My Experience with TSB for Rough Shifting Transmission - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

My Experience with TSB for Rough Shifting Transmission

So I took my car into the dealership for her first oil change, tire rotation, state inspection, and to have the TSB put into the transmission. My 1st - 2nd shifting would put tough during cold weather or a cold engine. Even sometimes I would have to force it into 2nd. Today driving home from the dealership with the TSB each gear shifting is smooth as butter. I can't believe it...WOW!

'66 Coupe 200 cu in | Candy Apple Red | Black Interior | Rally lights | A/C

'12 VW GTI 4 dr | DSG | Neuspeed P-flo intake | pushing 225 whp

SOLD '11 GT Prem Kona Blue | Saddle | Sec Pkg | Brembos | had many mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011
PONY Member

State inspection already? We get 2 year stickers on new cars in Texas.

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011
PONY Member

I guess it depends how long you wait to get the fluid done. I developed a grind in Oct. 2010, the fluid wasn't available (I think if I'm not mistaken) until march. I think I done enough damage that even now, with the new fluid and warm temp, I get occasional grind and rough shifting.

2011 Black Mustang GT 5.0 Brick-Red
6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Mine has been smooth as butter also since the fluid change which I had done at 4500 miles along with first oil change.

November 2010 delivery and all this was done last month.

And our state quit doing inspections a long time ago thank goodness.

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011
PONY Member

I had the fluid done in March. It was still pretty cold outside and made the shifts easier but far rougher. The NVH through the knob was terrible and the grinding continued. Now that the weather is hot, I only have issues for the first few miles of driving so I take it really easy and shift pretty slowly. I'll take it over what it was like during the winter months.

Mods don't matter.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yes state inspections are done here every year. I just hit over 5000 miles today and it had 6 miles on it when I picked her up special ordered on 6/25/10. My baby is almost 1 year old .

'66 Coupe 200 cu in | Candy Apple Red | Black Interior | Rally lights | A/C

'12 VW GTI 4 dr | DSG | Neuspeed P-flo intake | pushing 225 whp

SOLD '11 GT Prem Kona Blue | Saddle | Sec Pkg | Brembos | had many mods
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK 5.0 View Post
State inspection already? We get 2 year stickers on new cars in Texas.
only 12.50 up here in the country in Texas. All it should be in houston and dallas for first 5 years of a new car. Like a two year old car is going to have lots of emisson issues. Texas = Taxes

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page