Near Future Roush Supercharger Owner! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

May the force be with you

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markthebarber View Post
Just pulled the trigger and booked my trip. Its about a 10hour drive from Jersey. Not so bad. Any ideas for while Im out there? I won't obviously have a car but Tim from Roush said he'd be willing to give me a ride back and forth from the and to the hotel. Is the boost gauge something that I should be getting installed. Is it necessary other then for cosmetic reason. I was told it is rarely every needed on such a problem free supercharger.

i am grew just a few miles from the roush facility - assuming its the one in livonia - with only 1 day in town i highly suggest you visit The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. its all things ford plus some cool historic recreations.

the boost gauge is something you could totally skip with a roush and you would only be missing out on cool factor.

enjoy your trip and your new found power.

2007 ROUSH M90 Supercharged Mustang GT
2011 Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Mustang GT
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I swapped out the stock clutch for a Mcleod RXT with aluminum fly wheel and it makes the M-82 shift like a dream the faster you go the easier it shifts and it puts the power down instantly after each shift.

The peddle effort is like stock but it does not like to be slipped and takes some getting use to.I've heard good things about the Ram clutches but I can personally vouch for the Mcleod.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)

Apprentice

Try it out with the stock arms first. I don't think you'll hop too bad.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to MustangStNick
I know what you mean about WAITING!

I should be done in about 2 weeks!

I will post up pictures and dyno results when completed! :hihi:

Lower control arms and Nitto's being delivered today
via UPS.

Magna 2300 TVS Supercharger,500+RWH,355 Gears, 3" Pypes OffRoad X Pipe,3" GT500 Exhaust w/High Flo Cats, w/GT500 Axel Backs,18"X10" NZO Halo II's w/ Michlin Pilots.
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaholland View Post
i am grew just a few miles from the roush facility - assuming its the one in livonia - with only 1 day in town i highly suggest you visit The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. its all things ford plus some cool historic recreations.

the boost gauge is something you could totally skip with a roush and you would only be missing out on cool factor.

enjoy your trip and your new found power.
That sounds awesome. It is actually considered Plymouth, Michgan. I looked up the Henry Ford museum. It is about 25 mins from where I'm staying. I think I may just be sleeping in all day on Wednesday after a long 10 hour drive. And since I will be on my way home Thursday midday that wouldn't leave me with much time to do anything. There'd is a restaurant called Blue Margarita 2 that sounds cool right near my hotel.

As far as the gauge goes I may end up having them install it. Just for the cool factor. Lol. Might as well while I'm out there, I don't know when else I'd have someone install that.

2011 GT/CS 6MT . 3.73 Gears . 2014 Front-End . Cervini Stalker Hood . Roush TVS Supercharger . Roush Gauge Pod . JLT Oil Separator . GT500 Axle Back Exhaust . Roush Shift Knob . Roush Side Splitters . Roush Hood Struts . CDC Grille . Auto Meter Phantom II Boost Gauge . GT500 Mud Guards . 20/50% Tint . GT500 Brembo Kit . Powerslot Rotors . Koni STR.T . FRPP-P Springs . Boyo Front/Rear Camera w/ 3.5 Display . Hardwired V1 Radar . Alpine Perfect Fit Navi . 19" Forgestar CF5's
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangStNick View Post
I know what you mean about WAITING!

I should be done in about 2 weeks!

I will post up pictures and dyno results when completed! :hihi:

Lower control arms and Nitto's being delivered today
via UPS.
Sounds awesome man can't wait to see pics of it. What supercharger did you go with?

2011 GT/CS 6MT . 3.73 Gears . 2014 Front-End . Cervini Stalker Hood . Roush TVS Supercharger . Roush Gauge Pod . JLT Oil Separator . GT500 Axle Back Exhaust . Roush Shift Knob . Roush Side Splitters . Roush Hood Struts . CDC Grille . Auto Meter Phantom II Boost Gauge . GT500 Mud Guards . 20/50% Tint . GT500 Brembo Kit . Powerslot Rotors . Koni STR.T . FRPP-P Springs . Boyo Front/Rear Camera w/ 3.5 Display . Hardwired V1 Radar . Alpine Perfect Fit Navi . 19" Forgestar CF5's
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Besides the blower and bottom end, they did change to a better clutch. I increased about the same amount as you will. Went in with 427 and left with 550 hp. Would have loved the ride home but it rained for the 10 hour drive. They also upgraded my front sway bar. Rest of the suspension was just fine. Also had them put a new set of Cooper RS3 tires on at a good discount.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work
PONY Member

Very nice choice in Roush S/C !

I myself have reading up on the Roush S/C vs Edelbrock S/C. Both offer warranty but one thing this makes +1 point to Edelbrock is that it only runs on 5psi and comes with it's own intake manifold. I still have not decided on which one to go.

2011 Mustang 5.0 2SLOW
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusWolf View Post
Very nice choice in Roush S/C !

I myself have reading up on the Roush S/C vs Edelbrock S/C. Both offer warranty but one thing this makes +1 point to Edelbrock is that it only runs on 5psi and comes with it's own intake manifold. I still have not decided on which one to go.
Both superchargers come with intake manifolds and integrated intercoolers. Also both have different pulley options to change the boost pressure.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Both superchargers come with intake manifolds and integrated intercoolers. Also both have different pulley options to change the boost pressure.
Yes they do but Roush only will warranty the pulley that comes with the kit. If you upgrade your pulley you can kiss the 3/36 away. lol.

Rookie

How much will you be forking out for everything? PM me if you don't want to say it out here..

2011 Ingot Silver GT

PONY Member

Well I personally dont want to change anything from the SC due to warranty. Thats why I think eldebrock is a little better powerwise and at lower psi.

2011 Mustang 5.0 2SLOW
Apprentice

Not to encourage anything, but a little birdie told me a pulley change doesn't require a tune update on Whipple or TVS.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to MustangStNick
I decided to go with the Magnsuon, Magna TVS 2300
Supercharger System in Satin Black Finish.
The unit is normally $6995.00, but my installer is doing the entire job for $7150.00 inc. custom dyno tune.
We are looking for some great numbers @ 7/8 lbs of boost, so I'm anxiously waiting for the exuiptment to arrive late next week and it to go on my baby.:laughlitt

Magna 2300 TVS Supercharger,500+RWH,355 Gears, 3" Pypes OffRoad X Pipe,3" GT500 Exhaust w/High Flo Cats, w/GT500 Axel Backs,18"X10" NZO Halo II's w/ Michlin Pilots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 , ct/cs , mustang gt , roush , supercharger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page