How about a $$ to Horsepower gain comparison for cold air intakes for the 2011 5.0?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
'11GT373&Brembo

Cool How about a $$ to Horsepower gain comparison for cold air intakes for the 2011 5.0??

You can buy Roush cold air intake under $200. JLT, Steeda, and many others range much higher in price, from mid $200- almost $400. So bang for buck,, which is the best choice.

I have an '11 GT 6spd with 373 gears and brembo package stock. I have added Roush Axleback mufflers and love the sound, which is why i looked to Roush for the cold air intake. But I dont want to waste money if it is not as good as the others. Has anyone seen a comparison in a magazine or a forum that I have missed?

I already have the axleback, next is a cold air intake and power programmer combo. I found a JLT cold air intake and SCT tuner combo for $600. Or i could get the Roush cold air intake and same SCT tuner combo for $500.

Would like more peoples opinions of experiences with these combo's and maybe advice which would be the best choice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
PONY Member

its been done.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...race-tune.html

2011 IS 5.0 6MT 3.55's
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
I've got test results showing 4 major manufacturers of CAI's for 2011 Mustang GT's putting down within 3RWHP of each other consistently, with identical tuning other than MAF calibration for that intake. We did a ton of testing, and there isn't one intake that really stands out by that far. Actually, the airaid made the most power a few pulls in a row. It's also the largest diameter throughout, it seems. Again, they were all so close, there isn't an intake that stands out. That's going to make the market interesting
15.....characters

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
PONY Member

I would go with airraid. Have 2 friends with 5.0s and they both love their air raid cai combo

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
I THINK AIRAID MAKES THE ROUSH CAI--OR,MAYBE IT IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND.. I have the Roush CAI and I think it is a-ok

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
PONY Member

It all boils down to personal preference. As been stated thru many various threads on the topic, all CAI's are virtually the same. I have Roush A/B too. I went with the JLT, custom tuned on a dyno by local shop. Love the result!

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang8psi View Post
I also have the roush intake.. Although I didn't pay for it.. A free gift from the dealership, It gets the job done! With a tune is were your gonna make the power. I have run against guys with jlt's airaids, steeda's and i come out with better trap speeds and consitant 116-117mph and 11.9-11.8 et's. Again find a good tuner and get a good tune.
Is the roush intake a warranty safe mod?
You said you got it from the dealership...

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Mustang GT|GT500 AB |FRPP Tune|6A
2010 Rav4 V6 | 07 Mazdaspeed3| 04 SRT4| 99 GSXR 750
2012 Camaro SS L99 Gone and forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 , 5.0 , cai , cold air intake , roush

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page