Ford Racing lowering K springs for 2011+? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ford Racing lowering K springs for 2011+?

I have a 2012 GT and These are the lowering springs I want... but I read that I need to pick up the upper strut mounts/dampers for these to fit? is that true? thanks for the help!

Ford Racing Mustang K-Springs (05-11 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011
Apprentice

I have just the K springs installed on my 2011. The front right strut already blew out on me so I would look into getting the struts and strut mounts as well.

2011 GT MT82 - Boss I.M. - BBK LTH - Custom OR-X - Custom Exhaust - AED E85 Tune - FRPP 47lb/hr Injectors - UMI Adjustable Panhard - JPC Adjustable UCA - UMI LCA's - BMR LCA Relocation - Rear Seat X-Brace - Front STB - Anti Roll Bar - FRPP K Springs - Koni STR.T Struts - GT500 Strut Mounts - Strange Adjustable Shocks - MGW Shifter - JHR Clutch Line - Exedy Mach 600 Clutch - Billet Flywheel - Seperate Clutch Fluid Reservoir w/ Dot 5 Fluid - Nitto 555r 305/40R18 - Weight: 3380 w/ Driver
Old 07-27-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk v5.0 View Post
I have just the K springs installed on my 2011. The front right strut already blew out on me so I would look into getting the struts and strut mounts as well.
Do you think the strut blow out was due to the springs?

Old 07-27-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

i have the k springs with everything else factory. skunk i didnt know you were in this forum lol. anyways back to op i havnt had an issue so far but i dont really drive my car much.

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
Old 07-28-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

ok thanks for the help! mine is a DD so I'll keep that in mind... new struts and mounts needed because of how much the springs lower the car? why don't other brands recommend this?
Old 07-28-2011
Banned

I installed the K springs, and they are great. Great drop and ride and I didnt install anything else with them. No panhard, or strut mounts. I will say that I could use the panhard though because it does look like the rear was shifted towards the driver side a touch. They are awesome out on the road though. They made the car so much more stable.
Old 07-28-2011
Apprentice

LRS did an install of the P springs (1") and said nothing else needed but if they did the K springs they would recommend the mounts and panhard. I also discussed this via email with them.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Ford Racing Lowering Springs Install - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here

2010 GT500
Old 07-28-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOhFoSho View Post
I have a 2012 GT and These are the lowering springs I want... but I read that I need to pick up the upper strut mounts/dampers for these to fit? is that true? thanks for the help!

Ford Racing Mustang K-Springs (05-11 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

12k miles on my k springs with no issues, I did get a panhard bar and alignment though..

2011 White 5.0 6spd Man, 373's, HIDS, Grabber Blue Seats, Shaker 1000

Mods: ARH 1 7/8" Long Tubes, E85 RWR Dyno Tune Hush Power Axle Back, Removed Resonators Saleen Grille, RTR Wheels,RTR Spoiler, Steeda Upper and LCA's, White line Relocation Brackets, Strange Adj Shocks Ford Racing "K" springs, CHE Adj Panhard Bar, Roush Side Splitters, GT500 Rear Valance, GT500 Splash Guards

12.36 @ 108 1.7 60' with 7952 DA (11.11 @ 122 DA Corrected - dragtimes.com) 422whp/390wtq DynoJet 5th Gear
Old 07-29-2011
Rookie

The K Springs drop it all about 1.5" right? What size rims and series of tires are you guys running? I ordered mine with the FRP K Springs and struts and I'm worried I'm going to rub with the rims and the overall 1.5" drop? Should I be?

Anyone have any pics of the 2011+ with a 1.5" drop?

Thanks!

James
HTG Motorsports
Old 07-29-2011
Apprentice

Just did mine today. No struts as I will wait till spring. As for the mounts they are kinda cheap and will upgrade when I do struts. I got a adjustable Panhard bar incase I needed it and sure enough I did. First impressions are great. It's totally liveable and my streets are a mess. So I no once I do struts it will be awesome. This is the second mustang I have lowered without doing struts and they ride great after. My challenger was a different story. I couldn't take it after a couple weeks and did the struts. You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-30-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Cool! ordered them and waiting, panhard bar is def my next order... thanks for the help all
Old 07-31-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTGMotorsports View Post
The K Springs drop it all about 1.5" right? What size rims and series of tires are you guys running? I ordered mine with the FRP K Springs and struts and I'm worried I'm going to rub with the rims and the overall 1.5" drop? Should I be?

Anyone have any pics of the 2011+ with a 1.5" drop?

Thanks!

James
HTG Motorsports
I have K springs, Koni STR T dampeners and BMR panhard bar with a set of Forgestar F14s 20x9 20x11 and Nitto Invo tires 275/35 315/35

2011 Grabber Blue GT
Performance: Bassani Longtubes, Bassani Catback, JLT CAI, Boss intake manifold
Suspension: Ground Control coilovers, Whiteline front and rear sway bar, lower control arms, relocation bracket, wattslink, Steeda strut tower brace
Apperance: Saleen grille, Roush front facia Roush side and rear splitters, GT500 rear valence, GT500 rear spoiler, Forgestar F14 20x9 20x11
Old 07-31-2011
Apprentice

Any clearance issues?

2012 GT500
Old 07-31-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruWRXSTI View Post
Any clearance issues?
No clearance issues at all. Haven't rubbed since I got the wheels and tires and ive driven for almost 8k miles already.

2011 Grabber Blue GT
Performance: Bassani Longtubes, Bassani Catback, JLT CAI, Boss intake manifold
Suspension: Ground Control coilovers, Whiteline front and rear sway bar, lower control arms, relocation bracket, wattslink, Steeda strut tower brace
Apperance: Saleen grille, Roush front facia Roush side and rear splitters, GT500 rear valence, GT500 rear spoiler, Forgestar F14 20x9 20x11
Old 07-31-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hey swervo looks awesome! what did the wheels/tires cost ya? debating on these or RTRs...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in