Near Future Roush Supercharger Owner! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Near Future Roush Supercharger Owner!

So I think the time has finally come after reading numerous threads and have seen many supercharged mustangs at shows that I bite the bullet and supercharge my own 2011 Mustang GT/CS. I am almost 100% sure that I want to go with a Roush blower due to reliability, warranty issues and just over all great performance. I am planning on taking a road trip with a buddy of mine late August to Roush themselves in Michigan and having them install it. Can't get any better then that! I also plan on having them install their boost gauge and pod as well in my driver side air vent. I have read mixed things about it but it will look very clean and factory like. The only downside is I believe the stock strut brace is not compatible after the install but is so inferior compared to the huge upgrade. Any thoughts or suggestions that you guys can think of before I take this big step? Thanks in advance.

2011 GT/CS 6MT . 3.73 Gears . 2014 Front-End . Cervini Stalker Hood . Roush TVS Supercharger . Roush Gauge Pod . JLT Oil Separator . GT500 Axle Back Exhaust . Roush Shift Knob . Roush Side Splitters . Roush Hood Struts . CDC Grille . Auto Meter Phantom II Boost Gauge . GT500 Mud Guards . 20/50% Tint . GT500 Brembo Kit . Powerslot Rotors . Koni STR.T . FRPP-P Springs . Boyo Front/Rear Camera w/ 3.5 Display . Hardwired V1 Radar . Alpine Perfect Fit Navi . 19" Forgestar CF5's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

you won't miss the strut brace one minute...sounds like a great plan, have fun

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011
MACH I Member
S197 Member

That's the plan I followed with my '07' when I upgraded to the TVS and forged bottom. I figured they do it for a living and knew the short cuts and had all the tools. Had a great trip and sure enjoyed being able to go thru the shop and watch the installation. Lot of car related spots to visit.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Just pulled the trigger and booked my trip. Its about a 10hour drive from Jersey. Not so bad. Any ideas for while Im out there? I won't obviously have a car but Tim from Roush said he'd be willing to give me a ride back and forth from the and to the hotel. Is the boost gauge something that I should be getting installed. Is it necessary other then for cosmetic reason. I was told it is rarely every needed on such a problem free supercharger.

2011 GT/CS 6MT . 3.73 Gears . 2014 Front-End . Cervini Stalker Hood . Roush TVS Supercharger . Roush Gauge Pod . JLT Oil Separator . GT500 Axle Back Exhaust . Roush Shift Knob . Roush Side Splitters . Roush Hood Struts . CDC Grille . Auto Meter Phantom II Boost Gauge . GT500 Mud Guards . 20/50% Tint . GT500 Brembo Kit . Powerslot Rotors . Koni STR.T . FRPP-P Springs . Boyo Front/Rear Camera w/ 3.5 Display . Hardwired V1 Radar . Alpine Perfect Fit Navi . 19" Forgestar CF5's
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well, it's always a good thing to know how much boost you're running,if the basic stock boost is, say 7 lbs,and you' start to see a boost drop to say, 4 lbs it's probably a good indication some clamps have loosened up... it's a good tool to have installed for the sake of consistency.
If I'm running any form of forced induction, I sure would want to know where my boost is at!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
Well, it's always a good thing to know how much boost you're running,if the basic stock boost is, say 7 lbs,and you' start to see a boost drop to say, 4 lbs it's probably a good indication some clamps have loosened up... it's a good tool to have installed for the sake of consistency.
If I'm running any form of forced induction, I sure would want to know where my boost is at!
Good point, nicely said. Any suggestion as far as which gauge to go with or stick with Roush's boost gauge.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Personally, Roush supercharger,mated to a Roush boost gauge... If I'm wearing an Armani suit,I'd be wearing Armani accessories!LOL

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Personally, Roush supercharger,mated to a Roush boost gauge... If I'm wearing an Armani suit,I'd be wearing Armani accessories!LOL
Makes sense, very wise man, I was thinking the same. Any other sort of upgrades should be done to the car to handle the performance of the supercharger. I was told everything else as far as power train and transmission can stay stock.

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

I wouldn't use a roush boost guage. I would get that guage that monitors everything like afr, oil and water temp, rpm and boost and alot more. Dang I don't remember what its called. Lethal performance has it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

How long does it take them to do the install?

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 California Special
Convertible Auto
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
How long does it take them to do the install?
My car will be done Thursday afternoon Aug 25th, that is with them having it first thing in the morning on Wednesday the 24th. They are figuring 12 hours of labor. Not terrible. The hardest part is gonna be the ride there, the best part is gonna be the ride home!

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

You better put away some chips for new tires these cars are down right nasty with a blower.

You are in for a real treat and when you get into boost the acceleration is awesome.I've got about 1K on my forged 10:1 motor with Kenne Bell 2.8 and I'm starting to lean on it a bit and it just pulls like a rocketship.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to MustangStNick
Your going to have to do something if your running stock tires, they won't last anytime at all.
Suggest something like Nitto NTO5's. 295X45XZR18 XL 112W B, Thats what I'm installing on my GT/CS when the SuperCharger goes on in about 2 weeks.

Next you won't be able to hook up unless you do something with your lower control arms. Stock just won't do, it will sound as though you have someone beating under you back seat with a hammer everytime you really get on it. They are available from most of the sponcers here on AFM.

Magna 2300 TVS Supercharger,500+RWH,355 Gears, 3" Pypes OffRoad X Pipe,3" GT500 Exhaust w/High Flo Cats, w/GT500 Axel Backs,18"X10" NZO Halo II's w/ Michlin Pilots.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

"I was told everything else as far as power train and transmission can stay stock."
I tend to agree with your statement,or most of it... my logic however tells me to look at the weakest link in your particular equation, these cars are already rated at 412 hp and 390 torque,in my opinion,the clutch is operating at it's outer fringes,so adding the kind of trust a supercharger applies to the drivetrain ( especially the clutch brings concerns to my mind.
I have not really done any research on this particular topic,and if it was me adding a supercharger I sure would want to know where that leaves me...
I guess it's better to side on the side of caution!

The rest is all FORD
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
"I was told everything else as far as power train and transmission can stay stock."
I tend to agree with your statement,or most of it... my logic however tells me to look at the weakest link in your particular equation, these cars are already rated at 412 hp and 390 torque,in my opinion,the clutch is operating at it's outer fringes,so adding the kind of trust a supercharger applies to the drivetrain ( especially the clutch brings concerns to my mind.
I have not really done any research on this particular topic,and if it was me adding a supercharger I sure would want to know where that leaves me...
I guess it's better to side on the side of caution!
I will agree with you. However Roush as well as a few other performance shops have told me the stock clutch will be fine. We shall see. Now the hardest part is waiting until next month!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 , ct/cs , mustang gt , roush , supercharger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page