hid guy bi-xenon hid headlight kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

hid guy bi-xenon hid headlight kit

Does anyone have this kit installed in a non-hid equipped car? I was looking to upgrade my factory lights to hid with hi/lo and wondered what kinds of feedback you all may have thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman View Post
Does anyone have this kit installed in a non-hid equipped car? I was looking to upgrade my factory lights to hid with hi/lo and wondered what kinds of feedback you all may have thanks!!
Don't know about them. Got mine from here for my 2011 F-150. Great product & price. DDM Tuning : HID Kits

2011 Candy GT Vert
1969 Camaro
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUZZYDP View Post
Don't know about them. Got mine from here for my 2011 F-150. Great product & price. DDM Tuning : HID Kits
I got the DDM's for my hi/lo and my gt/cs valence fogs. The quality is cheap as shizz. I mean the connectors are garbage and fell off, the bulb holders are cheap plastic and the bulbs rotate around in them when you try to lock the bulbs in the headlights. Also, you may need to switch the bulbs around a bit between left and right to make sure ur high beams are correct.

the most aggravating fact was that they come from China. I wish i knew this before ordering.

Ordered: 2.21.12 VIN: 3.23.12 Build: 4.13.12 ETA: 4.22.12
2013 GT Premium. 6MT. Deep Impact Blue. Recaros, Nav, Track Pack, Reverse sensing, Backup Camera. Borla S-Type Axlebacks, WeatherTech floor mats, Ford Racing K Springs, BMR Adj. Panhard, Upper and lower billet grille.

12.10.2011 RIP: 2012 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6M, 3.73's, reverse sensing package, premium wheels, Grabberpony Shift Knob, WeatherTech floor mats, BOSS valence and splitter, Saleen Grille, HID's, Roush Axlebacks.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Hye View Post
I got the DDM's for my hi/lo and my gt/cs valence fogs. The quality is cheap as shizz. I mean the connectors are garbage and fell off, the bulb holders are cheap plastic and the bulbs rotate around in them when you try to lock the bulbs in the headlights. Also, you may need to switch the bulbs around a bit between left and right to make sure ur high beams are correct.

the most aggravating fact was that they come from China. I wish i knew this before ordering.
Wow. Must be different on stang than 150? No issues with my headlights or fogs. Easy quick install. Had them in for 9 months. Think you got a turd set. Oh, if you wanted to avoid china parts you got one in your right hand while driving & a lot more I'm sure. Lol.

2011 Candy GT Vert
1969 Camaro
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Hye View Post
LOL you paid what $50-$55 for them? did you expect them to be American made? fwiw I have DDM hid's in my fogs of the Mustang, in my wife's Civic SI, as well as having them in my old 2005 Yamaha R6 and Triumph 675 and they never failed to work for me

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman View Post
i have had this kit on my car for a week now.. i like it, its way nicer to have the hi/low lights. my old car i only had the low lights and it sucked not being able to flash people lol..

2012 Mustang GT Kona Auto un-open N/A motor 10.59 at 128.15MPH MIR 11/22/2014 CAI, UPR control arms, UPR K Member, BMR Rad delete, JBA LT, H pipe, 5C converter, 3.31 gears, K springs, Alum DS, CJ intake and TB, Welds RTS. E85 Corn 453rwhp & 386rwtq and 474rwhp & 404rwtq with FTW gas Tuned by Rev Auto in Maryland
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013
Rookie

Seriously consider purchasing a hi/low HID kit from another place. I purchased a kit from them and what a mistake. 4 months later and I am still waiting for a response on a replacement harness.

After reading the Better Business Bureau's website, it sounds like they refuse to reply to the BBB. Apparently customer service is not about of their business image.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013
PONY Member

With HID's you really need to stay with a legitimate brand and yes you will pay much more than the crappy bulb swaps or cheap kits but there is no sacrifice other than a few more dollars the first and only time you should ever have to do it. At my local shop (vegas HID) i had the top of the line kit he offered (oracle i think it is) in bi xeon 8k heads and 3k fogs with resistors and ballasts of course installed with lifetime warranty all free replacement for around $400. With this set up the lights never have problems with power or turning on equally ect. They never flicker or go out like my previous cheaper ones did. Spend the money!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 TJIN EDITION
Vortech, M6 & MGW, ALUMINATOR 598/495 on 7psi 91 pump. too much to list...

2012 Chevy Cruze TJIN EDITION
Custom intercooler,magnaflow exhaust, too much to list too!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjin'stang View Post
With HID's you really need to stay with a legitimate brand and yes you will pay much more than the crappy bulb swaps or cheap kits but there is no sacrifice other than a few more dollars the first and only time you should ever have to do it. At my local shop (vegas HID) i had the top of the line kit he offered (oracle i think it is) in bi xeon 8k heads and 3k fogs with resistors and ballasts of course installed with lifetime warranty all free replacement for around $400. With this set up the lights never have problems with power or turning on equally ect. They never flicker or go out like my previous cheaper ones did. Spend the money!

