"Oh what a feeling..." Mustang GT version - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

"Oh what a feeling..." Mustang GT version

On the way to work this morning, no one around at a remote intersection. Bounced the motor off of the rev limiter in first and second gear. Now THAT's a feeling!

2012 GT Base. 6MT, 3.31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
BOSS Member

Garage
Rev limiter in the morning. There's nothing like it.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Don't ever thing there is no one around. That is when the little piggies will get you. Never fails. The piggies are always watching.

2011 GT, Blaze Yellow, 3.55's, 19" SVE Drift Wheels, Premium, 55D Springs, J&M Pan Hard Bar, Comfort Group, Security Package, JLT Oil Separator, GT 500 Axle Back, Eleanor Grill, Barefoot Gas Pedal

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
PONY Member

The 3rd gear rubber is nice to but 4th gear rubber is the best. You'll be smilling for a while after that.

2014 Mustang GT MT/3:73 Gears/Brembo Brake Package
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I like to do that when i leave work.LOL
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

The biggest smile come"s when you look down at that ticket in your hands,the one with all the $$$$$ on it, and say to yourself boy was that ever really DUMB,then smile again when you get your insurance bill,now that"s a feeling that lasts,man is this ever fun.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
The biggest smile come"s when you look down at that ticket in your hands,the one with all the $$$$$ on it, and say to yourself boy was that ever really DUMB,then smile again when you get your insurance bill,now that"s a feeling that lasts,man is this ever fun.
I've got 4 tickets in my last 2 Mustangs and have no problems with it. If you drive like you stole it you can expect tickets.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleshmcfilth123 View Post
I understand you are a 65 year old man going through an end-life crisis, but what people choose to do with their cars is none of your business. Not all people buy these cars not to show off at the retirement home and to pick up their medications, some people actually drive them like they were meant to be driven. Some people choose to modify them as well, just like people have been doing to Mustangs since they came out when you were 18. I read through your other posts, and there's no reason for your condescending attitude towards younger people who choose to do as they wish with their vehicles, but if you ARE going to, at least show your wisdom by using proper spelling, punctuation and grammar. Thanks.

To the OP: Oh my god don't drive your mustang fast!!11 that's not what they're made for...drive it 5 miles per hour under the speed limit at all times and shift at 2000 rpms!!!11

Sounds like fun dude, tach it up
Gotta tach it up every now and then! Enjoy it!

Me: 2014 GT Track Pack
Wife: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I understand you are a 65 year old man going through an end-life crisis, but what people choose to do with their cars is none of your business. Not all people buy these cars not to show off at the retirement home and to pick up their medications, some people actually drive them like they were meant to be driven. Some people choose to modify them as well, just like people have been doing to Mustangs since they came out when you were 18. I read through your other posts, and there's no reason for your condescending attitude towards younger people who choose to do as they wish with their vehicles, but if you ARE going to, at least show your wisdom by using proper spelling, punctuation and grammar. Thanks.

To the OP: Oh my god don't drive your mustang fast!!11 that's not what they're made for...drive it 5 miles per hour under the speed limit at all times and shift at 2000 rpms!!!11

Sounds like fun dude, tach it up
I think what he was trying to say to you was, just be careful you don't get caught,it might cost you $$$ in both tickets and inflated insurance!
I also did not see him coming down on you,honestly...he was just opening the possibility if the "what if" became " it happened"
Enjoy your ride as you see fit,it's all good man

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Apprentice

Well I'm north of 50 & read no reference to young people in his comment. Not so with yours so be nice with that & "crisis" comments. I have been driving/riding performance vehicles since 11 years old & hopefully will until they kick dirt in my face. I stomp it when the feeling hits me & give my attorney $200 when I get a driving award to make it go away. Worth every penny too. As far as I can tell feels just as good now as it did when I was your age. So we should all be on the same page.

2011 Candy GT Vert
1969 Camaro
PONY Member

Not just this post. This guy has been in several threads with such quotes as

"I can take your age in to account for being stupid"

"
take it to the track.I am out of hear,Nuff said."

"
I would ditch the dam tune,go back to stock and see if your problem goes away, Ford doesn"t like them either,the only tune you need on the 5.0 is the one that comes out of your radio,and that"s no stink."

"
You are DUMMER than dirt,a 20 something punk that should not be allowed to drive,and then we all wonder why insurance companies,and the Gov"t look at this the way they do,we had IDIOTS like you back..."

"Look"s like my wife"s sewing machine+ you can kiss your warranty goodby, in one word (UGLY) SORRY JUST MY $02." - in regards to a Magnacharger?!?!

The Guy is just being an all around know-it-all ass, trolling trough threads about tuning and racing to preach his condescending BS. If you're going to be a part of a forum dedicated to the passion and modification of Ford Mustangs, there is no reason to act like this.

2012 5.0 GT M6 Grabber Blue
300A, 3.73s, Brembo Brake package, Lethal O/R X-pipe, Mac axle back, JLT CAI, Lund cammed tune/Bama race tune, J&M LCAs, FRPP K springs, Tokico HP struts, MGW shifter, 305/18 NT555Rs

2012 Accord SE - DD
Lost loves: '97 Acura CL, '08 Mustang V6, '05 Pontiac GTO, 2011 Civic
Apprentice

Quote:
Not just this post. This guy has been in several threads with such quotes as

"I can take your age in to account for being stupid"

"
take it to the track.I am out of hear,Nuff said."

"
I would ditch the dam tune,go back to stock and see if your problem goes away, Ford doesn"t like them either,the only tune you need on the 5.0 is the one that comes out of your radio,and that"s no stink."

"
You are DUMMER than dirt,a 20 something punk that should not be allowed to drive,and then we all wonder why insurance companies,and the Gov"t look at this the way they do,we had IDIOTS like you back..."

"Look"s like my wife"s sewing machine+ you can kiss your warranty goodby, in
one word (UGLY) SORRY JUST MY $02."
- in regards to a Magnacharger?!?!

The Guy is just being an all around know-it-all ass, trolling trough threads about tuning and racing to preach his condescending BS. If you're going to be a part of a forum dedicated to the passion and modification of Ford Mustangs, there is no reason to act like this.
No reason to @ all. Don't let him make you get on his level. We all get a grin with these cars & when that goes away just should move on. Until then I'll light 'em up!

2011 Candy GT Vert
1969 Camaro
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Stang View Post
The 3rd gear rubber is nice to but 4th gear rubber is the best. You'll be smilling for a while after that.
Can you do this on a bone stock 5.0? I've never managed to chirp 4th but then again, I've never really tried.

2013 Mustang GT Premium
Build Date: 01/14/2013
  • Ford Performance 3.73 Gears
  • MGW Race Spec Shifter
  • Flowmaster Outlaw Catbacks
  • American Racing Long Tube Headers / off road x-pipe
  • Ford Performance Cobra Jet Intake Manifold
  • Ford Performance 65mm Cobra Jet Twin Blade T/B
  • Ford Performance Cobra Jet CAI
  • SCT Tune
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cor29 View Post
Can you do this on a bone stock 5.0? I've never managed to chirp 4th but then again, I've never really tried.
It's probably too hot where you live so your tires stick too well.
You could probably get your car to do it when its below 70 degrees.
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cor29 View Post
Definitely possible, The first time it happened with mine I had to question my hearing so I did it again to make sure.

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page