Joe Heck Racing Stainless Braided Clutch Line - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
My pleasure, glad to help!

This is the how-to-install a clutch line thread, check page 1.
Yeah my bad. After I posted that I went back and re-read that. Sorry.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD View Post
Yeah my bad. After I posted that I went back and re-read that. Sorry.
Haha no biggie! After reading the recent comments I went ahead and just finished re-reading the entire thread. Unlike all of the other B.S. trans threads this one has miraculously stayed on topic!

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Haha no biggie! After reading the recent comments I went ahead and just finished re-reading the entire thread. Unlike all of the other B.S. trans threads this one has miraculously stayed on topic!
No kidding. I think that's how I overlooked your posts, I kept waiting for a troll/basher to take over. Thanks for all your advice and help on all these threads. I trust you more than most, since you are a mechanic.

GT Member

great write up grimace! think Ill be doing this in the spring

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
PONY Member

I did this today.

It is a great mod, and great write up from Grimace. I also completely removed the elbow from the bellhousing as I could not get my hand up there to get the line in.

One precaution. Do not, and I mean DO NOTlose or drop the clips. The clip on the top line shot out and fell right into the hole below it. I figured it looked generic and I could get one locally. I called a friend for a ride and went to every auto parts and home improvement store in town. It is not generic. I finally pulled the fender liner off and found it. After that, it was smooth sailing.

This is a very worthwhile mod, especially if you have experienced soft pedal, low grab or high rpm induced strangeness.

Mike

2012 Mustang GT M6, tuned by AED. 11.79 @ 116.26 with 3.31 gears.

<------------ Click Under New Orleans for my YouTube videos. Tons of exhaust and drag racing vids with my 2012 GT.
Grimace427

Hey Mike, can't wait to hear your impressions once you get to the track! I'm still waiting for my first 2012 trackday to hopefully crack 11's!

If you can try to get some in-car footage as well(unless you already do, YouTube don't work here at work).
Apprentice

Anyone have issues with it leaking? I do... Tomorrow I guess I have to take it off and tighten the fittings. May put some Teflon on them too.

2012 GT Base: 3.31, 6m, J&M LCA, JHR shifter bracket and clutch line, Hushpower Cat Back, OEM Leather seat covers, JLT CAI, Bama Tune, Barton shifter.
GT Member

seems like alot of work for a minor improvement!!!

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona stang10 View Post
seems like alot of work for a minor improvement!!!

Not a lot of work, major improvement. Have you driven a car with the JHR line?
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I cant believe I just finally read this thread... great write up Grimace, after reading that Im sure just about anyone could install this product. I will start looking into it myself, Thanks!

2012 GT 6MT 3.73 - JLT - Borla - Axel Exchange - BMR - BAMA93H - Accufab - Steeda
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Grimace, I just did the install today. I wanted to say thanks for the great writeup. I would definitely recommend pulling off the entire 90 degree fitting at the transmission (as you said in another thread, I think). It is much easier to put that thing on the new line and then install the fitting back on the tranny.

As a novice, about 200 clutch pumps in I realized I wasn't really pumping the clutch. I was just letting the thing drop to the floor with light pressure. The actual pumping comes in with that last 1/2 inch of travel. Well, now I know, and at least I didn't spend much effort on those initial pseudo pumps. I guess I'll add amateur mechanic along with my amateur gynecologist status.

I'm holding off on my MGW install for a few days so I can get some impressions of the new line by itself.

2013 GT Premium. Deep Impact Blue / Charcoal 400A Recaro / Track Pack / Nav / Glass Roof / Reverse sensing / Backup Camera
VIN: 10 March 2012 / Window Sticker: 28 March 2012 / Build Date: 2 April 2012 / Picked Up: 19 April 2012
Mods: MSVTLA SVT Sport Axlebacks / MGW Shifter / JHR Clutch Line / Boss Shift Knob / GT500 Shift Boot / Better Speakers / Lots of Dynamat and Dynaliner / Rear: Koni Yellows, 55D Springs, BMR Panhard Bar / Front: Awaiting Spousal Approval
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzaro View Post
Grimace, I just did the install today. I wanted to say thanks for the great writeup. I would definitely recommend pulling off the entire 90 degree fitting at the transmission (as you said in another thread, I think). It is much easier to put that thing on the new line and then install the fitting back on the tranny.

As a novice, about 200 clutch pumps in I realized I wasn't really pumping the clutch. I was just letting the thing drop to the floor with light pressure. The actual pumping comes in with that last 1/2 inch of travel. Well, now I know, and at least I didn't spend much effort on those initial pseudo pumps. I guess I'll add amateur mechanic along with my amateur gynecologist status.

I'm holding off on my MGW install for a few days so I can get some impressions of the new line by itself.
Awesome Bizzaro! The improvements are subtle but well worth the cost and effort.

Quote:
I guess I'll add amateur mechanic along with my amateur gynecologist status.

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I would definitely recommend pulling off the entire 90 degree fitting at the transmission (as you said in another thread, I think). It is much easier to put that thing on the new line and then install the fitting back on the transmission.
The side to the tranny is also using a clip ?

why is it easier to remove from that end ?

2013 Sterling Grey GT/CS Convertible with Electronic package
Ordered 8/16/2012 / Built: 10/11/2012 / Delivered: 10/31/2012

Pervious ride:
Supercharged 2005 V6 Convertible Mineral Grey, 320 RWHP X-Charger Xtreme 2.6 #150 with 3.73 8.8" rear, Dual exhaust, MGW Shifter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dineau View Post
The side to the tranny is also using a clip ?

why is it easier to remove from that end ?
It is just easier to get at the clip on the transmission side of the 90 degree fitting than the hose side of the fitting. I would pull off the whole 90 degree fitting, pull the hose off the fitting, put the new hose on the fitting (after it has been threaded down to the tranny), and then put the 90 degree fitting back on the transmission.

You can do it the other way, but it is pretty tight to get it hooked up.

2013 GT Premium. Deep Impact Blue / Charcoal 400A Recaro / Track Pack / Nav / Glass Roof / Reverse sensing / Backup Camera
VIN: 10 March 2012 / Window Sticker: 28 March 2012 / Build Date: 2 April 2012 / Picked Up: 19 April 2012
Mods: MSVTLA SVT Sport Axlebacks / MGW Shifter / JHR Clutch Line / Boss Shift Knob / GT500 Shift Boot / Better Speakers / Lots of Dynamat and Dynaliner / Rear: Koni Yellows, 55D Springs, BMR Panhard Bar / Front: Awaiting Spousal Approval
Grimace427

/\ I agree, wish I could edit the original write-up. The 90 degree elbow is large enough to get your whole hand on and the clip is larger as well, making it easier to manipulate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page