You don't need to spend the money... These work fine. See below. Have had them for over a year with absolutely no problem. Even if they fail at 2 years, it's still only $59 for the whole kit.

Amazon.com: "Slim" HID Kit by Kensun with Xenon Lights, H10, 6000K - 2 Year Warranty: Automotive

• Simple installation - Usually in 20 minutes or less (some vehicles may require a professional installation)
  • Ballasts are 100% Water-proof, 100% Dust-proof, 100% Shock-proof
  • Included in kit: 2 slim digital ballasts, 2 bulbs, Installation instructions, Smart aluminum carry-case
  • Standard kits have a 2-year warranty
  • Produces 2 to 3 times as much light as a halogen bulb
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaman View Post
You don't need to spend the money... These work fine. See below. Have had them for over a year with absolutely no problem. Even if they fail at 2 years, it's still only $59 for the whole kit.

Amazon.com: "Slim" HID Kit by Kensun with Xenon Lights, H10, 6000K - 2 Year Warranty: Automotive

• Simple installation - Usually in 20 minutes or less (some vehicles may require a professional installation)
  • Ballasts are 100% Water-proof, 100% Dust-proof, 100% Shock-proof
  • Included in kit: 2 slim digital ballasts, 2 bulbs, Installation instructions, Smart aluminum carry-case
  • Standard kits have a 2-year warranty
  • Produces 2 to 3 times as much light as a halogen bulb
Thats good to hear, fine and dandy not knocking those particular ones it was just my .02 from experience ect. I see many people here in vegas say they can get you HID's for like $100 installed and they are garbage.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 TJIN EDITION
Vortech, M6 & MGW, ALUMINATOR 598/495 on 7psi 91 pump. too much to list...

2012 Chevy Cruze TJIN EDITION
Custom intercooler,magnaflow exhaust, too much to list too!
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If you really want a quality kit, go here and get them. You'll be paying a premium but you def get what you pay for. Going to be using them to retrofit my F250.

www.theretrofitsource.com

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
PONY Member

Best HID Kits, HID Headlights online shopping, LCD Projector/Tattoo Kits/CCTV Systems for sale

has really good kits, one of my buddies has had this kit for a long time with out any burnt bulbs.

2013 Canadian Mustang GT "Budget Boss" Deep Impact Blue (Borla Atak Axleback)
1979 International Scout II

"The Time is Now, Adapt and Destroy!"
PONY Member

Site Sponsor

Here is our selection of HID's for mustangs: Mustang - Ford - HID & LED by Vehicle - Replacement Lighting

I have our HID Low-beam /Halogen Hi-beams on my 2007 Mustang GT. We sell a great kit at fair price and are located in St. Louis, Missouri.

We stand behind our products, and you can always shoot me a PM or email us: [email protected] if you ever need anything.

We will have updated pictures with new mustang products on the site very soon.

Sure you can get HID kits cheaper, but you won't find a better value than ours, plus all of our ballasts have a lifetime warranty!

Thanks guys
Nick C.

HID and LED Lighting For Your Mustang
Visit diodedynamics.com To See Products!
(314) 205-3033
Rookie

So HIDGUY.NET changed to HIDGuy Mod-Shop - Custom Projector Retro-Fits, HID Kits and LED Bulbs from HMS Don’t buy from these thieves. It's interesting to look over the history of complaints on HIDGUY with Oscar and Dante. It seems at one point they may have been reputable but over the last few years not so much. It’s interesting to see Dante identify that they would not stay in business if there were a bunch of complaints on the forums about them and it appears he is right. HIDGUY.net is no more. I guess they figure we’re are all simpletons and will never realize that Oscar and Dante are changing the company name if too many people complain about how poorly they take care of customers.
Myself, I can honestly say these folks are thieves and liars. I ordered a set of custom headlights for $625 over a year ago and was told many many times from the original order they would be ready in two more weeks. They took my money the day I ordered them. They certainly have that end of the business figured out. I was told two weeks at least 30 different times. For over a year, they have provided a lot of reasonable excuses and I have been extremely patient.

For my willingness to work with them and be patient, now they have stopped responding to any of my inquiries even though I remain polite. I have not had a response since the end of January 2015, even though I continually try to get a hold of Dante or Oscar to see where we stand. Supposedly the last action they took on my account was to show them as shipped but when I advised I have not seen anything on this, Dante told me there was a mix up and they shipped my order to a different customer. Then he promised me again another two weeks and they would either get them back or build me a new set. That was the last time I was able to get a hold of them by phone. I've asked for a refund as well as it seems clear to me that they do not intend to build my lights. Now their phone number tells you to use their web site exclusively to contact them, which I have done 15 times on the web site, but continue to get no response. Someone is reading my inquiries though as some of my inquiries were deleted. I have also tried their emails, but they get bounced back. Don't get taken by these guys as they will steal from you and they will like to you about providing you the product you pay for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page