BOSS Gauge Pack - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

BOSS Gauge Pack

Did anyone get a hold of one of these yet?

I'm really interested in finding out what the installation involves. I think it is supposed to be available this month but most sites I've checked don't have it yet.

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I would get this it looks nice, do you have to put a hole in the dash though?

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 California Special
Convertible Auto
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
I would get this it looks nice, do you have to put a hole in the dash though?
I'm pretty sure you do in order to route the wiring harness through it. My buddy has a Laguna Seca and this thing looks awesome on top of the dash.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
Apprentice

I think it's about 400-ish just for the pod with no gauges. Too beaucoup! $$
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewrench View Post
I think it's about 400-ish just for the pod with no gauges. Too beaucoup! $$
The pod without the gauges can be had for less than $100. The whole gauge pack is over $1K.

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
Apprentice

you can probably get away with using double sided tape to affix it to the dash and then wrap the gauge wires in black tape and route it towards the windshield and down the defroster vent into the under dash area.

2011 GT
Race Red
Auto
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
Hey guys, I have the 3 gauge pod in my car--(Ican't load them here) Go too my profile and see--They are great--I have about $1000 invested in them--They lilte up red-white and blue when my lights come on--very neat !!

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
let me add this--I have about $1000 in these gauges and pod installed-- I used FRPP gauges and I got the pod from AM. Had a Pro shop install--Lots of problems with oil and water install- seems teh 5.0 don't have any place to put the sensors..Amp gauge, no problem

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Those do look very nice,but i think ill drop a grand on few other mods i am looking at,373s and Headers are next.if anyone gets them let us know how the install goes.
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I did the same as Drifter...looks and performs beautifully. A must have if you want to monitor everything. Of course, i did the pillar pod and vent pod as well. But that's because i don't care for the Aeroforce gauge and i prefer analog gauges.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gpod.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	571.3 KB
ID:	134121   Click image for larger version

Name:	gwide.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	661.6 KB
ID:	134122  

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue
PONY Member
Classic Member

Chiz, Drifter

How did you do the oil and water hook up? Did you use the Boss oil pan or did you put your own bungs in? Want to do the gauges but had other things come up lately.
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Chuck View Post
How did you do the oil and water hook up? Did you use the Boss oil pan or did you put your own bungs in? Want to do the gauges but had other things come up lately.
I had a Mustang performance shop do the work. They kept the stock oil pan, just tapped into it to do the Oil pressure and Oil temp. sensors...Fuel pressure is where it got tricky. Had to buy an adapter so that they wouldn't have to tap into the fuel rail lines. They said it was a lot tougher finding the right spots to tap into on the 5.0 than the 4.6. A lot of mini custom modifications needed to be done here and there to make it all work. In the end, I'm glad I didn't mess with it myself.

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue
PONY Member

I wonder if someone will come out with a sandwich plate to put in between the oil filter to be able to get oil temp and oil pressure without drilling into the oil pan. That's how they did it on my last platform (Mazdaspeed3).

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 401A, 6MT, Brembo, Comfort, Security, HIDs, Rear Camera
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Bama tune, Flowmaster Hushpower Axle-Backs, Ford Racing 4.10s, Barton Shifter & Bracket, JLT Oil Separator, BMR LCAs & Relocation Brackets, Steeda Adjustable UCA
13.31 @ 109.6 at 7,383' DA
PONY Member
Classic Member

Chiz

Thanks. I thought that would be the way you would go. If I could find a shop I trusted then I would do as you did as well. The boss oil pan would be the easiest but very spendy unless someone comes out with a cheaper edition. I will continue to look for someone I trust in my area.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
I wonder if someone will come out with a sandwich plate to put in between the oil filter to be able to get oil temp and oil pressure without drilling into the oil pan. That's how they did it on my last platform (Mazdaspeed3).
They already have one out. Glowshift.com Order the one for 99-04 4.6--Its what I have on my 5.0 right now for my oil pressure gauge. Works just fine. No modifications to make it work. Just screw it on then screw the oil filter on. Plenty of room.

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page