2012 Mustang GT Ford Racing Performance Tune - Worth it? - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

The tech still hasn't replied back from this morning's email. He's intentionally blowing me off. I know I'm just one customer, but this is my last Ford Racing Product. They don't stand behind their products.

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member

I think its only fair to let any company have more than a few hours to respond to your e-mail requests. I would give them more time, like until tuesday.

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 California Special
Convertible Auto
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
I think its only fair to let any company have more than a few hours to respond to your e-mail requests. I would give them more time, like until tuesday.
Nahhhh bro, this is a follow up email to a follow up email. My initial call and email was on Monday. Second follow up was on Wednesday. This is the third follow up. I'm determined not to let this fall through the cracks.

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'm gonna run this car the way it is til 36k, so if I blow up we will see if they stand behind their warranty.......it's getting traded in right at 36,001 miles.

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenfish39 View Post
I'm gonna run this car the way it is til 36k, so if I blow up we will see if they stand behind their warranty.......it's getting traded in right at 36,001 miles.

I I was just telling my buddy the same thing. The next gen stangs will be out and we should have equity in these bad boys

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
I I was just telling my buddy the same thing. The next gen stangs will be out and we should have equity in these bad boys
Hopefully they aren't ugly and have forged internals like the Boss.
I was tired worrying about my Mazdaspeed blowing up so I got the Mustang, now I worry about it just as much with this car. I still love this friggin car though even with it's issues.

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
PONY Member

Quote:
I was tired worrying about my Mazdaspeed blowing up so I got the Mustang, now I worry about it just as much with this car. I still love this friggin car though even with it's issues.

I just took a little work break and called the warranty department to get my warranty squared away. I mentioned the ping to them too. You better believe this thing will be registered. I waited because I was thinking about reverting back to stock. The handheld will be with me at all times so I can revert the octane back to Y on road trips. You never know what type of gas you will get. People who sell their handhelds back are flat out crazy.

GT Member

Quote:
LOL!!
That's why I got rid of Speed 3! I had that thing fully bolted and felt nervous every time I stepped on it. Fun car though.
I feel pretty good about the FRPP tune and their 3/36 warranty. My dealer is being very friendly about this tune, even saying it won't effect my 5/60k powertrain warranty. I rarely keep my cars longer than 3/36 anyway.
I just ordered a second Procal for my latest Brembo Stang...

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Mustang GT|GT500 AB |FRPP Tune|6A
2010 Rav4 V6 | 07 Mazdaspeed3| 04 SRT4| 99 GSXR 750
2012 Camaro SS L99 Gone and forgotten
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0ben View Post
LOL!!
That's why I got rid of Speed 3! I had that thing fully bolted and felt nervous every time I stepped on it. Fun car though.
I feel pretty good about the FRPP tune and their 3/36 warranty. My dealer is being very friendly about this tune, even saying it won't effect my 5/60k powertrain warranty. I rarely keep my cars longer than 3/36 anyway.
I just ordered a second Procal for my latest Brembo Stang...
My dealer is cool with the Ford tune as well, but we will see if something actually happens.

I had KR monitoring all the time on my Accessport. It was scary looking at it in the summer when I was in traffic.....

PONY Member

Has anyone actually inserted the SD card into a computer to see what's actually stored on it. I inserted it into my PC running Windows 7 and it showed that nothing was on it. Very weird. I'm wondering if Windows 7 just didn't see the files, but it showed that it had 483mb of free space, which was pretty much what an empty 512 mb card should show.

Apprentice

Quote:
Has anyone actually inserted the SD card into a computer to see what's actually stored on it. I inserted it into my PC running Windows 7 and it showed that nothing was on it. Very weird. I'm wondering if Windows 7 just didn't see the files, but it showed that it had 483mb of free space, which was pretty much what an empty 512 mb card should show.
I have, same results. I tried reading it with Windows 7, Mac, and Ubuntu Linux. Still couldn't access any files, but noticed it was recognized as MS-DOS.

2011 GT Coupe Premium / MT82 / 3.31 / Brembo
Red Candy Metallic / Charcoal Black / 400A
Comfort / Security / HID Headlamps
FRPP M-FR1-MGTB Power Upgrade Package
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Yeah that's sad, by now Ford Racing still hasn't resolved the ping issue?
If they didn't have this problem I would have went for it, but this really holds me off.

When did you get yours?
October last year.

2012 blk/blk gt premium, 400a, brembos, comfort, reverse/security, 3.73's...

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.
GT Member

Quote:
Do you know why the card shows nothing... Because it loads the file infromation to the Procal then deletes the flash card...

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
Do you know why the card shows nothing... Because it loads the file infromation to the Procal then deletes the flash card...
My guess is that there's some type of encryption, which is why MS-DOS can see it. Can you imagine if this file got into the hand of SCT, BAMA, AED, etc...:hihi:. I just wanted to back up the files just in case the card got damaged or corrupted. Very smart by Ford

On a side note, the Ford Racing Tech followed up this morning asking for my VIN. Maybe they are looking into something and maybe 2012 automatics can be made not to run as lean. Who knows? I actually registered for my warranty as well.

Apprentice

Regardless of ping I'm anxiously awaiting to feel that new torque. I just orded my new tuner and I get it March 1st. I'm going to have them put in my MTG then also. Should be a good day for the pony.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page