Aeroforce Guage AF Reading - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Aeroforce Guage AF Reading

My car has had a Brenspeed 93 octane tune on it for about a year. I just installed a Aeroforce Gauge, and set it up to display the AF ratio. I haven't had a chance to go out and run the car hard or at wide open throttle to see what it reads, but I will soon. What is a typical reading from a gauge like this connected directly to the OBD II port while just sitting their idling? My gauge is showing high 14's while idling, which I am not sure is normal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

not sure how accurate that is, normally they are installed in the exhaust pipe and used with forced induction applications...however it really doesn't matter at idle what it reads, but 14 or so isn't anything bad...normally at WOT is what you want to watch so something isn't leaning out...there you want to see 12s or lower.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011
PONY Member

Idle and cruise should be in the 14s. It should dip to the 12s when you are under WOT. The factory widebands are supposedly very accurate.

Mods don't matter.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
not sure how accurate that is
actually youre not going to get anymore accurate then with the Interceptor gauge reading, it is reading directly off the factory installed wideband o2 sensors that 2011-12 Mustangs come factory equipped. 14's at idle is perfect, at WOT youll want to see a/f in the 12's btw OP where did you order your Aeroforce from and how long did it take to arrive?

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011
PONY Member

Your car is going to hunt around at idle, also don't be alarmed if the two sides read a little off. The only time your really concerned is WOT a/f. I ordered mine from Lethal, they had them in stock so a couple of days.

2004 SY Cobra, Pulley, CAI, Exhaust, Baer Brakes (458 rwhp & 479 rwtq) Projected completion June 2012

2011 RaceRed 5.0 6M; Brembo's, HIDs, Security, & 3.73s; 738 rwhp & 531 rwtq - Sold

2012 Limited Expedition EL
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
Rookie

lethal performance did a nice video on this gauge... gives some info about it. but yes 14's are good for idle

Military Crew E5
2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Sterling Grey
401a, Comfort pkg, Electronics pkg, Security pkg, 3.73 gears
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ ___ _o_/|
|__|..........|__|
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

I have the Bama 93 race tune and the interceptor set to monitor the A/F ratio. I was a bit concerned that it looked 'lean' and then came across a thread (here) that discussed the effects of E10 on the stoichiometric mixture being more like 14.079 not 14.64. The interceptor gauge must have some conversion logic somewhere and the question is what is that based on. Aeroforce tech forums have been down but if someone knows, chime in. AMChris Rose feels the Aeroforce is probably taking lambda x 14.64 but it would be nice if someone could validate. I got mine gauge from Lethal too.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Scott O, I bought min from Lethal also. I also bought the Roush adapter, that lets you mount the gauge in the vent to the left of the steering wheel. Fairly easy install if your very careful with the plastic snaps holding it all together .Had it in only a few days, after ordering.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpony1568 View Post
Scott O, I bought min from Lethal also. I also bought the Roush adapter, that lets you mount the gauge in the vent to the left of the steering wheel. Fairly easy install if your very careful with the plastic snaps holding it all together .Had it in only a few days, after ordering.
great thanks! think Im gonna order one

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
Apprentice

Do you have it set for A/F on Command or for each bank?

~Darren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page