2011 Mustang headliner fit and finish. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2011 Mustang headliner fit and finish.

Hello everyone.

I'm very dissapointed with the fit and finish of my mustang's headliner.
On the edges you can see where it was cut out and it's not firm against the glass front and back.

I have never seen any other car that owned to be that way.
In addition to that, when i looked up in the back by the glass, not too far from the clips i've seen 2 cuts ! REally like someone took a knife and sliced the headliner !

Ofcourse i stopped by the dealership and showed it to them. I Only have this car for a little over a month. I know for a fact i did not cut it.
Dealership guy took pictures and said he will email them to Ford.
Now i have a HUGE feeling that FORD is going to say something like" It's a customer damage and not a defect" Just like they did with the center chrome vent pieace that has imperfection in it !

Little thing like this show me how much manufacturer is trying to cut on costs.

My scion tC has better headliner finish, my 2010 Jetta limited had better fit and finish headliner, my brothers QX56 definately blowing all of those out of the water for F/F quality !

Just patiently waiting for now... i hope they will just man up and swap it out.

2011 Mustang 5.0 2SLOW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
BOSS Member

Garage
Sorry to hear that. I've owned a lot of Fords with crappy headliners but the one in my Mustang is perfect.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ruswolf...

I would not be asking them to change it, I would be telling them to change it...

It's a new car it should not be that way period...

Take the postion of power and demand it be changed... you will be better off...

Let us know how you do.

2015 Mustang GT Performance Package... Stock for now..

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusWolf View Post
Hello everyone.

I'm very dissapointed with the fit and finish of my mustang's headliner.
On the edges you can see where it was cut out and it's not firm against the glass front and back.

I have never seen any other car that owned to be that way.
In addition to that, when i looked up in the back by the glass, not too far from the clips i've seen 2 cuts ! REally like someone took a knife and sliced the headliner !

Ofcourse i stopped by the dealership and showed it to them. I Only have this car for a little over a month. I know for a fact i did not cut it.
Dealership guy took pictures and said he will email them to Ford.
Now i have a HUGE feeling that FORD is going to say something like" It's a customer damage and not a defect" Just like they did with the center chrome vent pieace that has imperfection in it !

Little thing like this show me how much manufacturer is trying to cut on costs.

My scion tC has better headliner finish, my 2010 Jetta limited had better fit and finish headliner, my brothers QX56 definately blowing all of those out of the water for F/F quality !

Just patiently waiting for now... i hope they will just man up and swap it out.
Sorry to hear that. The headliner in my GT/CS is great. Is yours the base model?

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

that sucks.. do you have pictures?

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011
Rookie

I do upholstery and alot of cars have the headliners cut right along the edge of the cardboard. the cuts are weird.... if you it bothers you just get it redone. We do them for around 200 as long at you dont have a sunroof. good luck

2011 Mustang 5.0- BOSS Intake Manifold, Magnaflow Competition Catback, Magnaflow tru offroad X-pipe,C&L Intake, BAMA Tune, Motive 4.10 gears, 2" drop BMR Springs w/ Strange Engineering Struts, panhard bar, lower mounts, JLT oil seperator, [url]www.cibolaupholstery.com
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks guys,

I will definately put up a fight. I made them change my gauge cluster because it had 2 scratches on it forming an X.
Chrome center vent is a very small imperfection, but i'm thinking about painting all chrome pearl black anyway.

Headliner i definatelu want changed.

To answer some of your guy's questions my car is a Premium 5.0

2011 Mustang 5.0 2SLOW
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusWolf View Post
Thanks guys,

I will definately put up a fight. I made them change my gauge cluster because it had 2 scratches on it forming an X.
Chrome center vent is a very small imperfection, but i'm thinking about painting all chrome pearl black anyway.

Headliner i definatelu want changed.

To answer some of your guy's questions my car is a Premium 5.0
Perhaps you should edit your signature so people know what you have...might help in the future is you have any issues.

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page