p219a code? anyone else have this? - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmach View Post
This is the GT section. Didn't realize we had to discuss about six bangers.

The fault code and diagnosis is the same. V6's aren't built on Mars, no need to start another thread in another section when the same info applies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Question

My stang is stock and i had the code twice. First time i got it, took it to the dealer and i was told it was bc of the ethanol. The guy told me that hes seen the code alot lately. He gave me a can of cleaner and told me to run the gas out and put the cleaner in with some fresh gas. I did. Ive only had the code twice so im not sure if the ethanol is to blame.

Jenn

~ Jenn ~
2013 Sterling Gray Metallic Premium GT
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsgmare View Post
My stang is stock and i had the code twice. First time i got it, took it to the dealer and i was told it was bc of the ethanol. The guy told me that hes seen the code alot lately. He gave me a can of cleaner and told me to run the gas out and put the cleaner in with some fresh gas. I did. Ive only had the code twice so im not sure if the ethanol is to blame.

Jenn
Interesting you say that, I saw where you said this and went and put injector cleaner in with a full tank, and so far I've gone 50 miles with no code. Not sure if it'll help or not. I know AM is no help. I've had this code since February.

2012 Black 5.0 bone stock (for now)

Rookie

Bringing back a dead thread.

I have a 2014 GT/CS I had the VMP Stage 3 Supercharger kit installed. The only exhaust mod is an axleback system. After about 1500-2000 miles it started getting colder (50's)and I threw the CEL P219a code, Cleared it and had no issues. But it popped up gain lastnight (37 degrees and Rain) wasn't running weird at all, Justins said its usually a header or x pipe leak, I have neither. Any Ideas???
Rookie

My 2014 GT/CS threw a code in January....completely stock. I took it into Ford and they were supposed to apply an update to fix the issue. Not sure if they really did that or just cleared the code.

Since then I did a muffler delete, which was dumb. Sounds ok, but holly sh** it drones an 2K on the highway. (from what i was told there was no drone....BS). About 2 weeks after the muffler delete the code popped back up. about 50F outside.
I'll be changing the exhaust and then will clear the code and keep everyone updated if it pops back up. FYI...i drive the GT about half the week. I prob. put about 150 miles on it when the code returned.

Not to hijack this...But if anyone has any good links or suggestions for an muffler/resonators which add some aggressiveness to the car, but not a ton....I drive 20 miles to work on the highway...must have no drone. I've heard the GT500 mufflers add a little and have no drone. Opinions?
Thanks in advance and i'll update you on the code situation.
Rookie

Update = The code cleared itself after about 30 miles of driving at 65-70 degrees F.
Apprentice

Si did anyone ever find out how to fix it? I just got this on my car a 2014 mustang gt. Last thing I did was clean the air filter from my steeda cai. Car seems to run fine but after if I clear it, it comes back the next morning it's a bit cold I suppose. Another issue I'm having after installing my shorty jba headers and h pipe on the passenger side I hear something rubbing or leaking not sure. Any of you run into this issue as well?
Apprentice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarp View Post
My 2014 GT/CS threw a code in January....completely stock. I took it into Ford and they were supposed to apply an update to fix the issue. Not sure if they really did that or just cleared the code.

Since then I did a muffler delete, which was dumb. Sounds ok, but holly sh** it drones an 2K on the highway. (from what i was told there was no drone....BS). About 2 weeks after the muffler delete the code popped back up. about 50F outside.
I'll be changing the exhaust and then will clear the code and keep everyone updated if it pops back up. FYI...i drive the GT about half the week. I prob. put about 150 miles on it when the code returned.

Not to hijack this...But if anyone has any good links or suggestions for an muffler/resonators which add some aggressiveness to the car, but not a ton....I drive 20 miles to work on the highway...must have no drone. I've heard the GT500 mufflers add a little and have no drone. Opinions?
I'v had to GT500 Axel-backs for months, zero drone at highway speeds.

2014 GT Ingot Silver with GT500 Axelbacks, Ford Racing shift ball, painted coil covers and hood vents. Tinted fog lights. OEM strut tower brace.
Apprentice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarp View Post

I'v had the GT500 Axel-backs for months, zero drone at highway speeds.

2014 GT Ingot Silver with GT500 Axelbacks, Ford Racing shift ball, painted coil covers and hood vents. Tinted fog lights. OEM strut tower brace.
Rookie

I have a 2014 GT/CS and have had this code pop up three times after I filled the tank, the last time just a couple of weeks ago. I have FRPP tune and GT 500 axlebacks. That's it. I'm in SoCal so only 91 octane available.

I have noticed that both times it happened when I bought my premium gas at a local Shell. I normally use Costco gas and have no issues at all.
I cleared the code and filled the tank with Costco premium and no more issues for the last two tanks. I would pay attention to where you are getting your gas when it pops and try a different station.

2013 CS/GT Sterling Gray, GT500 ABs, no resonators, Ford Racing Performance Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page