Steering wheel vibration, enough to concern.. - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2BLKGT View Post
Any of the people here having this issue with there car, im thinking about a class action lawsuit now. If your comfortable with the issue in your car with no resolve by ford just ignore this. If not, please PM me.

Im doing some research on attorneys right now to start a case. The more people who are willing to go in on it the better.

Im irritated right now and have never had to deal with something like this before, but i wont take this as an answer to my problem when i purchased the extended warranty with this car and the amount i paid. Ford has not shown me any true or reasonable answers to there F***up. Im doing the whole shabang..BBB, and news agencies with the lawsuit.

Has anyone here ever gone this route and have experience with a lawsuit and attorney?
Hey BK2BLKGT,

I was reading through your case and I hope this gets explained to you when out Tech SME calls you this afternoon.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to BK2BLKGT Send a message via Yahoo to BK2BLKGT
Deysha,

I dont need an explanation on my issue, I've talked to the sme and his expert knowledge says this is normal when turning off advance trac??? That's the best I get for an explanation??? Look at this forum post and youl see people with my issue and same build date only!!! If this was normal I would expect to hear everyone on this post to have it..and the other identical mustang I drove to have it also...hint hint?? I will go through hell and high water before I take a bull#### answer to our issue like this..

I'm dying to see what this sme tells me when he comes to drive it with me...I can't wait to see his expression when I show him the results in another stang....

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
post #78 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sleeper 5.0, who woulda thought. Same build date as everone else having this issue..

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Sleeper 5.0, who woulda thought. Same build date as everone else having this issue..
Yeah that's kinda weird isn't it...Ford needs to fix it or give me a another car... I paid too much for this car to have shimmys, ticks and no starting characteristics It only got 2k on it too..

Joshua
2011 GT Premium.
Free Timex option
perfect shifting Automatic
Candy Apple metallic
Tri bar pony badges all the way around
post #80 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sleeper,

so your shimmy happens when you turn off advance trac/traction control right?

PONY Member
5.0L Member

You know I noticed it maybe the second day.. Not sure what mode I had it in if I had it in any mode...

Yes it is very pronounced in sport mode over 60+.. I haven't tried it with everything off.. Dang dealer has my ride right now so I am not getting to experiment with it much..

Joshua
2011 GT Premium.
Free Timex option
Candy Apple metallic
FordService

Quote:
Deysha,

I dont need an explanation on my issue, I've talked to the sme and his expert knowledge says this is normal when turning off advance trac??? That's the best I get for an explanation??? Look at this forum post and youl see people with my issue and same build date only!!! If this was normal I would expect to hear everyone on this post to have it..and the other identical mustang I drove to have it also...hint hint?? I will go through hell and high water before I take a bull#### answer to our issue like this..

I'm dying to see what this sme tells me when he comes to drive it with me...I can't wait to see his expression when I show him the results in another stang....
I understand BK2BLKGT. I did research the Sport Mode feature on these vehicles and this is what I found. The Sport Mode will incorporate EPAs on some models and this can cause feedback in the steering system due to road surface irregularities. Sport Mode is not intended for use on public roadways, this driving mode is intended for off-highway use only (track). I hope this helps.

Deysha
post #83 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
I understand BK2BLKGT. I did research the Sport Mode feature on these vehicles and this is what I found. The Sport Mode will incorporate EPAs on some models and this can cause feedback in the steering system due to road surface irregularities. Sport Mode is not intended for use on public roadways, this driving mode is intended for off-highway use only (track). I hope this helps.

Deysha

And where exactly did you find this? Because i don't get understand what your talking about? this is what i found in my manual..

Sport mode is not intended for use on public roadways as this mode
provides less AdvanceTrac system intervention than when the default
ESC and traction control systems are on. Sport mode will allow more
spirited driving while the AdvanceTrac system is still enabled.

dont see anything about the steering system being affected??

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Well answer this for me... How come some cars do it(built in June 10) and some don't? Maybe this will be the next excuse.. " The road surface they are using their cars on, is different than every road surface I drive on" I should join the excuse dept at Ford.. I can think up worthless crap all day long.. How much does it pay?

Is there like a group of enginerds sitting at a round table thinking up crap to say to the public so that they don't have to warranty this issue?

Joshua
2011 GT Premium.
Free Timex option
Candy Apple metallic
FordService

Quote:
And where exactly did you find this? Because i don't get understand what your talking about? this is what i found in my manual..

Sport mode is not intended for use on public roadways as this mode
provides less AdvanceTrac system intervention than when the default
ESC and traction control systems are on. Sport mode will allow more
spirited driving while the AdvanceTrac system is still enabled.

dont see anything about the steering system being affected??
I know it is not written down to the T in the Owner Manual BK2BLKGT. This is why I did further research about it, to give you guys a better understanding. I also reviewed your case and this was also explained to you in detail by our FSE and our Tech SME. I understand it may not be the resolution you would’ve liked but, I still recommend you continue to work with your dealer if anything worsens.

