p219a code? anyone else have this? - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

They are supposed to get rid of the code tomorrow with a new tune. Doubt it though. They've tried 4 alreadh

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Black 5.0 bone stock (for now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Just an update. Got a call over the weekend saying a new tune would be here to fix this issue no later than Monday. I'm still waiting. They pointed the finger at Diablo saying they needed to push an update to bama so they can rewrite their tunes. I may just sell my tuner and go to another tuner. The main reason I went to AM is because of the #8 warranty and free tunes. Lol. Anyone know of any better ones? Lund maybe?

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastucker View Post
Just an update. Got a call over the weekend saying a new tune would be here to fix this issue no later than Monday. I'm still waiting. They pointed the finger at Diablo saying they needed to push an update to bama so they can rewrite their tunes. I may just sell my tuner and go to another tuner. The main reason I went to AM is because of the #8 warranty and free tunes. Lol. Anyone know of any better ones? Lund maybe?

They did the same thing and blamed Diablosport with me. But they fixed my issue about a month or two ago.

I hear AED is a good tuner since he makes you do data logs to writing a tune. He requires a SCT tuner just FYI

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhogger View Post
They did the same thing and blamed Diablosport with me. But they fixed my issue about a month or two ago.

I hear AED is a good tuner since he makes you do data logs to writing a tune. He requires a SCT tuner just FYI
Fantastic........ :/ lol and yeah mike called me and said its diablo. Lol. And I called again today and they said to wait until Thursday. This is getting old

Apprentice

2 months and still no official fix..

Rookie

O/R x-pipe

You have a common problem. The way to fix this mechanically is to buy the Raptor truck primary O2's . That will fix your tuner issue with code P219a
Apprentice

Really? ^ First time I here about this.

Rookie

Im having this code but p219b It came from no where. The car was running fine for 6 months the mods are long tube headers, off road x pipe, custome tune. An suggestion what could cause this? the difference is that my car is a v6 2011
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamby View Post
Im having this code but p219b It came from no where. The car was running fine for 6 months the mods are long tube headers, off road x pipe, custome tune. An suggestion what could cause this? the difference is that my car is a v6 2011

Check thoroughly for exhaust leaks then contact your tuner.
Rookie

Update my extension went bad and damage the sensor. I was told to use raptor sensor. Have any one tried this on a v6 to eliminate the extensions?
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamby View Post
Update my extension went bad and damage the sensor. I was told to use raptor sensor. Have any one tried this on a v6 to eliminate the extensions?

Yes there is someone who tried but they don't work. Different connectors.

Rough Idle - Page 5 - Mustang Problem Diagnosis - *******************

Raptor on top, Mustang V6 on bottom

Mustang V6 on left, Raptor on right

Quote:
So instead of returning the Raptor O2 sensor I decided to cut the connector off and solder on a connector from an old, bad O2 sensor. Removed the current bad sensor and the extension cables, installed the new Raptor one, cleared codes, cleared KAM, reloaded tune, started engine and idle is normal. Check data logging...no signal from the O2 sensor. sigh One thing I have learned from all of this, if the sensor isn't returning anything the computer will actually ignore it and will adjust the A/F ratio based on the other bank's O2 sensor. However, if the sensor is returning bad numbers like the last bad sensor was doing, the computer will still adjust A/F ratio and cause it to run very rich.
PONY Member

Just got this code (p219a) last night. Have yet to contact my tuner (its saturday). Car runs ok still but have not hammered it since the light came on. Mods are vortech blower and accompanying compnents, long tubes, X pipe, no cats, magnaflow comp. mufflers. Will jack the car up hopefully tomorrow to check exhaust, but all should be fine as it was double checked after the motor swap 300 miles ago, and again before tuning a few days after the swap. Frustrating....

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 TJIN EDITION
Vortech, M6 & MGW, ALUMINATOR 598/495 on 7psi 91 pump. too much to list...

2012 Chevy Cruze TJIN EDITION
Custom intercooler,magnaflow exhaust, too much to list too!
PONY Member

You guys should not be using extensions. That is the cause of your problems. The stock harness can be unclipped at the top of the tranny and provide you with all the length you need. Do NOT use extensions.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmach View Post
You guys should not be using extensions. That is the cause of your problems. The stock harness can be unclipped at the top of the tranny and provide you with all the length you need. Do NOT use extensions.

Releasing the harness only applies to the 5.0, the 3.7 doesn't seem to have the same luxury. They need to find another solution.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Releasing the harness only applies to the 5.0, the 3.7 doesn't seem to have the same luxury. They need to find another solution.
This is the GT section. Didn't realize we had to discuss about six bangers.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page