Advancetrac problem - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Advancetrac problem

"Service Advancetrac" appeared on the dash screen today, pretty much without warning, and i was just wondering if anyone had anything similar happen to them, i have a tune and lowered suspension (i am not saying they are the cause)i just would like to have as much info before i go to the dealership on tuesday in case they try and through those reasons at me, any info is appreciated

thanks

2012 Mustang GT/ CS, Steeda CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, bama tunes, Eibach Suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011
Banned

You can count on them throwing that reason at you as well as any other problems the car has! You say your tire is leaking air? It's because of the tune!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011
PONY Member

I can hear it now... "You're not supposed to abuse this high performance vehicle by making it perform better. Warranty voided."

Jim

Murphy was an optimist.

2011 GT Premium, Sterling Gray, 401A, 6MT, 3.73, 19" Brembo, Nav, Security, HID, Rear video, Boss 302 mufflers, Raxiom smoked taillights

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
GT Member

Unless you are willing to write off your warranty, which some are, tunes will bite you. Gotta wait 1096 days to sleep well at night.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

i figured they will give me that, but if it does turn out to be something like a snapped cable i can tell them to shove their excuses somewhere lol.

2012 Mustang GT/ CS, Steeda CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, bama tunes, Eibach Suspension
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
Apprentice

About a week after getting my 5.0, I got the same message when I went over a set of railroad tracks. My office is just over the tracks, so I pulled into the lot, parked, and shut everything down. Then I restarted, hoping something would reset. It did not. At the end of the day, headed home, it finally did reset itself after about driving about a mile. 10,500 miles later and it has never reoccurred.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake0389 View Post
"Service Advancetrac" appeared on the dash screen today, pretty much without warning, and i was just wondering if anyone had anything similar happen to them, i have a tune and lowered suspension (i am not saying they are the cause)i just would like to have as much info before i go to the dealership on tuesday in case they try and through those reasons at me, any info is appreciated

thanks
When you are getting your ''Service Advancetrac" does it come on when you are moving, steering, or at a stop? Plus are you having any other issues when it comes on, and how long does it stay on for?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

it came on originally when i was driving, i stopped at a buddy's house, didn't turn the car off when i started to pull away it came on ( the bottom of his driveway has a small 2inch drop that i always take slow) it hasn't turned off since, it always comes on when i turn the car on its there right away, and so far driving as been no different... i don't even feel it is off it rides exactly as it did before pushing or pushing and holding the trac button doesn't do anything it just beeps at be a couple of times.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011

Quote:
it came on originally when i was driving, i stopped at a buddy's house, didn't turn the car off when i started to pull away it came on ( the bottom of his driveway has a small 2inch drop that i always take slow) it hasn't turned off since, it always comes on when i turn the car on its there right away, and so far driving as been no different... i don't even feel it is off it rides exactly as it did before pushing or pushing and holding the trac button doesn't do anything it just beeps at be a couple of times.

I know I had an a issue with my service advancetrac every time I turned my steering wheel it would come on, and my power steering went out as well. It end up being my steering rack was going bad, and they replaced it and has not come back since. I also read somebody else had the same issue you are having, and I believe it ended up being a bad break switch which was causing it. I would defiantly take it in and get it checked out. Sorry I could not be much more help, but when you do find out what the issue is I would like to know. Good luck on getting the issue resolved.
Apprentice

I had the advancetrac light go on, with no other symptoms present, and it turned out it was just a brake sensor. They replaced it, cleared the code, I was out in 45 minutes. Good luck

-- A Tribute to Ridiculous Signatures -- 2011 Mustang GT -- Performance White -- Charcoal Black Leather -- Borla S-Type Exhaust -- FRPP Boss Gauge Pod -- Boss Steering Wheel -- V6PP 19" Rims -- Sh!t Ton of Wheel Locks -- Viper Paging Alarm -- Baseball Bat -- GT500 Splash Guards -- :hihi:
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

thanks for all the responses, going in today to get it looked at.

Apprentice

Please let us know how it went man. Hope it worked out ok.

-- A Tribute to Ridiculous Signatures -- 2011 Mustang GT -- Performance White -- Charcoal Black Leather -- Borla S-Type Exhaust -- FRPP Boss Gauge Pod -- Boss Steering Wheel -- V6PP 19" Rims -- Sh!t Ton of Wheel Locks -- Viper Paging Alarm -- Baseball Bat -- GT500 Splash Guards -- :hihi:
Rookie

Quote:

thanks
I had this problem with my car before I drove it off the lot the first time. The dealership replaced some electronic control module and all has been fine since. Sounded like it module was by the transmission FWIW.

2012 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (order 2/1, vin 4/9, build 4/26, eta 5/12)
401A | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembo Pkg | Elec Pkg | Dual Zone A/C | RR Sns/Sec Pkg | Rear Video | Comfort Pkg
First Mods: Roush Axle Backs | JLT Oil Sep | Steeda CAI | Steeda Tune
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

just got off the phone, they say there was no issue, just the error codes so they cleared them and test drove (something i hate...someone other then me driving my car...) and nothing came up. i guess i must have hit a bump that confused the computer.... i just hope it doesn't come back, leaving for vacation and doing alot of driving in the next two weeks. thanks for all the tips everyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advanctrac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page