Like a BAWS! CS/Baws front valence and splitter installed! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Fastredponycar
Like a BAWS! CS/Baws front valence and splitter installed!

Last week I ordered the CS valence, boss splitter and GT500 rear valence from american muscle and they all showed up today (Free shipping FTW!)

Rather than remove the bumper like LRS's install guide, I followed Evilcartman's guide here

California Special Front Valance Installation - Evilcartman

And it took about 45 minutes with me having never done any of this before.

I had one of the finger ratchet stubby screwdrivers that was a bit easier to work with getting the screw at the corner of the stock valence removed than the stubby phillips head screwdriver was. I also used a drill with a 1/4" socket attachment and 7mm socket to remove the screws for the splash guard making that much quicker than using a small ratchet.

Stock valence literally just pulls right off and the CS valence pushes straight on. (tape the 2 edges where the metal threaded inserts are so it doesn't scratch the paint.

The boss splitter though... geez what a pain. With the help of a floor jack, some duck tape and a pair of needle nose vice grips though, I got it mocked up mounted to drill all the holes (there's like 800 holes you have to drill), got the little metal clips with the threaded section clipped on and again used the drill with a 10mm socket attachment to screw all the screws in and set the torque to 25lbs per the install instructions. Made that part really quick.

all in all it took about 2 hours. Hardest part was getting the boss splitter held up in place and straightend up to drill the holes. I used a floor jack to lift up one side and hold it up against the bottom of the valence while I went along the rest with duck tape and used a jack stand to hold the other end up more or less close enough to get it taped up after aligning it.

Results: (I'm planning on tackling the rear valence tomorrow evening and then some daylight pics on wed.) Oh also planning on the brake cooling ducts instead of foglights.

2012 GT Premuim - Candy Metallic Red, MT82, Comfort package, Reverse Camera, Brembos and 3.73's.

Mods: JLT oil separator, Koni Sports, Steeda sport springs/HD strut mounts, GT500 Axleback, Air Raid CAI

373 RWHP / 356 TQ - Stock on 87 octane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thats looks real sharp.I'm still deciding on if I want to change from the stock facia.The main issue is the bad roads and steep driveways.

I would be so pissed if I damaged my new front facia/chin spoiler etc

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011
Redlyr

/drool...

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011
GT Member

Very nice, mine looks the same yes pain drill all the holes. But it's mounted very solid unlike some of the aftermarket stuff
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011
Rookie

can't decide whether i wanna go this route or get a splitter that works with the non cs front and looks just as good

Military Crew E5
2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Sterling Grey
401a, Comfort pkg, Electronics pkg, Security pkg, 3.73 gears
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ ___ _o_/|
|__|..........|__|
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

That looks great.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011
GT Member

Looks awesome! (Exactly like mine) are you planning on doing anything with the fog light holes?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011
PONY Member

mmhmm lookin good... i got mine from them as well... free shipping is what made me pull the trigger as well.. cJ pony wanted to freight ship (at a cost of as much as the valence itself)
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla8 View Post
Thats looks real sharp.I'm still deciding on if I want to change from the stock facia.The main issue is the bad roads and steep driveways.

I would be so pissed if I damaged my new front facia/chin spoiler etc
Actually, the CS fascia isn't really any lower than the stock fascia. I though it would be but it really isn't. The splitter doesn't scrape unless you're at something steep. I usually scrape at my dad's driveway but I hit it at an angle last night and didn't scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1120 View Post
Looks awesome! (Exactly like mine) are you planning on doing anything with the fog light holes?

Ford Racing BOSS 302 Brake Duct Kit (10-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

2012 GT Premuim - Candy Metallic Red, MT82, Comfort package, Reverse Camera, Brembos and 3.73's.

Mods: JLT oil separator, Koni Sports, Steeda sport springs/HD strut mounts, GT500 Axleback, Air Raid CAI

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastredponycar View Post
Actually, the CS fascia isn't really any lower than the stock fascia.
This is absolutely true... I thought I would have trouble with parking bricks since the car BARELY sat over them with the eibach sportlines... i thought with the CS/GT lip theres no way I would fit over them anymore and it turns out it does... probably could barely fit a piece of paper in between, but it works.
Apprentice

I'm not usually a fan of red, but damn, your pics literraly make it look like a candy apple! Looks amazing!!

2012 Base Performance White GT, Brembos, 3.55's
-Boss Steering wheel, MGW shifter
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morr5.0 View Post
I'm not usually a fan of red, but damn, your pics literraly make it look like a candy apple! Looks amazing!!
yeah candy metallic doesn't really pop until the sun hits it. This is the car (unedited shot) in direct sun

Apprentice

Looks great.

I'm also doing the same to my car. I already have the CS lower fascia but can't start the project because I'm still waiting on the Boss splitter that I ordered from Carpartsestore. I've been waiting for 3 weeks now and still nothing. Already sent them 3 follow-up emails and left voicemail messages but no response.

2011 Mustang 5.0, 6spd manual, Sterling Gray Metallic, 401A spec,
Charcoal Black leather seats with cashmere stripe, Shaker 1000, Rear view camera, HID, Security package, Reflective Tints , Borla S-Type AB, GT500 Rear Diffuser. California Special Lower Valance with Boss 302 front splitter, Black GT500 replica wheels staggered set-up
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRIS50 View Post
Looks great.

I'm also doing the same to my car. I already have the CS lower fascia but can't start the project because I'm still waiting on the Boss splitter that I ordered from Carpartsestore. I've been waiting for 3 weeks now and still nothing. Already sent them 3 follow-up emails and left voicemail messages but no response.
Cancel the order and get it from American muscle man. I got it in like 5 days and the shipping is free AND you can get a forum discount if you send AMChrisRose a PM requesting it. For my total order it was a pretty substantial discount.

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

thanks for the info on the CS fascia and that candy Red is spectacular

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page