'11 Successful First Service and other thoughts - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs up '11 Successful First Service and other thoughts

So to begin, I added about 3/4 qt of oil at 4500 miles which brought the oil level up to just below the top mark on the stick. At 6200 miles, it hadn't noticeably gone down any.

I turned 6k in May, and got to thinking that even though my oil life indicator still said 60%, I didn't want to go much longer. This past Saturday, with a lot of reluctance about letting someone else put their hands on my car, I took it in to Friendly Ford in Roselle, IL.

Overall, it was a good experience. The tech seemed to take his time checking everything out. Before I turned over the key, I was sure to remind them that the car needs more than 5qts of oil, and they knew exactly what I was talking about.

The best part is, no strange noises cropping up post-oil change. With some of the posts here about it, I was seriously concerned about how things were going to turn out.

So, with 6200 miles on my car, I can't say I've had any major issues, and only one minor (passenger door panel had a rattle... fixed and reported in another thread). MT82 is great, no shifting complaints, no suspension creaks, no weird engine noise, no other interior rattles, no loose pieces...

After washing it on Saturday, I noticed I have a small rock chip on the front lip of the hood, two small chips on the bottom of the driver side a-pillar, and a couple of rock dents on the wheels. Sucks, but I am regularly driving in heavy traffic at 55-75mph, and I don't think any of that is really avoidable.

All-in-all, still loving the car!

2011 Brembo GT Black/Brick 3.73
1995 Miata M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011
PONY Member

I get my first two oil changes for free at my dealership but I'm scared from all the horror stories. Nice to read that someone had no issues after one.

2012 GT Black Premium 6MT, 20" Black Foose Nitrous Staggered.

MODS: Airaid CAI, 93 BAMA Performance Tune, Roush Axle-Backs, GT500 Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Extra Chrome Trim, 3rd Brake Light Decal, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge w/ Roush Vent Pod, Valetine 1.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011
Apprentice

That's really good to hear. I was thinking of taking mine in to my local Ford dealership to get an oil change soon. When i bought my car the Ford dealership comp'd my first oil change so I figured why not go there. But for future reference how much did they charge?

2011 5.0: Manual, GT500 mufflers, resonator delete, Borla X Pipe, Roush Springs & Struts, Eibach ProKit Springs, Steeda CAI, Brenspeed tune, Roush Grille, C/S front fascia, Tinted Windows, Smoked Tail Lights, Boss Steering wheel, 20" Forgestar F14 Piano Black, 315 Nitto Invo Tires.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011
GT Member

god you guys make it sound like it is the minority to not have any issues. just because forums are flooded with people whining and hypochondriacs does not mean it is representative of the silent majority who do not come to post because they don't have a problem

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cababah View Post
god you guys make it sound like it is the minority to not have any issues. just because forums are flooded with people whining and hypochondriacs does not mean it is representative of the silent majority who do not come to post because they don't have a problem
Well, you're right, it isn't representative of the silent majority, however perception can still play havoc with the minds of even the most intelligent individuals, and I'm not that bright. At the same time, it doesn't matter what car I've had, I've always dreaded that first major issue. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. Living in the snow-belt, I don't get a lot of good weather months to enjoy, and I'd rather not have her cooped up at a dealer for days or weeks trying to figure out why something is wrong.

2011 Brembo GT Black/Brick 3.73
1995 Miata M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page