2012 Mustang GT Ford Racing Performance Tune - Worth it? - Page 12 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I think the procal looks good in the dyno, not sure what you see. It make more down low tq than both tunes and makes the same power at the end as stock? Dyno's are not perfect so a few pony at the end will not make a difference. THe bama does look like the better overall choice and the af does not peak as high as the procal which is where people may be hearing the ping. I don't have any tune as of yet I just posted the dyno cause it looked intresting.

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 California Special
Convertible Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR-15 HBAR View Post
I've got nearly 21,000 on the car. I installed the ProCal tune right after my first oil change at 5000 miles. It ran great and I never heard anything (but wasn't really listening) until summer came and it was above 80 at all times. Then it quickly got worse until I couldn't even use it.

I took it off after I experienced real, slow the car down, scare the crap out of you, make the motor run funny for a while afterward, DETONATION...with octane adjust set to Y. I was also having an issue with it idling fast when coming to a stop and just running way too lean in general.

I didn't run it again after that until it was really cold outside, and it did a little better, but not enough to leave it on there, so I took it back off until about 6 weeks ago. I'd say I've only got 5k at the most on the ProCal.
Ok now this is scary! There's no way I would have put it back on. Its been very strong for me so far. I'm anxious to see what the 100 degree Texas heat will bring. I'll probably take it off during July-Sept to be safe. Those type of temps will damage any engine, regardless of make.

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
Banned

Bringing up another old post.... Seems like this one was just abandoned, like most of the posts on here. Really good info and back and forth information with no conclusion...just no one apparently came back to it. I've seen this in a lot of posts here, but when it comes to what cold air intake is better there are literally hundreds of them and about 50 pages attached.. any new information on this ping issue or a fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page