern here. These car are all over the country, all built in the same time frame and all having the same problems.

Apprentice

Garage
My car was also built in June (the 10th) and has had the same problem since I bought it in August.

2011 Mustang GT
Sterling Gray Metallic
5.0 'Coyote' V8
6-speed manual
Perma-Grin

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonzo View Post
My car was also built in June (the 10th) and has had the same problem since I bought it in August.
Hey Dr_Gonzo,

I recommend you make an appointment with your Ford dealer to have your vehicle diagnosed. Then, message me with your mileage, dealer, VIN, and contact info so I can escalate this for you.

Deysha
PONY Member

My GT/CS was built in May 2010. What is the time frame? I haven't noticed anything like this, but I always have traction on though.
post #66 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sorry for the late update.

APPT. scheduled for Thursday to drop my car off at the dealership. Working on getting a rental also. Service knows about my issue along with the corporate rep sending my case over to them for review. I spoke to the head service manager there and he plans to get a technical engineer out to take a look at the issue right off the bat. After explaining to both him and the corp rep about my findings about multiple people having this issue along with the same build date they both sounded surprised to hear it.

I will update once i Thursday rolls around.

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
Apprentice

Any update on this?
post #68 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Talked to the service manager a couple mins ago. Update is they took it for a test drive and saw the shaking in the wheel with Advance trac fully disabled but not while its engaged. He is writing up a report to get the engineer out to take a look at it. I can only hope this guys finds the issue. Not sure when he will be out here, could be this week or next. Still driving the rental i miss my babah!

Funny thing is when driving with it all the way off, just hitting the button once to turn it back on gets rid of my issue..

Apprentice

Quote:
Talked to the service manager a couple mins ago. Update is they took it for a test drive and saw the shaking in the wheel with Advance trac fully disabled but not while its engaged. He is writing up a report to get the engineer out to take a look at it. I can only hope this guys finds the issue. Not sure when he will be out here, could be this week or next. Still driving the rental i miss my babah!

Funny thing is when driving with it all the way off, just hitting the button once to turn it back on gets rid of my issue..
Nice hopefully they will figure something out.

I will try that with mine tonight to see if I get the same results.
post #70 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Did you find the same thing with yours Shotzy? Apparently the dealership is still trying to get an approval for the engineer to come out..ugh.

Apprentice

Quote:
Did you find the same thing with yours Shotzy? Apparently the dealership is still trying to get an approval for the engineer to come out..ugh.

It certainly gets much better. But a very slight vibration is always there in curves at highway speed.

Funny I forgot how much fun sport mode can be. Too bad the fun stops around 60
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotzy View Post
It certainly gets much better. But a very slight vibration is always there in curves at highway speed.

Funny I forgot how much fun sport mode can be. Too bad the fun stops around 60
So your car never leaves 2nd gear, that stinks:hihi:. Please update when issue has been resolved or it has been determined to be a "normal characteristic" of cars built on June 10th, 2011 after lunchtime but before 2pm

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #73 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Welp, who woulda thought i get a call from the dealership today to tell me the engineer has closed the case on my issue and my problem is a normal characteristic of my car..

Am i taking that for an answer to my problem? nope im getting a lawyer.

Service manager says that the advance trac controls are also used to prevent nimble in the steering wheel and when i countered with "really? tell me why this doesnt happen in an identical 2011 i test drove on a lot then and its butter smooth?" Service manager asks if i knew what the build date on the one i drove was....WHY THE **** DOES THAT MATTER!?!? OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY PROBLEM IF THE ISSUE WASNT THERE IN THAT CAR!!! REALLY FORD??? He also told me the engineer has seen 5 other cases of this problem and its "just normal"...

If i dont get a good answer tomorrow with the lady im working with at corporate, im taking this to a lawyer period..

post #74 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Any of the people here having this issue with there car, im thinking about a class action lawsuit now. If your comfortable with the issue in your car with no resolve by ford just ignore this. If not, please PM me.

Im doing some research on attorneys right now to start a case. The more people who are willing to go in on it the better.

Im irritated right now and have never had to deal with something like this before, but i wont take this as an answer to my problem when i purchased the extended warranty with this car and the amount i paid. Ford has not shown me any true or reasonable answers to there F***up. Im doing the whole shabang..BBB, and news agencies with the lawsuit.

Has anyone here ever gone this route and have experience with a lawsuit and attorney?

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Any of the people here having this issue with there car, im thinking about a class action lawsuit now. If your comfortable with the issue in your car with no resolve by ford just ignore this. If not, please PM me.

Im doing some research on attorneys right now to start a case. The more people who are willing to go in on it the better.

Im irritated right now and have never had to deal with something like this before, but i wont take this as an answer to my problem when i purchased the extended warranty with this car and the amount i paid. Ford has not shown me any true or reasonable answers to there F***up. Im doing the whole shabang..BBB, and news agencies with the lawsuit.

Has anyone here ever gone this route and have experience with a lawsuit and attorney?
Lord have mercy..

I have the exact issue with my car.. Now I guess I am waiting to hear back and get the dreaded normal characteristic news..

I guess my tick will be normal and it not starting will be normal too.. It is a Ford..

I am just like you.. I purchased extra warranty.. Bumper to bumper..

Joshua
2011 GT Premium.
Free Timex option
perfect shifting Automatic
Candy Apple metallic
Tri bar pony badges all the way around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page