Getting rid of the 5.0 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Getting rid of the 5.0

I have enjoyed the new Mustang, but do to personal reasons I have decided to sell it. Too many cars, too many payments, this is the one I am sitting the best in to sell. Wanted to say so long to y'all. I hope that I have been helpful to those that have asked. I will be de-modding my car to sell it in stock form. I'll post info in the classifieds as soon as I can.

2014 GT - DIB - A6 - 3.15's - JLT - o/r x - GT500 ab

SOLD - 2011 GT - White - M6 - 3.31's - bolt ons and slicks
1/8 mile: 7.45 @ 91.86mph, 1.60 60ft (ECDW, Holt, Florida)
1/4 mile: 11.83 @ 117.97mph, 1.64 60ft (SGMP, Valdosta, Georgia)

Last edited by Snackmaster; 08-03-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: No buying or selling the general forums - please use the classifieds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member

imsure youll pic another up when the time is right.

35th Anni. Laser Red 3.8 coupe
ET: 1/8-9.892 @71.57 ET: 1/4-15.452 @88.06
4.6 60' 2.195 ET 14.205 MPH 99.44

98 Ranger XLT 4x4 Oxford White 3.0 M/T
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
BOSS Member

Garage
Sorry about your loss. We gotta do what we gotta do sometimes.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
Apprentice

Is that the competition cat-back that you've got there?

2011 GT MT82 - Boss I.M. - BBK LTH - Custom OR-X - Custom Exhaust - AED E85 Tune - FRPP 47lb/hr Injectors - UMI Adjustable Panhard - JPC Adjustable UCA - UMI LCA's - BMR LCA Relocation - Rear Seat X-Brace - Front STB - Anti Roll Bar - FRPP K Springs - Koni STR.T Struts - GT500 Strut Mounts - Strange Adjustable Shocks - MGW Shifter - JHR Clutch Line - Exedy Mach 600 Clutch - Billet Flywheel - Seperate Clutch Fluid Reservoir w/ Dot 5 Fluid - Nitto 555r 305/40R18 - Weight: 3380 w/ Driver
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawik99 View Post
imsure youll pic another up when the time is right.
Join the Club! I Too am tired of Gambling on this Glass Motor(#8 BS), gonna use my Mod money
As a downpayment on an '08+ Vette.....

2011 Race Red Auto
RoushCharged Vert
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboba6 View Post
Join the Club! I Too am tired of Gambling on this Glass Motor(#8 BS), gonna use my Mod money
Wow, do you think it's really that bad? Seems like only a few people have had the #8 issue.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

yeah, agree C6 vette is a great car, but 2012 has a dire outlook economy wise...good move to play it safe.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboba6 View Post
Good luck with that. Trade a glass motor for a glass drivetrain. LOLOLOL. And multiply the mods cost x10. An average axle back (not slowmaster junk) will cost you almost $1000. The grass is not greener. And if your drivetrain holds up, then the roof will rattle. Or the drivers seat will rock and deteriorate so fast your head will spin. Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL.

As for experience. I had an 07 C6 with an A&A vortech for almost 3 years. It was a nightmare of a car to own.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

I am a gearhead!!! I am not a Ford guy, GM guy, Mopar guy, but a gearhead!!! The comments on this thread bashing other cars/makes/brands are not a reflection of me, nor my preference. I actually have a fast Mustang, '05 GTO and an 02 Camaro. Corvettes are nice cars, light and fast, I'd love to have one. The new Mustang GT is the shizzzz. I love it, and barring my personal reasons for selling it, I am not getting rid of it due to any problem that I have had, or anyone else has had. Ford has dealt with/fixed anything that has been wrong with mine. They also know of my mods and will continue to warranty repair any future problems short of being caused by the mods. My clutch issues were repaired under warranty, and once I put a rush on it, cause I was taking it to a drag race out of town...all while modded... no cats, tuned with cai... they sold me the freaking 2010 brake stuff to fit the skinnies on the front, which it wore to be serviced... No complaints by me. Good luck with the vette, I'm jealous. Sorry about the luck with the GT, not all have the #8 issue.

