Custom Fog Lighting Wiring, Is This Even Possible? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Custom Fog Lighting Wiring, Is This Even Possible?

Hey all, forgive me if I'm being a nuisance with all of the fog light questions. As I mentioned in another post, I want to run both the stock GT Fogs and GT/CS Valance Fogs. I was wondering if there's a way to run the GT fogs with the headlights without using the fog switch and have them cut off and go to the lower ones when the switch is pulled. If this isn't even possible, I'll just wire in a second switch but I thought it would be cool to have this option. Thanks!

2012 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Ebony, Charcoal Leather, HID, 19" Machined Rims, Shaker 500, Comfort Package, Remote Start, Rear Sensing Package, GT/CS Valance, Hushpower AB, Pedestal Spoiler, Hood Scoop, Side Scoops, BOSS 302 Side Exhaust, Roush CAI, Custom '5.0' faux gas cap Delivered: 9-19-2011

2002 Mustang GT Convertible True Blue Metallic Traded In: 9-19-11 I'll miss her :-(

DD: 2013 Taurus LTD Ingot Silver, 302A Spec, Moonroof, Navigation, 20" Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Problem is that if you're asking you're not really familiar with relay wiring and what you're looking to do involves wiring multiple relays in series. On top of this you'd need to decide whether you want to keep the factory wiring intact for warranty purposes, which complicates things further.

If you're not familiar with wiring if you were to see the amount of wiring involved you wouldn't be able to follow the schematic even if I posted it.

My suggestion to you would be to keep it simple. Not trying to be a ****, just trying to keep you from biting off more than you can chew.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky View Post
Problem is that if you're asking you're not really familiar with relay wiring and what you're looking to do involves wiring multiple relays in series. On top of this you'd need to decide whether you want to keep the factory wiring intact for warranty purposes, which complicates things further.

If you're not familiar with wiring if you were to see the amount of wiring involved you wouldn't be able to follow the schematic even if I posted it.

My suggestion to you would be to keep it simple. Not trying to be a ****, just trying to keep you from biting off more than you can chew.

I don't think you're being a ****. Thanks for the help. I figured it would be a pain in the @$$ but I figured I'd ask anyway. I think I'm either going to track down a Roush Fog Harness or just buy a generic fog light harness at Pep Boys or something and wire in another switch. Thanks for your help!

2012 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Ebony, Charcoal Leather, HID, 19" Machined Rims, Shaker 500, Comfort Package, Remote Start, Rear Sensing Package, GT/CS Valance, Hushpower AB, Pedestal Spoiler, Hood Scoop, Side Scoops, BOSS 302 Side Exhaust, Roush CAI, Custom '5.0' faux gas cap Delivered: 9-19-2011

2002 Mustang GT Convertible True Blue Metallic Traded In: 9-19-11 I'll miss her :-(

DD: 2013 Taurus LTD Ingot Silver, 302A Spec, Moonroof, Navigation, 20" Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page