BOSS Gauge Pack - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
Classic Member

Boss oil pan info needed

It would seem that you could purchase the Boss oil pan for around a hundred and it might be cheaper then going the custom fittings for the standard GT pan. Can anyone confirm that the Boss oil pan is a plug and play? If it is, I can't see any down side to the Boss pan if it has the connections for the oil pressure and oil temp already installed. There would be another gallon of oil but that is not a downside except for minor cost of oil.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
Classic Member

Chiz65

Looking back over this thread, where did they tap into for the fuel pressure? From what you said and looking under the hood, it could be a real pain. Great look for the instruments....Looking for a shop for mine and trying to get all the details.

GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Chuck View Post
Looking back over this thread, where did they tap into for the fuel pressure? From what you said and looking under the hood, it could be a real pain. Great look for the instruments....Looking for a shop for mine and trying to get all the details.
They had to buy an adapter for the fuel rail-line. The more dangerous alternative was to drill straight into the line itself. That sounded sketchy, so I sprang for the part. It was like $40 or something. Not exactly sure where they hooked it up. They just told me it would be safer, smarter, and easier to get this adapter. So, I just told them to buy the part they needed and to make it work. lol

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
Nice ride CHEZ I put my car into a show this past weekend and had tons of chat about the gauges..No one has them,exceot me.. lol--It sure looks well and I am sure more guys will get them,,I see the entire item has come down in price now,,But, there is still installation that will cost some Bucks.. Again--GOOD going man, Here is my set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car pictures of mods etc 003.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	489.1 KB
ID:	134475   Click image for larger version

Name:	car pictures of mods etc 012.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	757.0 KB
ID:	134476   Click image for larger version

Name:	car pictures of mods etc 011.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	789.4 KB
ID:	134477   Click image for larger version

Name:	car pictures of mods etc 002.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	483.3 KB
ID:	134478  

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
PONY Member

There's plenty of room provided you don't have the Boss 302 oil cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed50 View Post
They already have one out. Glowshift.com Order the one for 99-04 4.6--Its what I have on my 5.0 right now for my oil pressure gauge. Works just fine. No modifications to make it work. Just screw it on then screw the oil filter on. Plenty of room.

2014 GT500
PONY Member
Classic Member

Using the Glowshift adapter, is there any way to mount an oil temp sensor? If so, that might be an option but want the oil temp as well as oil pressure.
PONY Member
Classic Member

In my last post, I forgot to ask: It appears the the Boss instrument pack will only handle the 180 sweep instruments. Can anyone confirm this.
PONY Member

Quote:
Using the Glowshift adapter, is there any way to mount an oil temp sensor? If so, that might be an option but want the oil temp as well as oil pressure.
On the Glowshift adapter there is 4 ports to hook into. I used 1 for the oil pressure and plugged the rest with the provided threaded plugs. Very nice piece.

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Very nice Drifter.

Chuck, consider that confirmed. I originally wanted my full sweep gauges in the BOSS pod, but was told that they were too long. They didn't fit deep enough into the pod and would stick out the front.

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue
PONY Member
Classic Member

ChiZ

Thanks. That is what I thought. I guess I will do what you did and do the the 180. Hopefully, I can get an oil temp in the racing 180. If not then it is an A pillar pod as well...
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed50 View Post
On the Glowshift adapter there is 4 ports to hook into. I used 1 for the oil pressure and plugged the rest with the provided threaded plugs. Very nice piece.
Nice tip RaceRed! I've been holding off on getting mine installed due to this very issue and your post saved me! Any chance you added a water temp gauge as well?
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Hooking up the fuel line or NOS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiZ_65 View Post
They had to buy an adapter for the fuel rail-line. The more dangerous alternative was to drill straight into the line itself. That sounded sketchy, so I sprang for the part. It was like $40 or something. Not exactly sure where they hooked it up. They just told me it would be safer, smarter, and easier to get this adapter. So, I just told them to buy the part they needed and to make it work. lol
After some trial and error, I came across this special fitting that installs in a snap. The flex fuel line unhooks and this adapter goes between it and the hard fuel line. I did have to trim my plastic engine cover a bit since the fuel pressure sensor sticks out quite a bit. CFM Fuel Pressure Gauge / Nitrous Fuel Rail Adapter for 2011 Mustang GT & V6
Apprentice

I just ordered the boss gauge pod and 3 gauges (oi pressure, water temp, and voltage). For those of you that got it all installed at a shop, how much were you quoted? Is there anything that I can tell a shop that I am new to? I don't want there to be any surprises on either end Thanks!

-- A Tribute to Ridiculous Signatures -- 2011 Mustang GT -- Performance White -- Charcoal Black Leather -- Borla S-Type Exhaust -- FRPP Boss Gauge Pod -- Boss Steering Wheel -- V6PP 19" Rims -- Sh!t Ton of Wheel Locks -- Viper Paging Alarm -- Baseball Bat -- GT500 Splash Guards -- :hihi:
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Here's a pic showing the needed cut.

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Man I've been dreaming of this for a while..

2011 Black Mustang 5.0
2.9 L. Whipple Crusher - ARH Longtubes w/Offroad H-Pipe - Exedy Mach 500 clutch w/Fidanza Alminum Flywheel - Kooks catback - Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts - Steeda Sport Springs - JLT Catchcan - Barton Shifter and Bracket - Roush Billet Grille and Spoiler - CS Front Fascia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page