Joe Heck Racing Stainless Braided Clutch Line - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakane View Post
Definitly not as bad as some say and worth every bit... I.prefer some noise than missing god damn 3rd when I'm already winning or playing catch....
So I have yet to install the line and mounts . Did you install or have a shop do it ? I plan on getting to it this weekend and hope to do it all in a afternoon as it looks pretty straight forward. Did you change trans fluid too or still running the stock QS fluid? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

2011 GT Loaded (Brembo 3.73) Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmoe View Post
So I have yet to install the line and mounts . Did you install or have a shop do it ? I plan on getting to it this weekend and hope to do it all in a afternoon as it looks pretty straight forward. Did you change trans fluid too or still running the stock QS fluid? Thx

Stock fluid. I.had the shop do it cuz they were already doing work on the car.

MiNiSt3R of SiNisT3r
tuned by Ken Bjonnes. and exhaust,...
and procharged by "Power By the Hour"
566 [email protected] and 8 pounds
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakane View Post
I cannot stress enough how different everything felt... my 3rd was been torqued to the right when shifting high.... so I did the.motor mounts + Shifter + Shifter mount + clutch line.... and even after installing the procharger.... The car is STILL shifting. tONS better than before the Joe heck stiff was in... night and day people.... night and day!!!
Which motor mounts did you go with?

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
Which motor mounts did you go with?
These are from JHR.

JHR HARDCORE BILLET ADJUSTABLE MUSTANG MOTOR MOUNT KIT 2005-2011 - JOE HECK RACING INC
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I had a dog and his name was
Bingo!!

MiNiSt3R of SiNisT3r
tuned by Ken Bjonnes. and exhaust,...
and procharged by "Power By the Hour"
566 [email protected] and 8 pounds
GT Member

Thanks.

I think I am going to hold off on the mounts, as the stock ones ARE new.. and shouldn't really be a huge issue; you want your motor to be able to move.

I picked up this clutch like, the shifter, and bracket; let the waiting begin.

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
Apprentice

Finally got the Line and Mounts in today have to swap fluid yet so I have not driven the car yet. The line was easy thought it is very tight getting the line off the transmission I ended up taking the 90 degree elbow off too so I could get the line in since I did not have a long enough pliers to grab the line. The clip in the elbow is just like the clip in the master cyl and does not stay in like the clutch end line connector so if you take off the elbow Be careful you done lose it. Then just make sure the elbow it lined up correctly so it slips in and can be reclipped. Just another option. Then 2 or 3 hundred pumps and the pedal feels normal again.

Grimace427

Quote:
Finally got the Line and Mounts in today have to swap fluid yet so I have not driven the car yet. The line was easy thought it is very tight getting the line off the transmission I ended up taking the 90 degree elbow off too so I could get the line in since I did not have a long enough pliers to grab the line. The clip in the elbow is just like the clip in the master cyl and does not stay in like the clutch end line connector so if you take off the elbow Be careful you done lose it. Then just make sure the elbow it lined up correctly so it slips in and can be reclipped. Just another option. Then 2 or 3 hundred pumps and the pedal feels normal again.

Awesome rodmoe! Be sure to add your thoughts and experiences once you get 'er on the road!

Just a heads up, after parking for a few hours you may need to bleed the clutch just a little bit more. Something I noticed but since my install I haven't had to bleed it again.
PONY Member

Just ordered this line, will see how it does.

I have a roll of thermo shield tubing that I will run the clutch line through as well, I didn't realize that the clutch line was so close to the exhaust in this car.

He actually shows how small the ID of the stock fitting is in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_5U1j-gXGc

I noticed if I double clutch the shift into first it always shifts better, hopefully this will make a difference.

2011 Mustang GT Premium 400A: Black/Black, Brembo Pack, Comfort Pack, 3.55s, 6 Speed MT, GT500/CS Rear diffuser & roost guards.
Apprentice

OK I posted this in a different thread also but ill post it here too.
Installed the Line with no problems the only thing i had to do a little different was take the elbow fitting off the at the transmission so i could get it all back together as i did not have the correct tools and the space is limited working under the car.
The clip on the elbow is like the clip on the master cyl in that if falls out not like the clip on the end of the line at the transmission. So be careful you dont loose it.
Once the line was swapped it took about 100 to 150 pumps to bring the pedal back to normal and again after the car sat a day/overnight i had to pump it 20 times to bring it back to full stroke. (it has been great since)
The clutch now feels like it acts quicker and allows me to start shifting (moving the shifter lever) sooner without getting that little nibble i used to get going into 2nd too quickly. It does allow you to let the clutch out in a way that it takes up all the drive line slop very quickly so keep this in mind as it did make some normal car sounds when i did this but it seemed a lil harsh on the drive line.
This Line WORKS at least for me I love the faster action and feel from the pedal .
Well made and easy to install and Does what it is suppose to do and won't break the bank..
Thanks for the effort Adam !!

