Joe Heck Racing Stainless Braided Clutch Line - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

May I ask if this clutch line is one of the best choices available for our cars?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

The Joe Heck Racing Clutch line is the only aftermarket clutch line that I know of. They have a video that shows the difference with the OEM. I say just do it, take your time, and don't lose the clips.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
The Joe Heck Racing Clutch line is the only aftermarket clutch line that I know of. They have a video that shows the difference with the OEM. I say just do it, take your time, and don't lose the clips.
Thanks for your input PMDmustang but I found a couple of other brands online.
But wasn't sure which is the best to go with

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioGT View Post
May I ask if this clutch line is one of the best choices available for our cars?
I believe it is THE best choice for our vehicles. Not sure if the others are high volume, but I KNOW the JHR line is.

Steve
2013 Race Red GT MT82
MGW Shifter, Whiteline LCA's, Lowering Brackets, Panhard Bar and Brace, UPR Double Adjustable UCA and Bracket, Eibach Sportlines, Koni Yellows, Ground Control Caster/Camber Plates, MBRP Race Cat-Back Exhaust, Roush Front Spoiler, JLT CAI and Oil Seperator, Bama V2 Tune, Joe Heck Racing Braided Clutch Line, T/A Performance Rear Bearing Cap Studs and Differential Cover, USA Alloy Rear Axles, PowerStop Brakes.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBigDog View Post
I believe it is THE best choice for our vehicles. Not sure if the others are high volume, but I KNOW the JHR line is.
Thanks
GT Member

I hear lots of good things about the JHR line, JPC also offers a nice one, as well the SR line offered by American Muscle, but I'm impatient, so I ordered the line offered by McLeod that AM also sells, because l like getting my parts the next day. I installed it yesterday, the McLeod is real nice quality, but I'd say they're all pretty much the same, with the only difference really being the fittings, the lines are most likely all sourced from the same vendor

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
I hear lots of good things about the JHR line, JPC also offers a nice one, as well the SR line offered by American Muscle, but I'm impatient, so I ordered the line offered by McLeod that AM also sells, because l like getting my parts the next day. I installed it yesterday, the McLeod is real nice quality, but I'd say they're all pretty much the same, with the only difference really being the fittings, the lines are most likely all sourced from the same vendor
Cheers Scott. That what I thought so too. Guess I'll go with either if none convinced me to get any particular one :P
BlackBruceLee

Guys, during the installation I lost one of the retainer clips where you disconnect the hose... I LOOKED EVERYWHERE for one similar even FORD themselves didn't sale the clip seperately..DO you guys know where I can get another clip? Ford had me order the whole clutch line to master cylinder not even knowing if the clips come with it.. I just had the worst day ever with this install, but it's totally my fault I understand...
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I would look at Graingers/McMaster-Carr or MSC (supply houses) in the meantime mayhap you can fab obe out of thin bailing wire or paperclip. good luck.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
BlackBruceLee

Thanks, man. I did some serious extensive research and I think I found the clip... Because our transmissions are using those GETRAGS which are basically what part Japanese and or German designs I did some looking under volkswagen, bmw and audi and found what I think is our clips. http://skoda.afora.ru/images/Tnrpics/7M0721431.jpg
SHELBY GT 350 Member

buy 10 of them, sell them for $20 each whenever someone else does the same.....

If they are the same ones post a link where you got them to help the next person.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
BlackBruceLee

Lmao, Dude I was totally thinking about doing that... Yeah I purchased 4 though just incase the install is difficult again. I'll let you guys know after the install though where I picked them up.
GT Member

I made a perfect replica out of a paper clip when I lost one

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
Rookie

Just looking for install tips reaching that clip up by the transmission .... gonna get me a set of those pliars or maybe make a notched holder that'll grip the line in a grooved area maybe .... but wanted to say this thread has been enlightening.

I'll kick in my results after I do the install ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page