Help me understand my datalogs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Help me understand my datalogs

I'm a novice with this stuff, so in the interest of making sure my car is running correctly with my Bama tunes, I did some datalogging per their instructions. I don't really understand much of this stuff, especially the knock sensor stuff, and would appreciate it if anyone could help me understand what's going on here, and what I should be looking for.

Some semi-related questions I have:

I'm not sure what knocking should sound like, but I do get a sound I'd describe as a hiss in the 3-4K rpm range under moderate throttle. I've got an Airraid CAI (only mod other than the tune), so I'm assuming that it's an airflow noise (everything is much louder in general than with the factory airbox), but I originally had this setup on a 6MT that I don't recall making the same sound as on my current 6AT (both '11 GTs).

How much difference in performance is there going from 91 to 93 octane? I'd be fine with running a 91 tune if there's an added margin of safety and most of the performance gains come from the 87-91 jump.

Any idea how much flexibility there is in the transmission settings? The difference between the street and race tune settings for the transmission are pretty extreme (especially on the 1-2, 2-3 shifts) and I'm wondering if it's something you can dial in a little at a time, or if there are 2 or 3 distinct steps.

Attached Files
File Type: zip 93R on 9-26-11.zip (707.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: zip 93S on 9-26-11.zip (713.5 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011
GT Member

not sure if its just on my end, but the files wont work. they need to be csv files

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

The .csv files are too large to upload directly, so these are compressed. In Windows 7 (at least) it should be possible to just double-click the downloaded file to open it and get the .csv.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

New log with a slightly update tune.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 93R on 10-5-11.zip (887.5 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page