Barton shift bracket= awesome!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Barton shift bracket= awesome!!

Great great product! Last time I went to the track the car would just absolutely not want to shift, installed the new shift bracket yesterday and went to the track last night. Best run was a 13.00, pissed cause the track was slick I couldnt get a great launch, ran 5 passes w a slow of 13.20. Anyways the car shifted awesome 2nd to 3rd was smooth as silk. Can't believe the bracket helped that much but a definate definate buy for anyone w the manual trans!!
Also my buddy just bought a new f150 single cab 2 wheel drive w a 5.0. He has a basic superchips programer and about 800 miles on the truck other then the programmer all stock. He ran a slow pass of 14.91 and 3 passes at 14.58, very impressive if you ask me. The 5.0 is a great motor,thought I would share :-)

2011 base 5.0 6mt, 3.73, ingot silver, magnaflo competition catback, upr off road x pipe, Boss intake, Barton shift bracket, j&m lower control arms,Shaftmasters one-piece ds, bmr core support/sway bar delete, jlt coldair, bama 91 race tune, nitto nt555 255/45-18. Best Et's:
Street tire: [email protected] 2.02 60ft
Slicks: [email protected] 1.62 60ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
GT Member

Good Review. I bought the JHR bracket and love how it shifts. It was also cheaper than the Barton bracket.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
GT Member

just what I like hearing, I just ordered the Barton shifter/bracket combo from American Muscle, cant wait for it to arrive

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
Rookie

I installed my Barton shifter bracket Saturday. Shifting from 1-2 is much more enjoyable, I do notice an increase in noise.

Side note: I got an intermittant check engine light on the way to work this morning, not sure if it's even possible for this to be related to installing the bracket - installation seemed pretty idiot proof

2011 GT 5.0, KONA BLUE, Coupe, MT-82 Manual 6-speed Transmission, 3.73 Limited Slip Rear End, Roush Axle-Backs, Roush CAI, Barton Shifter and Bracket, Eibach Sport-System-Plus, Eibach Pro-Alignment LCAs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BAMA Tuned, Staggered Mickey Thompson Street Comp, JPC Racing Adjustable UCA, ProCharged!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
GT Member

^^not related Im sure

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I showed my wife (ex-design engineer) an online picture of the stock Ford bracket that comes from the factory, cut rubber, zip-ties and all....then compared it to the Barton bracket for her.

http://v6mustangperformance.com/wp-c...3/DSC00487.jpg

She just looked at the stock piece cross-ways, muttered something about dimensions, clearances and quality, shook her head, and walked away.

Needless to say, I'm ordering the Barton bracket today. It's more expensive than the JHR, but looks a little more solid and should do a better job than the stock POS.

07 GT Vista Blue, Auto, C&L CAI, 3.73 gears, Alternative Auto 93 Tune, 5% Tint, Stripes, 18x9 front/18x10 rears - SOLD

12 GT Black, 6-speed, brembos, 3.73 gears
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
Rookie

The JHR bracket is much more simple, no bolts to back out or anything, and just happens to be at a lower price - my 2 cents, love mine!
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
PONY Member

I have the JHR and paired it with the Steeda Tri-Ax. Even with the bracket alone should be a major improvement over Ford's crap.

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notarad View Post
The JHR bracket is much more simple, no bolts to back out or anything, and just happens to be at a lower price - my 2 cents, love mine!
Yup, and it's a nice thick aluminum bracket. That's why I didn't go with the Barton bracket. I didn't want to have to mess with the 4 little screws and getting an allen wrench in there. With the JHR, you bolt on and drive. To each there own, they all do the same thing and do wonders for this transmission.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Anything is better than the stock pos, bailing wire and shoe gu woulda worked just as well:kooky:
Just went with Barton cause it looked like a very good quality piece

2011 base 5.0 6mt, 3.73, ingot silver, magnaflo competition catback, upr off road x pipe, Boss intake, Barton shift bracket, j&m lower control arms,Shaftmasters one-piece ds, bmr core support/sway bar delete, jlt coldair, bama 91 race tune, nitto nt555 255/45-18. Best Et's:
Street tire: [email protected] 2.02 60ft
Slicks: [email protected] 1.62 60ft
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the review I'm still deciding if I want to upgrade or not.To be honest I have not had any issues with the stock set up but ofcourse I recognize the superior quality of the aftermarket parts.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
Apprentice

Installed my Barton last night. Shifting is much crisper now. I wouldn't call it smooth. Shifts are now very defined with a nice audible click on every shift. 2-3 is devine. Best money I've spent so far.

2011 Ingot Silver GT MT82, MGW, Lethal H pipe, Bama 93R Ghost Cam, 3:73's
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearjunky View Post
Installed my Barton last night. Shifting is much crisper now. I wouldn't call it smooth. Shifts are now very defined with a nice audible click on every shift. 2-3 is devine. Best money I've spent so far.
Bracket, shifter or both?

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Bracket, shifter or both?

Bracket only. Gonna wait a while for shifter. I'd hate for my trans to start acting up and Ford blame my shifter. 7000 miles right now and it has good days and bad days.

2011 Ingot Silver GT MT82, MGW, Lethal H pipe, Bama 93R Ghost Cam, 3:73's
PONY Member

Mine under my desk at work... I may have 2hrs this evening... but not sure if that'll be enough time to get it done...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page