Flat Black Wheels for 2011 Mustang GT? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Flat Black Wheels for 2011 Mustang GT?

Im looking into buying wheels and everything that isnt a knockoff is ridiculously priced. Anyone with experience with knockoff wheels? Cruizin Concepts in particular. Any feedback on good/reputable sites to buy wheels from? I just had a bad experience with Blue Oval Industries and dont want repeat my mistake with another company.

Anybody here with flat black wheels? Im curious to see how they look on a 2011 (sterling), being that the paint job is so glossy im curious how flat black wheels would look, or if maybe i should go gunmetal.

Last edited by firestang914; 06-04-2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Changed Title to better fit thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestang914 View Post
Im looking into buying wheels and everything that isnt a knockoff is ridiculously priced. Anyone with experience with knockoff wheels? Cruizin Concepts in particular. Any feedback on good/reputable sites to buy wheels from? I just had a bad experience with Blue Oval Industries and dont want repeat my mistake with another company.

Anybody here with flat black wheels? Im curious to see how they look on a 2011 (sterling), being that the paint job is so glossy im curious how flat black wheels would look, or if maybe i should go gunmetal.
idk if this is outta your price range but these are nice and if you sell your stock ones you can get probably half your money back. Matte Gunmetal TSW Nurburgring Wheel - 18x9 (05-12 All) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011
GT Member

Find the wheels you want, find the cheapest price you can on the internet... go to a local tire store... Big O, Discount, Hebdon whom ever is a chained tire store in your city... see what their price is, see if they will match it... It is easier to return defective produces locally than shipping it back to waldos wheel and tire emporiam...

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpenguin69 View Post
idk if this is outta your price range but these are nice and if you sell your stock ones you can get probably half your money back. Matte Gunmetal TSW Nurburgring Wheel - 18x9 (05-12 All) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Those wheels are absolutely sick. The black would look amazing.

Just a side note, we have the gunmetal ones on a crazy 15% off blowout sale, if you're interested.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...uscle-com.html

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011
Apprentice

I have the Brembo package, and like the wheels for the street, so I just painted them matte black. My car's white, so I'm currently experimenting with thin white pinstriping around the outer edge of the wheels. On white at least, the matte black looks really good, and I like the white striping up close, but from a distance it makes it look like I have white-wall tires.
The only complaint I have about these wheels is their weight. I haven't weighed 'em, but just R&Ring them I could tell they've got some heft. Unless the stock tires are the problem, but they'd have to be run-flats to make that much difference.
Perfectly fine for the street though.

'12 Boss-Competition Orange
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Those wheels are absolutely sick. The black would look amazing.

Just a side note, we have the gunmetal ones on a crazy 15% off blowout sale, if you're interested.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...uscle-com.html
Do you sell the TSW's in a complete package in 18s? I would like to do the stagger look on mine, 10s out back, 9s up front. Please let me know, I am ready to pull the tigger. Are these the Matte Gunmetal ???

2011 Ingot Silver GT

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011
Apprentice

I wish American Muscle sold the RTR wheels
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchyx914 View Post
I wish American Muscle sold the RTR wheels
+1 but i actually like the TSW's better than the RTR's. And if I believe they weight less too.

2011 5.0: Manual, GT500 mufflers, resonator delete, Borla X Pipe, Roush Springs & Struts, Eibach ProKit Springs, Steeda CAI, Brenspeed tune, Roush Grille, C/S front fascia, Tinted Windows, Smoked Tail Lights, Boss Steering wheel, 20" Forgestar F14 Piano Black, 315 Nitto Invo Tires.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011
Apprentice

I saw a car at Carlisle (I believe the Pypes shop car) with the RTR's and the rears looked like they stuck out a little too much. The RTR that was there didn't have that problem. Then I saw a Yellow Blaze 2011 at the Evolution booth that had staggered diameter TSW's that looked perfect. They basically copied the SVT wheels with 19" up front and 20" out back. Looked sick.

Performance White 2011 GT Premium, Brembos, 3.73 gears
Hushpower axlebacks, FRPP P springs, Barton shifter bracket, Barton white shift knob, CHE lower control arms, CHE adjustable panhard bar.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestang914 View Post

i have been looking for the same thing for my race red. have you looked at the RTR wheels. i think they are what ima go with. they are 19x9.5 and i think american muscle is where i saw them the cheapest. bad thing is ive seen them for like 300 a wheel. lol

2011 GT premium, race red, 3.55 gear with 6spd MT
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake-N-Bake View Post
i have been looking for the same thing for my race red. have you looked at the RTR wheels. i think they are what ima go with. they are 19x9.5 and i think american muscle is where i saw them the cheapest. bad thing is ive seen them for like 300 a wheel. lol
American Muscle sells the TSW nurburgring which is nearly the same wheel but they aren't nearly as concave as the RTR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page