traction control and advance track light came on - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

happened to me too, except unlike the rest of you i have an auto...i was not going over 30 and the lights and brakes started coming on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Mine is an auto, too.

Apprentice

Im going to bump this instead of making a new thread. I pulled out of the bank today at lunch and it felt exactly as yall have described like my front tires were either flat or out of round and pulling to one side or the other and killing the power and the adv trac light was flashing as it did this. I panicked lol bec this is the first thing thats ever went wrong on the car and I havnt heard of it at all. I pulled over and stopped the car got out looked at my tires all is good shut the car off then back on and proceeded to drive again and all was good. Have any of yall found the problem or is it a throw something and hope it sticks if you go to the dealer or should I even worry?

2012 Race red, 6mt, 3.73s, Roush ABs :shiny:, Bbk Xpipe, Resonator Deletes, Eibach Pro Kit, J&m adj panhard, steeda intake bama tune, AM shifter, Saleen Replica wheels and Nitto tars!

PONY Member

Ive since sold my car, but here is a thread of someone who has, so far, seemed to have had this fixed. But it was a long and drawn out journey to get it fixed, and AFAIK she is the only one whom has had success in getting it fixed once and for all. Good luck to you.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-recorder.html
Apprentice

Dangit! I have a friend whos parts manager at the local ford dealer I may talk to him. If its a fluke thing I wont worry much but if its a legit problem I will. If I have to just turn all the nannies off Im good with that I guess. Thanks man!

2012 Race red, 6mt, 3.73s, Roush ABs :shiny:, Bbk Xpipe, Resonator Deletes, Eibach Pro Kit, J&m adj panhard, steeda intake bama tune, AM shifter, Saleen Replica wheels and Nitto tars!
Rookie

Ford eventually found my problem. Wiring to one of the rear ABS sensors was too close to the exhaust pipe and was melted. If you added aftermarket exhaust you better make sure the installer didn't disturb the ABS wiring before going to the dealer or it may void the warranty.

Newsletter Editor -
Mustang Club of Tampa
Apprentice

Bumping this... it just happened to me today. They both came on randomly while driving (mind you I have a V6 not a GT...but figure no reason to make a new thread). I called and since I can't duplicate it when I want, I have to bring it in with the lights on (so I have to drive around till it comes on) then bring it in so they can get the code. Great dealer lol...

It's just getting frustrating feeling like I bring my car in to the dealer a decent amount.
37stangv6blue20

I'm bumping this too . I have a v6 and my car is a manual. Had advanced track message come up saying to service. Then I was driving a week later and my car drove like a bubble was in my front wheels only going 20mph. It went away and I since drove it 500 miles not another issue. Was thinking maybe related to low rpms/battery. I Dont have v8 I have a v6 and my car is manual 2011.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3r View Post
Bumping this... it just happened to me today. They both came on randomly while driving (mind you I have a V6 not a GT...but figure no reason to make a new thread). I called and since I can't duplicate it when I want, I have to bring it in with the lights on (so I have to drive around till it comes on) then bring it in so they can get the code. Great dealer lol...

It's just getting frustrating feeling like I bring my car in to the dealer a decent amount.
Let me get this escalated to for you, R4z3r. Since I already have your VIN, please PM me with your dealer, and best daytime number so I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37stangv6blue20 View Post
I'm bumping this too . I have a v6 and my car is a manual. Had advanced track message come up saying to service. Then I was driving a week later and my car drove like a bubble was in my front wheels only going 20mph. It went away and I since drove it 500 miles not another issue. Was thinking maybe related to low rpms/battery. I Dont have v8 I have a v6 and my car is manual 2011.
Hi 37stangv6blue20,

Even though you didn’t experience an adverse reaction with the ABS light coming on, I still recommend speaking to your Service Manager. He/she is in the best position to let you know if there is work needed, and about and coverage you may have for it (warranty, recall, etc.).

I’ll be happy to look into this for you if you still have questions.

Deysha
Rookie

I have a 2014 Ford Mustang 5.0 Automatic. I have had my car for about 6 months, and this has happened twice just in last 4 days. Both times I was pulling out into the hwy from a complete stop. Weather is not the issue, because it has not rained or snowed at my location. And I was not accelerating very hard either. When I pulled out both times the stability control system light came on, and my cars tires did something odd,like they were grinding and slipping or something ( Ive never had the trac control off), so I have never experienced anything like this. Does any one know what I should do or could tell me what could be the cause of this? BTW- the light only came on for a few seconds, and only drove funny for a minute or so and then was back to normal.
GT Member

Your tires likely lost traction and the brakes kicked in. Take it to the dealer and have them make sure everything is fine and next time start your own thread. The moderators frown on necroposting.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page