2014 GT - DIB - A6 - 3.15's - JLT - o/r x - GT500 ab

SOLD - 2011 GT - White - M6 - 3.31's - bolt ons and slicks
1/8 mile: 7.45 @ 91.86mph, 1.60 60ft (ECDW, Holt, Florida)
1/4 mile: 11.83 @ 117.97mph, 1.64 60ft (SGMP, Valdosta, Georgia)

Last edited by Snackmaster; 08-03-2011 at 03:19 PM.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I've had to do the same with my bikes before but in the end it will work out for ya heck I waited almost 20 years to get a new Mustang lol

I hope you stick around even if you are selling your Stang and good luck in whatever you do my brother.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szendreivail View Post
I Too am selling my 2011 5.0, but not for the reasons you are. I hate this car. after 3 days of bringing it home i noticed stuff that i hated. I never had a issue with the car mechanically, and it is a great car for daily driving without traffic.

First thing i noticed, didnt "feel" fast. Its numbers were good and it definately didnt feel slow, i dont want a sports car or GT thats only fast on paper. I even bought it knowing it fealt slow, i test drove it right after a corvette and it fealt like a 335i. I wish i got a 335i over this, i would have saved 5 grand and prescious time and the hastle of selling it, buying/registering/insuring a new car.

Secondly, it sounds like F'ing turds from factory. The engine does sound good in the car, great actually, but not from the back. When i go through a tunnel i wanna hear my car singggg. Sound is nothing like Chevy Either, Sorry Fan Boys, but chevy sounds way better, not opinion, its a fact. No over rev like chevy which is why i will buy american until i am a multi millionair (well maybe GTR)

3rd. Not Comfortable for tall people. I am 6'3 and this car is not built for me. The upper part of the seat curves a bit and it curves for a 5''9-5'11 person and where it curves on me is not right. All you tall guys saying its comfortable, compared to what? Your old mustang. DUH, cuz those are the least comfortable cars in the world. You guys must have horrible posture. If your tall, well built, with good posture, this car will hurt your back...

...The most important reason for my getting rid of my 5.0, part of 3rd thing i hate, is the way that the knee angles from the seat is ruining my knee. Whether it be my ligaments or tendons or cartiledge, its ruining something in there and i have to get rid of this car soon before it starts a problem in which i will sue ford. I will lose but still ill do it just so ford wastes 30,000 on lawyer, court fees, and miscellanious (spelling?) Just like i wasted 30,000 on "Sports Car". Never have i ever had a problem with clutches and my knee or anything. If im too far back it sucks baddd and if i move up close enough to not hurt my knee, my knees hit the steering wheel and dash. In the middle isnt comfortable. It sucks....

I HATE THIS CAR. I would have just said that to outline all this long stuff but i didnt because i would sound like a chevy or bmw fan boy.

Let's get something straight. I AM NOT A FAN BOY. I AM A SPORTS CAR ENTHUSIAST, PETROLHEAD, GEARHEAD, whatever you call someone who appreciates fast cars.

This 5.0. is soooooo sooo sooo much better than the new camaro it isnt even funny. I Love chevy but they ruined the camaro, Tried to make it handle but didnt, tried to make it fast but didnt, and tried to make it cool and didnt. Its actually less comfortable than this 5.0 too. I think my 2000 Camaro SS was more comfortable. Not as luxurious, but more comfortable for sure.

I wouldnt even care about the feeling of slowness with this car, i hated the comfort sooooo much that im selling a beautiful car like this. I absolutely hate this car because of that. It is such a good looking awesome mustang, but in the end,

IT's JUST A MUSTANG!
Each to his own. I'm leaning towards you being a troll (because of the small post count), but I'll bite and say that this reflects more on your lack of judgment when buying a car than it does on the Mustang. Nobody has to like a Mustang over other cars. But all of these things could have been noticed on a test drive. Yet you still purchased the car. Real smart. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Snackmaster; 08-03-2011 at 03:22 PM.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szendreivail View Post
I Too am selling my 2011 5.0, but not for the reasons you are. I hate this car. after 3 days of bringing it home i noticed stuff that i hated. I never had a issue with the car mechanically, and it is a great car for daily driving without traffic.

