2011 GT - getting into reverse instead of 1st gear - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla8 View Post
How bout the guy in the Camaro pulls up to you at the light and revs his motor

light turns green and you rev to 5K dump the clutch and go backwards hitting the unmarked cop car behind you

I know I know It could never happen lol

Zilla, this made me hit the floor!

I came very close to doing this, but with a marked deputy car behind me, I was so intent on looking at the traffic signal and the others in around me that I didn't notice what had pulled up behind me. Lucky for the deputy I was in 1st. I figured out I was scruuuud when the Red and Blues came through the tire smoke. My Wife was more pissed than the Deputy, he chuckled when he walked up, I told him who I was and his words were, "Aaron, you can't do that", I replied, "Sorry Deputy, I didn't know you were back there". So now, not only do I double check that I am in 1st, I also check who is behind me.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This did happen to me the first week I had my car,I think I did push down on the stick to hard with out thinking about it.now its on my mind when i am sitting at a red light.LOL I seen car a few years ago at a red light,were this guy went to far into the intersection put his car in reverse,i seen his back up lights still on, the light turns red, he jumps on it hits the car behind him just like at a demolition derby.

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Sorry i meant to say the light turned Green not Red when he jumped on it.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolith View Post
Never has this happened to me. And this is my first german transmission.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Never happened to me either, and this is my first Chinese transmission.

2009 GT Premium Black on Black 5MT
PONY Member

Garage
I've never experienced this. It might be due to that I don't rest my hand on top of the shifter knob unless I'm putting the car into reverse. I usually grab the base of the shift knob when running through the gears. I know it sounds strange, but that's just the way I shift.

2016 GT Premium Coupe|Equipment Group 401A|GT Performance Package
Apprentice

I have never had this, but I have on a few occasions been in first when I thought I was in reverse. They are just too similar.

2011 Roush Stage 2 - Red Candy Metallic
Apprentice

Yes this has happened to me several times too. I rest my hand on the shifter most times and have accidentally gone to reverse a couple of times. I never launch my card hard from a light unless I am positive that I am in first gear. I only had that problem on Beemers when racing. Trying to throw back in first gear on a sharp turn and I have hit reverse instead. Fortunately, Mustangs typically have enough grunt to pull out of turns in 2nd gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page