Anyone use these Spring Isolators? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Anyone use these Spring Isolators?

Hey guys just want your opinion on this. So I've been having creaking in the rear from my M5300-p springs. I was hoping these will help. Can't hurt for $9.99. They seem to be a universal application. I found a guy with a 07 mustant using these so Im hoping they will fit my 2011. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Energy Suspension 9.6106 Coil Spring Isolators - Style A - 96106

2011 GT/CS 6MT . 3.73 Gears . 2014 Front-End . Cervini Stalker Hood . Roush TVS Supercharger . Roush Gauge Pod . JLT Oil Separator . GT500 Axle Back Exhaust . Roush Shift Knob . Roush Side Splitters . Roush Hood Struts . CDC Grille . Auto Meter Phantom II Boost Gauge . GT500 Mud Guards . 20/50% Tint . GT500 Brembo Kit . Powerslot Rotors . Koni STR.T . FRPP-P Springs . Boyo Front/Rear Camera w/ 3.5 Display . Hardwired V1 Radar . Alpine Perfect Fit Navi . 19" Forgestar CF5's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011
PONY Member

I have the same springs installed and get the same creaking from the rear. If you do get these, let us know if they work.

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed50 View Post
I have the same springs installed and get the same creaking from the rear. If you do get these, let us know if they work.
I will let you know. If these don't work I am pulling them out and putting something else on.

2011 GT/CS 6MT . 3.73 Gears . 2014 Front-End . Cervini Stalker Hood . Roush TVS Supercharger . Roush Gauge Pod . JLT Oil Separator . GT500 Axle Back Exhaust . Roush Shift Knob . Roush Side Splitters . Roush Hood Struts . CDC Grille . Auto Meter Phantom II Boost Gauge . GT500 Mud Guards . 20/50% Tint . GT500 Brembo Kit . Powerslot Rotors . Koni STR.T . FRPP-P Springs . Boyo Front/Rear Camera w/ 3.5 Display . Hardwired V1 Radar . Alpine Perfect Fit Navi . 19" Forgestar CF5's

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
GT Member

Those are exactly what you need. Any spring work on the GT or bmw that I've done always have those at the top. I can't imagine not using those.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Those are exactly what you need. Any spring work on the GT or bmw that I've done always have those at the top. I can't imagine not using those.
Well the car comes with them stock, these are just replacement polyurethane ones. Hopefully a little better. I only ordered the bottom ones tho. That is what seems to be the issue. Lets hope these work!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

The poly urethane bushings won't be quieter than factory, but provide less squish and longer life.

What I would recommend is brand new factory replacement Ford parts to keep the noise and harshness to stock levels, but if you get the Energy Suspension ones, get the black, not the red. The black ES parts are graphite impregnated and will reduce the chance of squeaking.

Just out of curiosity, how old and how many miles are on the stock bushings, and how long have the new springs been installed?

2015 Mustang GT PP 401A Black | Roush Supercharger
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

My car is only 2 months old. The springs have been on for about a month and a half. I noticed creaking as soon as they were put on. I'm so disgusted with them I am read to rip them out and put steedas in.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I find it highly unlikely that swapping the springs will cure your creaking noises unless the springs you currently have are installed incorrectly, or if one of the spring isolators are missing or screwed up. It's also possible that some of the bolts in the rear suspension were not tightened correctly, either too loose or too tight, when the spring swap was done, causing the noises you're hearing.

Do a little more looking over the car for other causes before you spend money on the springs.

2015 Mustang GT PP 401A Black | Roush Supercharger
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
I find it highly unlikely that swapping the springs will cure your creaking noises unless the springs you currently have are installed incorrectly, or if one of the spring isolators are missing or screwed up. It's also possible that some of the bolts in the rear suspension were not tightened correctly, either too loose or too tight, when the spring swap was done, causing the noises you're hearing.

Do a little more looking over the car for other causes before you spend money on the springs.
Thank you for your input. I plan on taking the car back to the shop hopefully Thursday when the isolators come in. I just hate knowing if I paid for the install to be done, why do I have to then go over the car again and figure this out. But I guess thats what might need to be done. Supposedly the rear springs aren't too bad to install anyway. I just now need to find a DIY on it. Im just getting the urge to get some nice shock as well. Idk if this is needed right now. Especially after dropping a ton on the S/C lol :hihi:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
creaking , isolators , springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page