Free front grill - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Free front grill

I was bored today and decided to mess with the front grill a bit. Painted the fog lights black. I don't use them anyways. I also painted the pony black and on the driver side I cut away the plastic part that was covering the cold air tube. Im sure that there wont be any performance benefits to this but I was bored. After a wash here are some pics.

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
Apprentice

I wish there was a way to make the foglight lens black or something like that to blend in while still being able to use them.

2012 GT500
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

you can get tinted covers for your fog lights.

AM has them..

2015 Oxford White GT Manual Transmission
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Manual Transmission - Sold.
2012 Grabber Blue V6 - T-boned and totaled.
2008 Performance White V6 - SOLD!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
PONY Member

I did very simillar to you, bought a 2010 black chrome pony for my grill. Have some smoked covers, but waiting till I get my grill surround painted to install them

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
Apprentice

Was expecting a "free" give away grill in this thread lool! But nice work on the grill, looks real mean.

2011 GT
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
PONY Member

I did the same thing to my sterling gray. I like the look as well

2012 White Red Stripes GT500 540/522
-SW Full exhaust -2.8 Metco pulley
2004 White Lightning C&L CAI,exhaust,tuned
2011 Sterling Grey5.0 SOLD
3.73-M6-MGW-AED tuned-JBA Full exhaust-BMR Suspension-423/401
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks really nice! I painted the pony on my V6 with matte black paint looked awesome for about 3 days (was well prepped BTW) but road debris peeled the paint in spots. I removed the grill to access the pony to release the retainer clips, sand blasted the pony and used a rhino liner type black paint that was textured when dry. I got a lot of positive feedback from people, and the best part it will never chip. I will definitely do the same with the new one! But I'm keeping the fogs the way they are on mine.

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011
Rookie

Check out headlightarmor or lamin-x. They make a very high quality protective film in different colors....here is a picture of mine with the fog lights tinted in their Smoke color. It is dark enough to give it the look I was going for, but still useable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page