2011 Mustang GT window problem - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 Mustang GT window problem

Hey everybody, just bought a brand new 2011 brembo 3.73 black mustang gt and I love it!!!!! But my driver side window when trying to go down, it inches down. When going up it is fine. Anybody have the same problem?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011
PONY Member

What do you mean inches down? The switch has two position for each direction. Move switch a little and it goes down until you let off the switch, push switch all the way down and it goes down all the way even after letting go of the switch. Same for going up. Hope this helps.

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

I try to put the window down and it only goes down an inch at a time. i have to push the window button about 25 times to get the window down fully. Going up is fine though

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011
Grimace427

With the door closed press and hold the switch all the way down until the window gets to the bottom. With the window all the way down continue holding the switch for another few seconds. Then press and hold the switch until the window is all the way up and continue holding again for a few seconds.

This is called renormalization for auto windows. Usually required after disconnecting the battery.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

I tried that already but ill try it again. Thanks. Might have to take it in for service
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011
GT Member

sounds like an issue for your stealership to look into

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfish33 View Post
Hey everybody, just bought a brand new 2011 brembo 3.73 black mustang gt and I love it!!!!! But my driver side window when trying to go down, it inches down. When going up it is fine. Anybody have the same problem?
Hello malfish33,

I agree with you having to bring your vehicle in to your dealership and get this diagnosed. If you need further assistance, please message me with your contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealer so that I can help.

Deysha
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2011 Mustang GT Window Problem

I have also recently purchase a new 2011 Mustang GT, twice now my windows have stopped working. I have video this time to show the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page