BOSS Gauge Pack - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
idn't get a quote before the install because it was going to be a NEW thing for the garage--No one ever worked on a 5.0 before--I told them to just do it--SO it cost me $819--parts and labor--

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
Classic Member

Thanks for all the info. SpeedKing, thanks for the info on the CFM fuel monitor adapter. Not sure what is out there but this looks like an easy way to skin a cat. Wonder if there is anything that does not necessatate cutting the plastic cover.
ChiZ, did you have to have your cover cut as well?
Not sure if want to go with Glowshift. May just do the oil pan as I know it will hold up over the years..

GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Chuck View Post
ChiZ, did you have to have your cover cut as well?
Not sure if want to go with Glowshift. May just do the oil pan as I know it will hold up over the years..
Yeah, pretty sure they had to cut the cover to make it work. They said they had to do a lot of little things like that under the hood during the installs.

As far as price, my shop basically quoted me 1hr labor per gauge. I had 6 gauges...and 3 gauge pods. The gauge pods did NOT cost extra to install. I supplied all the parts...they did all the dirty work. At the end of the day, including the fuel-pressure adapter i had to buy during the install, i was out the door for around $500.

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue

PONY Member
Classic Member

Chiz

Thanks. Not a bad price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page