help on headers... pleaseee!!!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
You are right there. It is a lot of money for just a set of headers and a couple of pipes. I am not going to spend 1600.00 to get 20-25 hp.
It depends what your long terms plans are. If you plan on having 500 or more rwhp then headers are a good investment as you will need exhaust to match input power.

2011 GT CS MT
JLT CAI/93 tune, Alum DS
Barton shifter/bracket
SW headers/exhaust
Rear seat delete
3M protection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_SD View Post
Sorry to hijack...I was thinking the same setup when I get my ride...any drone with your setup?

OP, here in Cali, our smog laws are worse than yours...just keep your stock tune so you have it available when you go get a smog check and restore to your stock exhaust system...that's what I'll do...sure it's a hassle, but it'll only take a day to do the swap then put your hi-flow system back on after the check and upload your more aggressive tune.
There is a little drone at 2000 rpm in 6th. I love this exhaust as it is relatively quiet until you step on it. I love driving without the radio on just to listen to the exhaust. I hated the stock exhaust as you couldn't hear the power.
In my case the exhaust makes sense as it dropped significant weight and will work to maximize the power when I add my Boss intake, heads and cams (over 500 rwhp)
As far as smog or E tests (Canada where I live). I got the catted version which will pass our E tests (48 states legal)

2011 GT CS MT
JLT CAI/93 tune, Alum DS
Barton shifter/bracket
SW headers/exhaust
Rear seat delete
3M protection
Rookie

JBA's SS 1 7/8" Headers are 650.00

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium - 401A, 6MT, 3.55s, Glass Roof, Spoiler Pkg,
Airaid cai, BBK ss Shorties, Lethal OR X-Pipe,GT500 AB's and Lund tune.

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona-Blue View Post
JBA's SS 1 7/8" Headers are 650.00
this will not bolt up to the factory x/h pipe, will need to add JBA's specific h/x pipe, which will add to the total cost. The LT's are not cheap, but if you want to stay NA and make more power they are a must.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

The cost won't stop me from doing the long tubes, ill just complain abit about it lol

i know that they're a necessary component to building a monster Mustang

2011 GT Premium: Brembo package, 3.73, HIDs
Steeda CAI, Evolution 93 performance tune, bassani x pipe, flowmaster axle back "American thunder", barton short throw with bracket, steeda LCA, Steeda fully adjustable UCA, Steeda ultralite springs,steeda three point frame rail & torque box brace,BMR LCA rellocation bracket, adjustable panhard rod, hd panhard brace,g-trac brace,275/35/19 nitto nt 05s (on the back so far), gt500 spoiler,Spec stage 3+ and Flywheel,, tinted windows
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiedumps84 View Post
The cost won't stop me from doing the long tubes, ill just complain abit about it lol

i know that they're a necessary component to building a monster Mustang
What did you think of the Video I sent you?

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page