Willl a factory 2011+ Mustang GT factory strut brace fit GT500 mounts? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Willl a factory 2011+ Mustang GT factory strut brace fit GT500 mounts?

Hey guys,

Will the factory 2011+ Mustang GT 5.0 strut brace fit with GT500 strut mounts installed? I'm looking to install a set of Koni STRs or Yellows and I know 2011+ Mustang 5.0s need GT500 strut mounts or the Steed HD strut mounts. But will the factory strut brace still fit? Or do I need to purchase a GT500 strut brace?

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I put a set of KW V3 coilovers with the Steeda HD mounts and my factory brace fit just fine. The brace attaches to the two inner bolts on the mount so I imagine it would fit just fine. I have a set of the of the GT500 mounts as well and they look like they would fit the exact same, so you should be fine with your factory brace.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011
GT Member

yes, the studs on the GT500 mounts are the same size as the stock stut mounts, I just did this install last friday, if I had it to do over again Id get the adjustable strut mounts as I had to install camber bolts to get my car within specs (I had them do -1.00 camber) just something to think about

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page