Deysha
Apprentice

Quote:
I know it is not written down to the T in the Owner Manual BK2BLKGT. This is why I did further research about it, to give you guys a better understanding. I also reviewed your case and this was also explained to you in detail by our FSE and our Tech SME. I understand it may not be the resolution you would’ve liked but, I still recommend you continue to work with your dealer if anything worsens.

Deysha
The dealer does not want to do anything about this issue. They just roll there eyes everytime it is brought up. And the vibration will happen on all winding highways even in regular mode. But of course they never drive the car on those roads because they are not close enough to the dealer. I went through all of this last year and got the exact same response. The only difference is now there is a ton more evidence pointing to this being a real issue.

I am really just tired of all the excuses at this point. It really is obvious something is wrong. Everyone can see it including Ford. But Ford is just CHOOSING not to. Whether it is for public roads or the track. It was sold as a feature of a car that we paid for. And it works on all cars except those built in the beginning of june. We still paid the same price as everyone else.

Its really just a dead issue to me at this point as is buying another ford I suppose.

Funny because I really liked the ford flex but because of these and other issues I will be getting another Honda/acura for my wife this month.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
And it works on all cars except those built in the beginning of june. We still paid the same price as everyone else.
Man I paid out the waazoo for mine.. Plus traded in a good driving car..

Mine does it without being in sport mode.. It's just more noticed with sport mode on...

Shoulda bought a 2012...

Joshua
2011 GT Premium.
Free Timex option
Candy Apple metallic
post #88 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:

Deysha
Explained to me in detail huh? really?? Your ***** FSE's only told me this happens in all 2011 mustangs and will show up once i disable this feature. They told me nothing when asked how the hell does that make any sense. How is that in detail at all?? Please tell me because im dying to know?? How come this didnt show itself in the 2011 mustang i took for a test drive with a technician?? Have you even read this thread and seen how many consumers here have this same issue with the same build date?? Does that spark any thoughts in your head?? I dont see ONE mustang not built in june 2010 having this issue but your "smart FSE's" tell me it happens in all and is just normal..-_-

I asked where you found your info, not another explanation with no reference. I have yet to see where you found your info at. As far as im concerned, you and ford made this up and will keep feeding people bull**** answers about this issue when its brought up countless times by the consumers who paid for an extended warranty and expensive sports car with a major safety issue..

If you so called reviewed this issue, you would notice the FSE has closed my case since its deemed normal..My issue is a safety issue!! I would expect someone like yourself to think that a steering wheel that shakes 1/2 inch in both directions with traction control/advance trac fully off would be pretty serious...obviously im wrong.

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotzy View Post
The dealer does not want to do anything about this issue. They just roll there eyes everytime it is brought up. And the vibration will happen on all winding highways even in regular mode. But of course they never drive the car on those roads because they are not close enough to the dealer. I went through all of this last year and got the exact same response. The only difference is now there is a ton more evidence pointing to this being a real issue.

I am really just tired of all the excuses at this point. It really is obvious something is wrong. Everyone can see it including Ford. But Ford is just CHOOSING not to. Whether it is for public roads or the track. It was sold as a feature of a car that we paid for. And it works on all cars except those built in the beginning of june. We still paid the same price as everyone else.

Its really just a dead issue to me at this point as is buying another ford I suppose.

Funny because I really liked the ford flex but because of these and other issues I will be getting another Honda/acura for my wife this month.
Shotzy,

The explanation I posted was specifically for the Sport Mode situation. If you are experiencing this on a regular basis I can reopen you case and have this looked into again. All aspects of it should be explored. Please let me know if you’d like me to reopen your case.

Deysha
FordService

Quote:
Explained to me in detail huh? really?? Your ***** FSE's only told me this happens in all 2011 mustangs and will show up once i disable this feature. They told me nothing when asked how the hell does that make any sense. How is that in detail at all?? Please tell me because im dying to know?? How come this didnt show itself in the 2011 mustang i took for a test drive with a technician?? Have you even read this thread and seen how many consumers here have this same issue with the same build date?? Does that spark any thoughts in your head?? I dont see ONE mustang not built in june 2010 having this issue but your "smart FSE's" tell me it happens in all and is just normal..-_-

I asked where you found your info, not another explanation with no reference. I have yet to see where you found your info at. As far as im concerned, you and ford made this up and will keep feeding people bull**** answers about this issue when its brought up countless times by the consumers who paid for an extended warranty and expensive sports car with a major safety issue..

If you so called reviewed this issue, you would notice the FSE has closed my case since its deemed normal..My issue is a safety issue!! I would expect someone like yourself to think that a steering wheel that shakes 1/2 inch in both directions with traction control/advance trac fully off would be pretty serious...obviously im wrong.
BK2BLKGT,

I spoke to Ford engineers about this and that is what they explained to me. Again, I’m not an engineer or a technician and I can’t drive your vehicle to experience what is going on. I can only go by your dealer’s diagnosis and info from our Tech Hotline and FSE’s. You can always get a second opinion from a different Ford dealer if you’d like. I do thank you for your comments and input though.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page