Introducing the Bama Performance 2011+ Mustang GT Custom Tune Warranty - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member

Garage
It looks good for the engine but I still have a 6R80 automatic transmission to worry about. I doubt that Ford will fix it with a Bama tune on the car. I guess I'm still going to be tuneless.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
It looks good for the engine but I still have a 6R80 automatic transmission to worry about. I doubt that Ford will fix it with a Bama tune on the car. I guess I'm still going to be tuneless.
Yeah, you should stay tuneless. There haven't even been rumors about issues with the 6r80. Ford recently released a TSB for a leak, but no one even posted about having one. If I think hard, I may read about one person having a problem with their trans, but its nothing like the #8 fiasco which is still an extremely small population.

2011 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS 5.0 Auto FTW! 13.284 @ 107.44 (DA Corrected 12.809 @ 111.502)
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Dude, the funniest post yet.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
Yeah, you should stay tuneless. There haven't even been rumors about issues with the 6r80. Ford recently released a TSB for a leak, but no one even posted about having one. If I think hard, I may read about one person having a problem with their trans, but its nothing like the #8 fiasco which is still an extremely small population.
After I posted I thought about it for a while and remembered that I've only read of one 6R80 failing. I want the tune mostly for the transmission and after I have 5k miles on the trans with no problems I'll get a tune. I trusted Bama with my last Mustang and it didn't blow up so I guess I'll trust them with this one.

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT STYLE View Post
Dude, the funniest post yet.
I was crying when I typed it.

GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
After I posted I thought about it for a while and remembered that I've only read of one 6R80 failing. I want the tune mostly for the transmission and after I have 5k miles on the trans with no problems I'll get a tune. I trusted Bama with my last Mustang and it didn't blow up so I guess I'll trust them with this one.
Got my BAMA tune with 10K on the car. Wow does it fix the shifting of the auto transmission. (The 91 Performance was the best for the shifting smoothness). The race tune is great but the shift points seem to be about stock, at least that is what is seems to me. All the tunes also take care of the accelerator delay.

The auto transmission is bullet proof. Don't worry.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
Rookie

you guys should hire me, I'm sure you could use a good business process engineer / six sigma black belt

2012 GT500
Rookie

can't wait to get home from my deployment now and order all my parts from AM :kooky:

Military Crew E5
2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Sterling Grey
401a, Comfort pkg, Electronics pkg, Security pkg, 3.73 gears
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ ___ _o_/|
|__|..........|__|
MACH I Member

I was waiting for something exactly like this; however, I thought the wait would be much, much longer. Awesome news!

AM FTW!!!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Apprentice

Bold move, and a smart one. Very nice.
Rookie

Chris, if I could rep you, I would. Hats off to you for standing behind your product.
Apprentice
S197 Member

I love American Muscle.
Em3
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this but... I had absolutely no intentions on purchasing a tune till my 36k warranty expired.

But after seeing this I can say that I am now strongly considering purhcasing a tune and possible CAI from AM.

I have one Question since I really didn't see anything regarding it in the warranty link.

-If we purchase say a tune + cai and lets say a boss intake or an off road x pipe and we experience a problem, will our warranty from you still be intact and count towards repairs or does it only count if you simply only have a tune on your otherwise stock car?

Ordered 1/12/11 Recieved 5/13/11: 2012 Mustang GT Premium, A/T, HID & Security, Comfort Pkg, 401A Brick Red & Cashmere Int, Black Ext, Remote Start, 15%/5% Ceramic Tint, Roush Axle-Backs, 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler, MGP Red 5.0 Caliper Covers, DG Auto Custom Quarter Window Scoops, Airaid CAI, Bama Tune.
Apprentice

This is all I was waiting for to purchase a CAI + a tune. Thank you for truly standing behind your products.

-- A Tribute to Ridiculous Signatures -- 2011 Mustang GT -- Performance White -- Charcoal Black Leather -- Borla S-Type Exhaust -- FRPP Boss Gauge Pod -- Boss Steering Wheel -- V6PP 19" Rims -- Sh!t Ton of Wheel Locks -- Viper Paging Alarm -- Baseball Bat -- GT500 Splash Guards -- :hihi:
Apprentice

Well... That and a few paychecks Keep it up AM, you guys are awesome!

-- A Tribute to Ridiculous Signatures -- 2011 Mustang GT -- Performance White -- Charcoal Black Leather -- Borla S-Type Exhaust -- FRPP Boss Gauge Pod -- Boss Steering Wheel -- V6PP 19" Rims -- Sh!t Ton of Wheel Locks -- Viper Paging Alarm -- Baseball Bat -- GT500 Splash Guards -- :hihi:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bama , custom tune , cylinder 8 , mustang , warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page