PONY Member

Quote:
OK I posted this in a different thread also but ill post it here too.
Installed the Line with no problems the only thing i had to do a little different was take the elbow fitting off the at the transmission so i could get it all back together as i did not have the correct tools and the space is limited working under the car.
The clip on the elbow is like the clip on the master cyl in that if falls out not like the clip on the end of the line at the transmission. So be careful you dont loose it.
Once the line was swapped it took about 100 to 150 pumps to bring the pedal back to normal and again after the car sat a day/overnight i had to pump it 20 times to bring it back to full stroke. (it has been great since)
The clutch now feels like it acts quicker and allows me to start shifting (moving the shifter lever) sooner without getting that little nibble i used to get going into 2nd too quickly. It does allow you to let the clutch out in a way that it takes up all the drive line slop very quickly so keep this in mind as it did make some normal car sounds when i did this but it seemed a lil harsh on the drive line.
This Line WORKS at least for me I love the faster action and feel from the pedal .
Well made and easy to install and Does what it is suppose to do and won't break the bank..
Thanks for the effort Adam !!
I have to be honest, I had to re-read your post a few times to understand what you were trying to say.

To sum it up you are stating the line made a very noticeable positive shifting action improvement; but does induce some extra driveline noise since the clutch disengages more aggressively? If this is the case, this may be why ford restricted the line purposely (to reduce noise).

You are saying that the master cylinder line clip stays in place, while the transmission fitting clip can fall out?

2011 Mustang GT Premium 400A: Black/Black, Brembo Pack, Comfort Pack, 3.55s, 6 Speed MT, GT500/CS Rear diffuser & roost guards.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSector View Post
I have to be honest, I had to re-read your post a few times to understand what you were trying to say.

To sum it up you are stating the line made a very noticeable positive shifting action improvement; but does induce some extra driveline noise since the clutch disengages more aggressively? If this is the case, this may be why ford restricted the line purposely (to reduce noise).

You are saying that the master cylinder line clip stays in place, while the transmission fitting clip can fall out?
This line is not going to add noise.....

Where would you come up with that one?!?! It is still the very same clutch that engages/disengages the same way; just more fluid is being given in hopes to disengage it further than it does. Well at least that is my understanding??

Grimace427

Quote:

What I can tell you from my experience is that any restriction Ford put in the stock clutch line does not do much for noise as I don't hear any difference. What I do notice however, is a much more precise and positive improvement in clutch feel. The movement of the pedal is much more fluid and it is way easier to feel the clutch engagement point.

As far as the clips go, the one on the master cylinder is tiny and should be carefully removed and stored(preferably in a magnetic tray). The clip on the trans itself is a fair bit larger and tighter fitting. I had no issues leaving that one attached to the fitting elbow while replacing the line.
Apprentice

Quote:

IF you side step the clutch you will get a harsher engagement as was posted by someone someplace i cant recall hence my reference to noise.(aka taking up driveline lash or slack) and i think you are right in thinking why the restriction is there. is it a bad thing not having it ? I think not as long as you are aware of it you should be fine.

Yes for me this line makes shifting much better as i tend to start to move the shift lever before i have the clutch pedal to the floor completely (my thinking is it flow more fluid sooner and disengages the clutch sooner in the pedal stroke)
BUT for the line making noise NO it did not make any noise just the slack in the driveline. (maybe it is just my driving style)

As for the line clips the one one the master cyl can be taken completely out as well as the one holding the elbow in place on the bellhousing. however where the line mates with the elbow on the bellhousing that clip is of a different style and will not fall out. but i could not get my meaty hands in that small space to hook the line and the elbow back together so that is why i took the elbow off also. i should mention the elbow must be aligned such that the tab fits in the slot on the bottom of the elbow so it fits together flush and you can get the clip back in thus holding the line in a vertical position. If you take it apart it should be very easy to see what i mean.
If i had had a extra long bent nose needle nose pliers i could have grabbed the line and slid it into the elbow without removing the elbow off the bellhousing.
Hope this makes helps.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
This line is not going to add noise.....

Where would you come up with that one?!?! It is still the very same clutch that engages/disengages the same way; just more fluid is being given in hopes to disengage it further than it does. Well at least that is my understanding??
If it manipulates the clutch more aggressively its possible to hear this.

If you quickly stomp the clutch pedal to the floor you can hear it let go vs. pushing it in smoothly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page