p219a code? anyone else have this? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 130 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimera View Post
I have been following this thread and was glad I had not see any codes running my o/r H and Brenspeed 93 Race Tune. I have ran this set up for over 6 months at least with no issues at all.

However, I was on my way to my father's house yesterday, and I got a cel. I went back home and it came back as the P219B. I called Brenspeed to advise and this was first they had heard of it. They suggested I clear the code and reload the tune which I did. No issues so far after about 80 miles (knock on wood).

Someone earlier had a theory that it may be due to cold weather. Maybe this is a reason some of the cel are just now showing up? I am reading there are alot of false alarms with this code coming up.
I dealt with my codes in late august and most of september when it was still in the 60-70's...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member

Quote:
I have been following this thread and was glad I had not see any codes running my o/r H and Brenspeed 93 Race Tune. I have ran this set up for over 6 months at least with no issues at all.

However, I was on my way to my father's house yesterday, and I got a cel. I went back home and it came back as the P219B. I called Brenspeed to advise and this was first they had heard of it. They suggested I clear the code and reload the tune which I did. No issues so far after about 80 miles (knock on wood).

Someone earlier had a theory that it may be due to cold weather. Maybe this is a reason some of the cel are just now showing up? I am reading there are alot of false alarms with this code coming up.
Did they adjust your tune or just have you clear the code? Keep us updated and let us know how yours is coming along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnblk5.0 View Post
I dealt with my codes in late august and most of september when it was still in the 60-70's...
How long has it been since you had an issue?
Jon sent you a re-tune to correct the issue, right?

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #63 of 130 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung View Post
Did they adjust your tune or just have you clear the code? Keep us updated and let us know how yours is coming along.

How long has it been since you had an issue?
Jon sent you a re-tune to correct the issue, right?
i have not had an issue with mine since lund fixed it. the car is in storage now but it has almost 2k miles since my last tune and no issues. even back in october when it was cold like in the high 30's still no problems.

chris, im going to PM you about this issue.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung View Post
For now I just cleared the code and reloaded the tune. The first and only time it has happened was yesterday.

2011 GT/CS - Red Candy Metallic - Automatic Transmission - Steeda Cold Air Intake - Brenspeed 93 Race Tune - Lethal Performance Offroad H-Pipe - Ford Racing GT500 Axleback Exhaust - Brake Performance Premium Dimpled Drilled and Slotted Rotors - Shaftmasters 3.5 Aluminum Drive Shaft

Last edited by Dimera; 11-29-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling
PONY Member

Mnblk5.0 have u tried spark plug non foulers? I understand that these sometimes don't work on newer cars or mustangs. But a member johnrichard has a 2012 boss with lts and full exhaust in this thread he explains how he used 18mm non foulers took care of the cel. On my 03 hemi ram I ran lts full single 3in exhaust with hi flow cat and muffler. I used one non fouler by the cat . The cel came on after 1k miles. Then I read on this dodge fourm you can use stainless steel wool and put some inside the non fouler. So I did and the cel never came on ever . This is the thread I'm talkin about. Hope this helps. BTW if u see this johnrichard plz chime in on this. https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-pleaseee.html

names Alex
2013 premium GT race red, order 3/23/12 ,doa 5/3/12
roush axle backs,pypes x pipe,resonator deletes, jlt oil catch can,20% tint, sr pc blk strut tower bar, painted engine bay and airaid cai, 93R] Bama tune, full roush splitters,cs rear diffuser,stillen gen 1 chin splitter, am black billet hidden fog light grille.Ford p springs, koni Orange struts, shocks, gt500 mounts, eibach sways, umi lca+reloc brak, 19x9.5 sve pc gloss blk wheels, cooper ra3 275/40/19 tires
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnblk5.0 View Post
i have not had an issue with mine since lund fixed it. the car is in storage now but it has almost 2k miles since my last tune and no issues. even back in october when it was cold like in the high 30's still no problems.

chris, im going to PM you about this issue.
Greg, I got your email, thank you! Our Lead Calibrator Mike Wilson informed me that he called and touched base with you regarding this. He will keep you up to date and as always, please contact me directly if you have any further questions/concerns. Have a great night!

Quote:
For now I just cleared the code and reloaded the tune. The first and only time it has happened was yesterday.
Okay, please keep me updated and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions in the future. I know you aren't running our tune, but I'd still like to see a fix made for this and if it can benefit you as well, that would be ideal! Take care! Good luck!

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Apprentice

I was thinking and do you think it is possible that oil in the intake manifold (from blow by) could concievably cause a air/fuel bank1/2 imbalance reading?

Are the people getting the codes using oil separators?

I don't use one. Not yet at least.

Does this seam plausable what I am thinking as a possible cause?

The day I got my P219B I had ran the hell out of my car the night before.

