Thanks for all the helpful tips. I'm with the In-Vehicle Technology Team. I can assist with SYNC/Navigation related questions!
I have a 3rd gen new iPod and sometimes SYNC will not pick up the USB port. I know the cord and the port are still good because when i plug the ipod in it starts to charge but t hen i push the voice button on the steering wheel and say USB and i get no USB device detected.. This happens on and off. It did it to me on my way to lunch, but would never pick itself up. Then i got in my car after a lunch break and the car synced itself right up. Any ideas? I have used the SYNC My iTunes program Ford recommends. I have used brand new USB cords, This is a less than 2 month old iPod. My old beat up iPod never gave me any issues in regards to not Syncing with the USB port.
I'd recommend a Master Reset. This should help with the iPod being recognized.
Note: To scroll, press SEEK or the Up/Down arrows.
1. Press the Phone Button to enter the PHONE MENU.
2. Scroll repeatedly until SYSTEM SETTINGS appears in the radio display.
3. Press OK to enter the SYSTEM SETTINGS MENU.
4. Scroll repeatedly until ADVANCED appears in the radio display. Press OK.
5. Scroll repeatedly until MASTER RESET appears in the radio display. Press OK.
6. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset.
7. Press OK to confirm.
1. Press the PHONE button on the radio.
2. Press the SETTINGS button.
3. Press the ADVANCED button.
4. Press the DOWN ARROW to pull up more options
5. Press the MASTER RESET button
You might benefit from a Master Reset as well.
Which type of iPod do you have?
Looking forward to hearing from you.