First thing i noticed, didnt "feel" fast. Its numbers were good and it definately didnt feel slow, i dont want a sports car or GT thats only fast on paper. I even bought it knowing it fealt slow, i test drove it right after a corvette and it fealt like a 335i. I wish i got a 335i over this, i would have saved 5 grand and prescious time and the hastle of selling it, buying/registering/insuring a new car.

Secondly, it sounds like F'ing turds from factory. The engine does sound good in the car, great actually, but not from the back. When i go through a tunnel i wanna hear my car singggg. Sound is nothing like Chevy Either, Sorry Fan Boys, but chevy sounds way better, not opinion, its a fact. No over rev like chevy which is why i will buy american until i am a multi millionair (well maybe GTR)

3rd. Not Comfortable for tall people. I am 6'3 and this car is not built for me. The upper part of the seat curves a bit and it curves for a 5''9-5'11 person and where it curves on me is not right. All you tall guys saying its comfortable, compared to what? Your old mustang. DUH, cuz those are the least comfortable cars in the world. You guys must have horrible posture. If your tall, well built, with good posture, this car will hurt your back...

...The most important reason for my getting rid of my 5.0, part of 3rd thing i hate, is the way that the knee angles from the seat is ruining my knee. Whether it be my ligaments or tendons or cartiledge, its ruining something in there and i have to get rid of this car soon before it starts a problem in which i will sue ford. I will lose but still ill do it just so ford wastes 30,000 on lawyer, court fees, and miscellanious (spelling?) Just like i wasted 30,000 on "Sports Car". Never have i ever had a problem with clutches and my knee or anything. If im too far back it sucks baddd and if i move up close enough to not hurt my knee, my knees hit the steering wheel and dash. In the middle isnt comfortable. It sucks....

I HATE THIS CAR. I would have just said that to outline all this long stuff but i didnt because i would sound like a chevy or bmw fan boy.

Let's get something straight. I AM NOT A FAN BOY. I AM A SPORTS CAR ENTHUSIAST, PETROLHEAD, GEARHEAD, whatever you call someone who appreciates fast cars.

This 5.0. is soooooo sooo sooo much better than the new camaro it isnt even funny. I Love chevy but they ruined the camaro, Tried to make it handle but didnt, tried to make it fast but didnt, and tried to make it cool and didnt. Its actually less comfortable than this 5.0 too. I think my 2000 Camaro SS was more comfortable. Not as luxurious, but more comfortable for sure.

I wouldnt even care about the feeling of slowness with this car, i hated the comfort sooooo much that im selling a beautiful car like this. I absolutely hate this car because of that. It is such a good looking awesome mustang, but in the end,

IT's JUST A MUSTANG!

2012 Mustang GT Premium - Lava Red - Lava Red interior - 6R80 - Glass Roof - HID/SP - EP - RVC - RSS - CP - Remote Start
Ordered 4/30/11 VIN 5/26/11 Sticker Online 6/2/11 Build 6/8/11 ETA 6/29/11 ETA2 7/4/11 ETA3 7/11/11 Delivered 7/13/11

Last edited by Snackmaster; 08-03-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Banned

Good luck with that 335i. My best friend has a 2010 335i with a blown head gasket. On a V6 that would be just one bank of cylinders, but on an I6 that effects all cylinders!
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Mustang isnt for everyone but this guy posting the same rant x2 on here in one day...

Let me say this. Its "just a mustang" ->mustang outperforms 99% of the cars on the road = 99% of cars on the road are LESS than a mustang. Given that equation, i will happily take the mustang (given that its still the better muscle car) thank you very much. Also if its "just a mustang" what does that make all of those Porshe boxters/BMW 1-3series/Infinity G35/G37s/ Audi A-S series/ that alwys 100% of the time wind up in my rear view mirror? Pretty much just NOTHING if you ask me. Oh well Poor BMWs/infinities/audi's etc....it must suck for them being so consistently beaten by "just a mustang".

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Apprentice

What the heck is going on with the Tech section full of all this "selling" mustangs?

2011 GT Prem, Brembo, 401A, MT, YB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page