2011 GT/CS - Red Candy Metallic - Automatic Transmission - Steeda Cold Air Intake - Brenspeed 93 Race Tune - Lethal Performance Offroad H-Pipe - Ford Racing GT500 Axleback Exhaust - Brake Performance Premium Dimpled Drilled and Slotted Rotors - Shaftmasters 3.5 Aluminum Drive Shaft
Rookie

first post here lol, but anyway..... Ive got a lethal o/r x, C&L intake and Lund 93 cam and performance tunes...Zero problems for the last 10k miles switching between these tunes until last night the temperature dropped to 27 degrees..drove the car for 15 minutes and the P219B code popped up. I erased it and ill keep everyone updated

-Patrick
2011 Mustang 5.0
Kona Blue-400A pkg-6spd-3.73 Gear
Lethal o/r x-Magnaflow Comp Catback-C&L Intake-Lund Tunes-MSD 2step-Line Lock-M/Tdr's
Site Sponsor

The P219a and P219b are coming on because of the colder temperatures, from what it looks like. SCT is working on adding the ability to keep the code from popping up and we should have something to fix it within the next week.

This code can happen on any SCT custom tune from any company, and it's not an actual problem in the tune or harmful to the performance of the vehicle. It's a very temperamental sensor and colder temperatures don't help them read accurately. It may not be FULLY attributed to temperature, but it's obviously bringing out a few cases. Winter brings out crazy things in cars, from fuel quality being sub-par for winter months to colder temperatures. Either way, this is luckily an easy fix and won't affect driveability, power, safety, etc.

If the code came on for the actual reason it was intended to (because of an air/fuel ratio imbalance), that would affect performance, etc. These cases are all as a byproduct of something else, causing the sensor to believe that is the case.

No big deal, but annoying - I can imagine! We'll have this fixed and update soon!

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
PONY Member

Yes I have a oil seperator and keep getting the code.

Originally Posted by unreal
Sounds good, so when does my new tune show up?

"Mike has been at the track with our project car all afternoon/this evening. I will make sure that he gets you an updated tune on Monday.
Thank you very kindly for your patience and understanding!"

This is the second time Bama has said they would get me new tunes and then I wait and dont' hear anything. Chris said I would get a updated Tune on Monday and it is now Friday. Bama needs to do something about their service for people who are having trouble with thier tunes. They keep dropping the ball.

2012 Candy Red GT Premium
2006 Corvette Z06
PONY Member

Made it 140 miles this time before it came back on. Having to reset a code every 60-140 miles is very annoying.

2012 Candy Red GT Premium
2006 Corvette Z06
Rookie

Mine came on again this morning after about 80 miles of more driving.. It is getting annoying..If you guys at American Muscle can find a cure for this i'll pay to get the 3 tunes..been wantin to try them out anyway but i'll wait until the fix

-Patrick
2011 Mustang 5.0
Kona Blue-400A pkg-6spd-3.73 Gear
Lethal o/r x-Magnaflow Comp Catback-C&L Intake-Lund Tunes-MSD 2step-Line Lock-M/Tdr's
PONY Member

Quote:
The P219a and P219b are coming on because of the colder temperatures, from what it looks like. SCT is working on adding the ability to keep the code from popping up and we should have something to fix it within the next week.

This code can happen on any SCT custom tune from any company, and it's not an actual problem in the tune or harmful to the performance of the vehicle. It's a very temperamental sensor and colder temperatures don't help them read accurately. It may not be FULLY attributed to temperature, but it's obviously bringing out a few cases. Winter brings out crazy things in cars, from fuel quality being sub-par for winter months to colder temperatures. Either way, this is luckily an easy fix and won't affect driveability, power, safety, etc.
I agree the only time this code has popped up for me is when its 10 degrees or less. Very weird usually after I delete it the code does not come back for a while might add it pops up once in a blue moon.

20 x 8.5 - 10 TSW Nurburgring rims, 255/45/20 Nitto Invo, 315/30/20 R888 Toyo Proxes, Steeda LCA, Steeda Panhard bar, Roush UCA, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit, Eibach coilovers, C&L CAI, Kooks 1 -3/4 Kooks headers and offroad x-pipe, Magnaflow street series cat back, Boss 302 intake, AED tune, Circle D 3700 stall, FRPP 3.31, DSS carbon fiber drive shaft, Vortech JT 8 rib kit 3.48 pulley, ID 1000 injectors, Fore Innovations return style fuel system, LMR braided brake lines.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post

If the code came on for the actual reason it was intended to (because of an air/fuel ratio imbalance), that would affect performance, etc. These cases are all as a byproduct of something else, causing the sensor to believe that is the case.

No big deal, but annoying - I can imagine! We'll have this fixed and update soon!
CEL back after 500 miles. 2nd time but still annoying. Anxiously waiting for an update on this for a resolution.

Site Sponsor

Quote:
CEL back after 500 miles. 2nd time but still annoying. Anxiously waiting for an update on this for a resolution.

When was the most recent tune sent to you? Could you please PM me your most recent tune order number so that I may confirm you are the most up to date with a possible tune to resolve this issue for you. We have been waiting on SCT for assistance in correcting a "back-end" issue for these and we are pretty confident that this should be resolved very shortly.

It definitely is annoying and we want to correct it for you immediately. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience and we can go from there! Have a great night!

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page